Sequencer feedback and questions

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Linnstrument sequecer is quite nice. I've got a special attractio9n to sequencers for some reason and have tried many over the years.

I particularly like that Linnstrument sequencer records the note velocity, etc as they are entered. Makes for a more musical playback.

One thing I enjoy about the Monome White Whale sequencer is the ability to set up a grouping of sequences in a particular order for playback. Currently, we can select from the stored sequences with a key press. But having the sequences auto-play in order frees one up to do other things in the music. Is this a possibility for the Linnstrument sequencer or overkill?

Another question: I thought I read somewhere that we can play the Linnstrument while sequences are playign back. Is this true? I've not stumbled upon how to do this yet...

Geert - great bit of coding as usual.

Roger - well done sequencer tutorial video.

Thanks.

Thanks Randy,

I would still like for each project to have a song arrangement screen where you can define the order in which the patterns are played, as well as how much of each pattern (ie. the number of steps). I haven't talked this through with Roger yet, but it is something that I've personally missing also.

Just switch to the other split and the sequencer will continue running in the background.

For instance in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKv4oKx ... 1_&index=5

Take care,

Geert
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Ah... makes sense. I had set the 2nd split also for Sequencer which was the issue. Thanks.

My LinnStrument is on the way! I've watched all the videos on the step sequencer I can find but haven't been able to find out how you can enter a note into a step and have it last more than one step. How do you do this?

Thank you for buying a LinnStrument, SOPiiAC. When you enter a note in the Step Sequencer screen, it receives a duration equal to the selected Step Size (8th, 16th, 8th triplet, dotted 8th, 16th swing, etc.) in relation to the selected tempo. After entering the note, you can adjust its duration by selecting the note then moving the visual slider labeled "Duration" in the lower right area of the screen.

Awesome! Thanks, Roger! May I suggest a future update where you hold a step down and then touch a note further down the row to decide the length? Thanks for the quick response. I feel like I joined a special community.

It's possible. For now, simply enter the note then drag the Duration slider at right to select the desired duration. If you don't change it, it will receive the duration of the selected Step Size.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”