Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Roger_Linn
KVRian

974 posts since 8 Jun, 2010
Roger Linn Design
The main problem with Bluetooth is that the latency can’t go below 16 milliseconds.
Lukesleepwalker
KVRer

28 posts since 28 May, 2017

Postby Lukesleepwalker; Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:43 pm Re: using the Linnstrument on the go with an iOS device: choices

Moog model 15 just arrived with AU support on iOS, so I grabbed it at the $10 sale price (a steal!). But I'm getting strange results with my LS128. At times the MPE works as I'd expect. At others the patches freak out and stop generating sound completely until I change the preset. Anyone else have issues?
thedommer2000
KVRer

14 posts since 24 Feb, 2018

Postby thedommer2000; Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:08 am Re: using the Linnstrument on the go with an iOS device: choices

With the wonderful removal of the headphone jack how are people connecting their Linnstruments to the iPhone AND using audio out AND keep their phone charging? Dongle-gate is quite frustrating.
Roger_Linn
KVRian

974 posts since 8 Jun, 2010
Roger Linn Design
Hi dommer,

Elsewhere on this forum is a discussion about the iConnectAudio interfaces. And there’s some information about Apple’s dongles on my Hooking It Up Page.

In general, making music with iDevices highlights the inherent conflict between the needs of the many (common uses of mobile devices) and the needs of the few (making music with mobile devices).
John the Savage
KVRist

159 posts since 28 Mar, 2017

Postby John the Savage; Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 pm Re: using the Linnstrument on the go with an iOS device: choices

thedommer2000 wrote:With the wonderful removal of the headphone jack how are people connecting their Linnstruments to the iPhone AND using audio out AND keep their phone charging? Dongle-gate is quite frustrating.

I feel your pain, Dommer. I hate this move toward portless devices. I won't buy a new MacBook because of the lack of connectivity. I can understand how it might seem convenient at the consumer level to have everything wireless and waterproof; but in reality, we're just trading the convenience of having one device with proper connectivity for a kludge of flimsy dongles and peripherals instead, and the irony of having to harbor these new devices in protective cases because they're too small and too thin to hold onto, and too fragile to carry around on their own.

Frankly, it's ridiculous.

And all so Apple can, what, boast that their new computer, phone, or tablet is half a millimeter thinner and a couple ounces lighter?

Anyway, that concludes my rant for the day (smirk). I'm using an iConnectAudio4+. It works, albeit not without its issues, and it likely costs as much as the iDevice you're hoping to connect to, but hey... You gotta love modern technology (wink).

Cheers!
Previous

Moderator: Roger Linn Design Mods

Return to Roger Linn Design