2.4 vid is out

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just spotted on Instagram Jamie Jones showing off his new track, he's using Bitwig. :hihi:
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

Echoes in the Attic wrote:If there is one thing that I have become convinced of, it is that Bitwig is listening to its users who are sending feature requests and issues by email to their support. Even at times wen they don’t seem to think something is a problem, or don’t admit that it is, it seems that when enough people write to them, they actually act on it, possibly even before they get to whatever they had planned. It can’t be just a coincidence that some of the most talked about issues have been addressed with each update.
I agree... sending requests to Bitwig is noticed. And yeah, the most talked about issues are steadily being addressed. I'm so pleased that they have added midi channel support. Also that the channel support looks comprehensive including being able to edit by channel in the layered editor.

Yep, IMO they have always listened and have been improving the software nicely all the time since V1. Its only the impatient and the haters that were constantly complaining, expecting V1 of Bitwig to be as good as V10 of some other daw. :roll:
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

mholloway wrote:
rodanmusic wrote:Try running Bitwig in low resolution mode (looks like Bitwig 1 basically) and see if that helps. A user on another thread said it helped with his fans spinning.

Hey, thanks for the reminder about this, I'd meant to try that back when the instructions were posted but then got distracted / kinda forgot about it all.

Today I followed the instructions to create a copy of the BWS app that runs in Low Res mode on my iMac, and so far, so good -- there is definitely an improvement.

And the hit to the visual quality of the display is very minimal -- it *mostly* looks the same, it just lacks that sort of retina-style "gloss." To be honest, so far I don't even miss it...

cheers,
-M
Yeah the visual change isn't drastic enough for it to bother me, and well worth the speed improvements. Sadly sometimes it still runs slower than I think it should but it's at least enough improvement to make it useable.

Specifically when I solo or unsolo channels i get a lot of slowdown for some reason.

rodanmusic wrote:
Yeah the visual change isn't drastic enough for it to bother me, and well worth the speed improvements. Sadly sometimes it still runs slower than I think it should but it's at least enough improvement to make it useable.

Specifically when I solo or unsolo channels i get a lot of slowdown for some reason.

It's probably system specific, but FWIW I actually don't have any slow-ness issues with BWS at all... I guess perhaps the startup time for launching it is definitely slower than launching Ableton, but once the program is running I've encountered no slowness at all.... my reason for switching to Low Res was purely to mitigate the loud fan noise I was getting. The UI response is quick and snappy here (even when in High Res / Retina mode), sorry to hear it's not that way for others like yourself. I definitely haven't noticed any lag when solo-ing channels...

mholloway wrote:
rodanmusic wrote:

It's probably system specific, but FWIW I actually don't have any slow-ness issues with BWS at all... I guess perhaps the startup time for launching it is definitely slower than launching Ableton, but once the program is running I've encountered no slowness at all.... my reason for switching to Low Res was purely to mitigate the loud fan noise I was getting. The UI response is quick and snappy here (even when in High Res / Retina mode), sorry to hear it's not that way for others like yourself. I definitely haven't noticed any lag when solo-ing channels...
What resolution and screen size are you using?

I am running 5k resolution on a 27" iMac.

rodanmusic wrote:

I'm on a 27" iMac as well... how do I verify the resolution? And I just switched BWS to Low Res mode anyway, as discussed... but sorry, I'm not sure offhand how to verify my resolution, I'm sure it's simple.....just never needed to before!

btw, seems I might have spoke to soon about the Low Resolution Mode in BWS solving my fan issues -- today the fan is running totally loud again, maybe I didn't stress test it enough after I made the change previously...

mholloway wrote:
rodanmusic wrote:

I'm on a 27" iMac as well... how do I verify the resolution? And I just switched BWS to Low Res mode anyway, as discussed... but sorry, I'm not sure offhand how to verify my resolution, I'm sure it's simple.....just never needed to before!

btw, seems I might have spoke to soon about the Low Resolution Mode in BWS solving my fan issues -- today the fan is running totally loud again, maybe I didn't stress test it enough after I made the change previously...
Ah man that's too bad.

If you want to see the resolution just go to about this mac and in the default overview screen (or the displays tab) it should show you.

I've been thinking more and more about this Parseq-8 device, where each step can be its own modulator. It looks like it will be able to modulate many different parameters per each step. Does this mean we will be able to do Elektron style parameter locks? If so, that is an incredible feature.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

toby wrote:I've been thinking more and more about this Parseq-8 device, where each step can be its own modulator. It looks like it will be able to modulate many different parameters per each step. Does this mean we will be able to do Elektron style parameter locks? If so, that is an incredible feature.
From looking at it I'd say thats kind of how it will work, Elektron style minus the irritating menu system :tu:
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

toby wrote:I've been thinking more and more about this Parseq-8 device, where each step can be its own modulator. It looks like it will be able to modulate many different parameters per each step. Does this mean we will be able to do Elektron style parameter locks? If so, that is an incredible feature.
That certainly appears to be the idea, yes, but until we can try it out it's hard to be 100%...

Return to “Bitwig”