Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

automating amp channel?

chroma
KVRian

767 posts since 10 Jan, 2010

Postby chroma; Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:10 am automating amp channel?

I seem to remember somewhere that this wasn't supported for some reason, but it would be useful, and I think it may cause bugs not to support it... is it supposed to be supported?

I tried midi-mapping a foot controller to amp channel in Live (9.5, windows, 64 bit), thermionik is 5.03, and the GUI changes but the sound doesn't.

This also causes other issues... I had an issue where, after loading a project, the GUI said 'Clean' but it sounded like 'Crunch'. What I think happened is that I loaded a T5 preset that was Crunch, changed it locally to Clean but didn't save a new preset, then saved the project. After the project was reloaded, if I switched it in the GUI to crunch, then back to clean, it would sound right, but it didn't restore correctly.
Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 am Re: automating amp channel?

This is one of the fixes that is being worked on for 5.0.4. Sorry about that!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
StateOE
KVRer

20 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby StateOE; Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:55 pm Parameter MIDI Control

Hey there Shane,

Another feature request in the same vein, to map MIDI messages to parameters within Thermionik and Recabinet themselves and to be able to save those parameter maps within Thermionik and Recabinet presets, storing not only the maps themselves but also parameter range limits as well as response curves. This would make MIDI mapping per preset more efficient and less complicated than using external options like Reaper parameter control and JS : Midi CC Mapper X, e.g..

Thanks Man!

-Djerek
Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 pm Re: automating amp channel?

I appreciate all the input with regard to MIDI, Djerek. These are all great ideas, but this will take me some time to research and implement. As a cross platform developer, this does mean that a lot of testing is required as well. Thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
StateOE
KVRer

20 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby StateOE; Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:07 pm Parameter MIDI Control

I totally understand, Man. Also, it also comes back to the idea of a plugin specializing in one function, especially when specialized solutions already exist for accomplishing whatever else you're trying to implement in your audio work. That's the reason you separated your cabinet and amp sections, as well as allowing the disengaging of amp sections for mixing and matching. Now that I think of it, what I requested is very much more in the line of the opposite way of thinking, like all-in-one amp suites, and that approach reduces the quality of its components. Thinking this through out loud, there's really no good reason to request this feature. Your instincts have already proven right, and I'm very curious to see where they lead.

All the best
nezvers
KVRer

18 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Postby nezvers; Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:31 pm Re: automating amp channel?

I had a bit of thinking - if there was midi CC destination already tied to parameters then it should be easy to find vst that does midi cc routing (I think Reaper already has something like that). You could set it up there and save it as preset.

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog