Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Kazrog
KVRian

786 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:05 pm KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this by now, but here's the official announcement.

Thanks to all of you here for your input! I'm really excited about this update and can't wait to get it out to you guys! 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
jm1
KVRer

14 posts since 24 Jun, 2015

Postby jm1; Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:04 pm Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Cool, I already have the first version of KClip. Can you tell a little bit more about the tape saturation that will be on the Pro version? Is it a full on tape machine emulation with different tape sizes, IPS, etc. (kind of like the Slate VTM) or more to get a general feel of how clipping would sound with tape saturation?

Thanks.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:16 pm Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

It's more of the latter - a kind of cleaned up version of tape without all of the drawbacks - a tape inspired saturator (no wow and flutter or funky noise, etc.) Also, the tube saturator is basically an audiophile take on Thermionik.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
nezvers
KVRer

12 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Postby nezvers; Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:22 pm Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

That's uber MIC DROP right there!
Burillo
KVRAF

2904 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:04 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

does the pro version come free for VIP owners? if not, what's the pricing on upgrade to Pro?
From Russia with love
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16783 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

O.o;
cprompt
KVRian

671 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Want!
Sim.Sky
KVRian

623 posts since 26 Sep, 2014, from Kingshill Valley

Postby Sim.Sky; Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:49 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

#betaforumpreviewversion ? ;) Looks major, definitely!
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Burillo wrote:does the pro version come free for VIP owners? if not, what's the pricing on upgrade to Pro?

Great question! Since the VIP offer is really for the guitar line, and KClip 1 was a bonus to tide people over until the long-delayed release of the first 25 Thermionik 5 amp modeling plugins and Recabinet 5, all VIPs will get the free KClip 2 (standard) upgrade, but the Pro version is a paid update just the same as it is for all other KClip 1 owners. This seems the most fair to everyone.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Burillo
KVRAF

Postby Burillo; Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

thanks, pretty much expected that to be the case :)
From Russia with love
cprompt
KVRian

671 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:20 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Hey Shane, does the fact that these are pre-orders mean the price will increase upon release? I think $25 for the upgrade is very fair and am more than happy to plonk my money down, but can't afford to do that for a little while due to being skint!
jorismak
KVRist

88 posts since 10 Mar, 2014

Postby jorismak; Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:10 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Here we go again... 2nd mail with the same 'kclip2 introduction ' mass mail.

A second mail is not a problem (yet)but if this goes anything like last time I will keep receiving kclip mails every week for the upcoming months :S.

I'm actually interested in kclip2 this time but that doesn't mean I need to see the introduction again, and again, and again, and again, and again.... :)
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:21 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Prices are subject to change down the road, but KClip 1 users will always receive a discount. That said, I have no plans to change pricing anytime soon.

joriskmak - really odd to hear that you're getting the email twice. Are you reading in text mode or something? All emails use open tracking to prevent double-sends.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Burillo
KVRAF

Postby Burillo; Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:40 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

Kazrog wrote:joriskmak - really odd to hear that you're getting the email twice. Are you reading in text mode or something? All emails use open tracking to prevent double-sends.

that "open tracking" clearly doesn't work as i've been getting Thermionik/KClip emails regularly at some point. does it work if i read the email on my phone? and why is this necessary in the first place, can't they just be sent once, regardless of whether they were read?
From Russia with love
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:16 am Re: KClip 2 and KClip 2 Pro Announced

I'm using the highly regarded MailChimp platform, and the open tracking is supposed to work in almost any email client for any platform, desktop or mobile. It's strange, though, because in the last year I've been getting more complaints. I may have to talk to their support team about this.

As for your second question, there's two reasons. One is that I don't want users missing out on important news and updates (it's so easy to miss an email.) Another comes down to a little thing we call...

It's critical - while this is my passion, it's also a business, and I have a family to feed. I do everything I can to make sure that it's as unobtrusive as possible. Sorry for any annoyance - I'll look into this further.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Next

Moderators: KVR Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog