Komplete 10, Kontakt 5

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, for being a really crappy keyboard player, I sure have some nice softsynths lurking around on my harddrives! They've been great to have around for my studio clients that can actually play and the odd supporting part I 'd manage on projects.

Lots of standard one channel fun with Absynth, Reaktor, FM8, Battery et al. The standout for polyphonic fun is Kontakt 5. It's not mpe per se, but you can load up to 16 synths in each of its 4 racks with different midi channels. Got a real sweet pedal steel going with 4 instances of a Jazz guitar.

Maximum bend range is +/- 12 steps. Easy to set up splits with different sounds. Lots of modulation options, including polyphonic aftertouch. All parameters seem to be on a per instrument basis, though I haven't cracked the manual on it.

Plenty of high quality content out there for it.

It's very sophisticated... I have to wonder if there is a way to go mpe with it?

Kontakt:
Think you have to go as you say, per instrument; save and then load how many you want.

Pitch Bend- There is a way to increase.. Go to instrument edit mode, make sure Edit All Groups is enabled, then check the Source module modulations. If a pitch bend modulator is not there, add one, then set its modulation depth. Maximum range is 12 semitones. If you need more, add more pitch bend modulators. (this is a tip from a user on NI forum)

I keep saying and experiencing, there is a lot to gain expressiveness talking by just using one Channel ;-)

Thanks for the tip! Since it's a sample based instrument, it seems like 12 semitones is more than enough for most things. The modulation section has a lot to take in. And I'm surprised how many free things are out there, though I probably shouldn't be since it seems to read almost any format of sample bank.

Yes, single channel synths are great too, I'm having a blast with everything I pull up except pianos. :hihi: but I'm fascinated by polyphonic expression... all new to me.

Kontakt has a serious scripting language... maybe mpe could be done through that?

Return to “Roger Linn Design”