Roli Equator plugin with Linnstrument?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious is anyone has tried the Roli Equator plugin with a Linnstrument?

I have a Rise on preorder and it comes with the Equator plugin so Im wondering how compatible it would be with my Linnstrument and has anyone tried using it yet?

Cheers..

Nigel

I have a beta and I think it's a very well designed synth with highly malleable sound sources and a focus on polyphonic expression and the subtleties of nuanced playability. ROLI may decide to sell it separately, so please let others know your impressions once you've had a chance to play with it, though I realize they aren't shipping right away.

Will do Roger...

Thanks...

I also hear they are going to bundle another synth with the Rise too but I cannot recall at this time, it's name..

Ring any bells with you?

Btw,, on your website under the section on the pluses and minuses of using Ableton Live.. you have accidentally used Logic instead of Live...
Does not support Poly Pressure messages, so independent pressure for simultaneous touches is not permitted, either from Logic's internal instruments but also from plug-in instruments.
- All channel information is removed from MIDI messages when they are received, so voice-per-channel operation is not only impossible on Logic's internal sound generators, but also on other voice-per-channel plug-in instruments used within Live.
Just thought you would want to know :)

Cheers..

Nigel

It might be FXpansion's Strobe2 because they've been talking for a while, but that's a guess.

Thanks much for catching my error on the site, which I've just corrected. If you or anyone else finds any other site errors, please do let me know.

I've heard rumors that the Equator synth will be available separately, and I do hope that will be the case. It looks like a very nice synth, and it would be good to have a preset library that's been designed around expressive instruments.

Roger_Linn wrote:If you or anyone else finds any other site errors, please do let me know.
On recommended sound generators page: "you will be able to perform to perform vibrato".

Thanks much. I've just fixed it.

Hi Nigel

I'm Head of Equator at ROLI.

We are currently testing the latest build of Equator with a Linnstrument running V 1.2.3 firmware as part of our validation of MPE support.

A first look suggests that the Linnstrument works fine with Equator's default settings.

We will be releasing regular updates to Equator over the coming months, and any problems we encounter will be fixed.

T.

Will you be selling equator as a separate VST or only with a seaboard?

Hi Ted,

Will the equator plugin be available as a standalone purchase if one does not own a Seaboard?

TedAtRoli wrote:Hi Nigel

I'm Head of Equator at ROLI.

We are currently testing the latest build of Equator with a Linnstrument running V 1.2.3 firmware as part of our validation of MPE support.
Thanks Ted... This is excellent news indeed...

Cheers...

Nigel

Thanks for the interest in Equator.

We will at some point make Equator available as a standalone product.
I'd like to be able to give you a date, but I'm afraid that right now, our main priority is support for RISE and GRAND.
It will be some time in 2016. I know that's leaving it wide open, but it's definitely going to happen.

T.

Ted,

Is Equator the only synth bundled with the Rise or is or will there be others?

Cheers..

Nigel

The Grand comes with a license for a special edition of D-Cam - maybe the Rise does too? (or Strobe 2 as suggested)

aMUSEd wrote:The Grand comes with a license for a special edition of D-Cam - maybe the Rise does too? (or Strobe 2 as suggested)
That is what Im was wondering though the FAQ doesn't seem to indicate that.....
What software does the Seaboard RISE come with?
Bundled with the purchase of the Seaboard RISE is the downloadable Seaboard RISE Software Installer, which includes the ROLI Dashboard and Equator for RISE (OSX and Windows)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”