Problem with Linnstrument pitchbend

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, sarmad5. You mentioned that the value you get is "between 1487-1497". I assume you mean that each time to do the slide, the value stops moving and rests on a steady value that in within that range, correct? And to confirm, you have Bend Range set to +/-24 and both Quantize and Quantize Hold on (at which speed?), correct? And what is your serial number?

Yes that is correct. It stops at a value which is within the range I mentioned earlier, also both the synth and the linnstrument are setup for +/-24 pitchbend. Both fast and slow settings behave similarly if I try to play accurately the value is 2600 +/-10, and if not it's 2600 +/- 40. The serial number is LNL00705.

Good News! Factory reset solved the problem. Now with a perfect 5th bend the value comes between 2375-2385. Other notes sound good too. Silly me, I should've done that in the first place. Thank you and sorry for all the trouble.

The pitchbend value should be exactly the same every time at 2388 for a 5th and the octave should be 4096 these figures are with a 24 range.

If you are seeing variation then there is still some sort of problem with the quantise.

The 2600 you were seeing would have been a pitch range of 22, was the +24 button in settings blue before and green after the reset?
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Hmmm.... Yes the +24 button was blue before and after the reset. What could be wrong?

So I can confirm that after enabling Quantize Slow (Qhold, and Qfast). The final figure, upon release of the note, for the fifth comes to 2388 (slight variation in value does occur before that figure appears, but I guess that would be normal) , and the octave comes to 4096. With just Quantize Fast enabled, there is variation.

Good stuff.

When the 24 button is blue it means you have a custom setting. If you hold it down for a while a number will appear on the linnstrunent, to change it drag left or right. If you set it to 24 then the light will go back to being green.

Thank you BobDog, didn't know that. Also, I play with the right split, since I like the blue lights better, and when I said the 24 light was blue, I meant it for the right split :)

Ah ok :)

You can change the colours of the left split as well, have a look at this page: http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/ls-per-s ... tings.html

Basically press "per-split settings" then in the COLOR column you can see the colours used for MAIN, ACCENT, PLAYED and LOW ROW. If you tap these then the colours change.

Thanks, BobDog, for thinking of that and helping sarmad5.

Sarmad5-- I'm glad your problem is now solved.

Yes I am aware of that, but I had to a lot resets in the beginning, so never bothered with it again. I think I'll start saving presets from now on. Thank you once again.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”