Seaboard Rise 49 - no 5D in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is anyone having issues with the factory controller script for the Roli Seaboard Rise 49? Basically I am factory default, plugged in my Roli, it automatically recognized it as a Seaboard Rise 49 and even chose 48 note PB. No matter what I cannot seem to get it to work with any of my 5D plugins. I tried looking for option to, "force MPE mode" but it is no longer available in Bitwig 2.4 (no where to be found). Yes, the Roli Dashboard is set to MPE mode.
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

tsbrim wrote:I tried looking for option to, "force MPE mode" but it is no longer available in Bitwig 2.4 (no where to be found).
I don't have a Seaboard and cannot test it. The "Use MPE" button moved to the inspector for the devices in version 2.4. (click the VST and you should see the button in the inspector)
In 2.4 you should be able to use an MPE-controller (with monophonic pitchbend I guess) even on plugins that don't support MPE (setting up the appropriate pitch bend range in the inspector).

Ok, so here is the entire screenshot of my inspector (as far as I know it is):
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

Select the device and the inspector will change

Sorry my last image was really large...

Here it is again, only this time you can see that I clicked on the VST as described. Does anyone see where this, "Use MPE" button is supposed to be located?

Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

select the device and the inspector will show the use MPE button plus the PB range

pdxindy, first of all, thank you for replying back so quickly...
Moving on:
You can see the outline around the device because I had selected it. But there is no other button besides pitch bend...

When you say click the device, I suppose that you mean to click this:

Is that correct?
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

no, down in the devices panel... select the device there

at the top of the inspector it says instrument track... which means you have the track selected.

Oh, yes... I see. Thank you so much!!
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

So actually, in order to select the device, you cannot do it by clicking on the device if you had already clicked on the instrument (SWAM Solo Sax). You have to de-select the instrument by either clicking on the track or on a blank space, so that you can then select the device. I guess you could call that the, "Instrument Track Lock Bug". In other words, I think that should be brought up to Bitwig to fix. It's a minor bug but it sure tripped me up!! That could be the difference between something working the day before a show and then not working the day of the show because someone updated to the new version and didn't know where to find something that was there previously. I know, I should read the documentation and learn all of this stuff, but I'm a father, an IT guy with a full time job, and I do music on the side...

Again, thank you so much for your help, because today is the day before the show, and tomorrow is the show... :)
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

Thanks guys for this three year old thread, I had exactly the same problem as tsbrim.
And it IS totally counterintuitive behavior, perpetuated into Bitwig 4. I understand the MPE users are fewer, and Bitwig maybe wanted to keep that MPE button away. Still, they should have a way to detect and activate MPE for vsts by default, or at least associate activated MPE for vst's that have already been used with it

andy4trance wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am Thanks guys for this three year old thread, I had exactly the same problem as tsbrim.
And it IS totally counterintuitive behavior, perpetuated into Bitwig 4. I understand the MPE users are fewer, and Bitwig maybe wanted to keep that MPE button away. Still, they should have a way to detect and activate MPE for vsts by default, or at least associate activated MPE for vst's that have already been used with it
If I add Hive to a track, then enable MPE and right click on hive device and use save as default preset, then every time I load Hive, MPE will be enabled.

You still need to set the track set channel setting from default All -> 1 to All -> Same

Thanks pdxindy, it worked as described.

Return to “Bitwig”