Just announced: LinnStrument 128. $999!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Woah...
Since I use only half of mine because I have placed a tablet on its left side to have controllers, this one will be perfect for me !
I will try to sell it and order this one as soon as I can...
Wonderfull :-)

It's so cute :) A baby LS. Love it! Must be cool for traveling.

Hi Roger,

Are going to be available from dealers in the UK anytime soon?

Cheers

Andy
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Yes, KMR Audio in London will have stock shortly after we start shipping on Nov 14.

Nice, thanks :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Wonderful news, guys! :party:

I just ordered my 128 from Sweetwater. It is going to be a great traveling companion so I can leave the big guy at home... :-)

Thanks!

Gil

Received my 128 yesterday (gave myself an early present)...and i am very very excited about it....!

Wonderfull quality...and very easy to get into...

Tx Roger and Geert...:)

Thanks RodmanSan, that's great to hear! Happy holiday! :)
RodmanSan wrote:Received my 128 yesterday (gave myself an early present)...and i am very very excited about it....!

Wonderfull quality...and very easy to get into...

Tx Roger and Geert...:)
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

I'm kind of amazed that music stores in Canada haven't started carrying these. I'm in Toronto and I would think that Long & McQuade, Steve's Music and Moog Audio would all want these. Particularly Long & McQuade or Moog Audio. Moog mostly carries synth/midi controller/computer music gear and I can't see how they wouldn't want to carry both versions of the Linnstrument. These stores carry practically every other piece of midi hardware!
I hope Roger reaches out to some of these retailers because a serious piece of gear like this should be available to try before buying ideally.
Though to Roger's credit, he does offer to try and find a Linnstrument owner to let you try it out. Still, that shouldn't be necessary. These retailers are slacking.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Straight. L&M are notoriously conservative and like to stick to commodity box items. Moog Audio has bought in past but not on an ongoing basis. It often comes down to how many calls they get from customers, and whether they think it will sell without their having to take the time to learn how to demo it.

Okay. Thanks for the quick reply Roger. It's such a different product that perhaps the retailers are hesitant to take it on at it's price point? Moog has a lot of pad controllers like Ableton Push on the floor, so I would think they'd at least want one as a floor model. I mean it's different in terms of capability, but the grid is similar enough to Push and a couple other controllers that it's hard to imagine someone not falling in love with it.
As for Long & McQuade, they sell the Seaboard Rise and may carry Keith McMillen's upcoming K Board Pro 4(they have his other products on their website), so it's really odd that they wouldn't want to carry the Linnstrument as well.
The only MPE devices I can really understand stores not carrying are things like the Harken controller which cost a fortune. Oh well.
Thanks for the explanation sir.

It's also good to remember that many current musicians don't even know what notes are. :) For example, some DJs use Push only for clip launching, drum pads and occasional bass lines, but are flummoxed by that expression thing. And Roli has $50 million in investment and 120 employees, so it's possible they give the store a demo unit.

I just got a new tiny dealer in Montreal, TechnoSynth Instruments, so Toronto's probably not far behind. And repeated calls to your local store in various voices never hurts. (Just kidding.)

Roger_Linn wrote:It's also good to remember that many current musicians don't even know what notes are. :) For example, some DJs use Push only for clip launching, drum pads and occasional bass lines, but are flummoxed by that expression thing. And Roli has $50 million in investment and 120 employees, so it's possible they give the store a demo unit.

I just got a new tiny dealer in Montreal, TechnoSynth Instruments, so Toronto's probably not far behind. And repeated calls to your local store in various voices never hurts. (Just kidding.)
That's good news. I'm sure someone will want to carry it here in the very near future. Maybe another tiny music store like Savedbytechnology, Kaoss Music etc...
And I'm actually planning to call or email Moog later. The pressure has to start somewhere. :wink:

Return to “Roger Linn Design”