Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
118 posts since 14 Dec, 2010

Postby DIGIFEX; Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:22 am No larger GUI for Loom 2?

Hi there,

does anybody know, if there will be a larger GUI for Loom 2 in the near future?
I really have mixed feelings on updating to version 2 right now. I don't want to be charged another time when a larger GUI version is out. And how about the other plugins? May be I should wait until new versions of Structure, Strike and Hybrid are out and upgrade then. Though it may be possible, that I'll wait forever...
472 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:36 pm Re: No larger GUI for Loom 2?

Could be as I have been following this for a while... AIR has been posting about GUI changes for over a year maybe?
118 posts since 14 Dec, 2010

Postby DIGIFEX; Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:59 am Re: No larger GUI for Loom 2?

Yes, it mus be about a year or so when they first mentioned a major GUI overhaul would be in the pipeline. I don't know why it's taking so long. But from what I see they are focusing on other projects. (They released Vacuum Standard and Boom as platform independant VSTs for example within the last month.)
On the other hand other developers succeed in making their older VSTs scalable. Image line released some updates free of charge last year and I grabbed up some plugins again that had become nearly unusable on modern screens with higher pixel density. Sytrus for example looks great now and is a top synth after all those years.

AIR should at least promise to deliver a free update for a bigger GUI version of Loom 2. Of course version 2 has some significant improvements but it is still not quite up to date yet.
716 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:37 pm Re: No larger GUI for Loom 2?

Yup, Loom 2 appears to have been rushed out. I would pay money to have the entire AIR collection updated with modern, scalable, UIs...
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
2 posts since 19 Nov, 2016

Postby Shad0wLandsUK; Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 am Re: No larger GUI for Loom 2?

Seems AIR are up to their old tricks again

I remember when I purchased AIR IEP2 and they all went on a National Holiday that evening, loads of us paid for a product we did not get till around two weeks later.

Then the download servers were giving us the the wrong files and on and on.
I think I have more support tickets to them than any other developer I own...and I own a few developers products ;)

Moderators: Moderators (Main), AIR Music Technology Mods

Return to AIR Music Technology