Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Kazrog
KVRian

755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 am Kazrog Web Hosting Change / Scheduled Downtime

Hi,

As I alluded to in another thread, I am being forced to switch to a new hosting provider due to some very nasty circumstances surrounding my host's corporate restructuring - which would result in degraded service at a higher cost to me, starting in February 2018. I tried to work this out with them, but they explained to me that they are simply passing costs along as their former parent company did an incomplete sale of portions of their business - in the process, leasing out legacy services to older customers like me with the new company as the middleman, with no logical upgrade path.

So, in addition to preparing KClip 3 for release, I'm also going to have to migrate everything to a new host. Changes are ahead. I'll post updates in this thread as the picture becomes clearer.

UPDATE: I'm in the process of setting up new hosting, and backing up the existing sites.

DOWNTIME SCHEDULED

All Kazrog websites will be offline temporarily starting January 2, 2018. If you need to install or authorize new plugins, please do so now before downtime begins. Downtime is anticipated to last anywhere between 24 and 72 hours starting January 2 at 12 PM PST.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Jotunbjorn
KVRer

12 posts since 27 May, 2016

Postby Jotunbjorn; Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 am Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change

Good luck, man. I hope everything goes well.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:35 pm Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change

New hosting is being configured as we speak. So far nice people, optimistic. 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 pm Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change

I've finally killed off the PluginUpdate server in preparation. I don't think I'll be bringing it back. I don't have time to maintain the app anymore, and I couldn't find an interested party to buy the code.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:22 am Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change / Scheduled Downtime

Getting a slightly early start. All sites are offline as of this posting. Migration going smoothly so far. :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

2093 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:26 am Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change / Scheduled Downtime

Kazrog wrote:Getting a slightly early start. All sites are offline as of this posting. Migration going smoothly so far. :phones:

Man, glad I managed to authorized the complete collection I bought last night.

Authorized then went to check the website and nothing was there.

Just in the nick of time! :lol:
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every 4 days or less!
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:10 pm Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change / Scheduled Downtime

Having some issues with SSL now. Not thrilled. Will keep at it...
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:00 pm Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change / Scheduled Downtime

The store/backend/authorization system will be down until I can speak to a rep on the phone at this point, as I've hit a wall with some issues here. I'm optimistic that things should be back to normal by the end of the week, hopefully sooner.

Again, really sorry about all this!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am Re: Kazrog Web Hosting Change / Scheduled Downtime

OK, had a major breakthrough today, and everything should be back up and running. Thanks for your patience - and of course, please let me know if you encounter any issues!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog

FEATURED
48% Off
SpeakerSpeaker Modelling
by AudioThing
  $19.00
Add A Review My KVR
Was $19.00; Save $9.25 until 30 Jun 2018!
Philosophy of design: An interview with Roland Lamb from ROLI
Advertisements