Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14172 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:29 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Try the Cobra, too. I love how tight and punchy it is with palm muting.
xphen0m
KVRian

717 posts since 27 Jan, 2008

Postby xphen0m; Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:56 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

EvilDragon wrote:Try the Cobra, too. I love how tight and punchy it is with palm muting.

My first "real" amp crush was the Framus Cobra. Ever since then, I was always hoping that someone would make a Cobra amp sim. Enter Recabinet 4. I immediately pre-ordered the VIP package because I knew it'd be awesome. I was looking forward to the Serpent amp the most, since it models the Framus Cobra. It blew me away.

I've felt like I've used the Serpent too much, so I've been using the other amps. I like the FB100 model A LOT, but the Serpent is still bae. Psycho C is fantastic, and I like both Rectifiers. I haven't used the Damage amp too often (if at all) in a final mix.

Lately, I've been experimenting with processing the guitar DI before it even hits the distortion pedal VST, before the amp. I've gotten good results in my personal usage.
Vasya Mishchenko
KVRist

68 posts since 1 Aug, 2014

Postby Vasya Mishchenko; Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:21 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Oh, yes, Serpent, Psychos (C especially), FB100, and one of those Marshall sims (I think it's either Jose or Soldano mod) do the job pretty well for me when it's about crunch to higain. Finally sat down to try the sims. Fantastic job, Shane. My congratulations. btw as we're heading towards the next release in December/January, isn't it time to reveal the models? Just thinking aloud. Cheers, guys.
Bouroki
KVRist

122 posts since 16 Jun, 2013, from Morocco

Postby Bouroki; Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:36 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Wow I came in with the intent to mention the FB-100 only to already find it the most recommended one! It really is something.
DrSense
KVRist

135 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

DrSense wrote:Duality 3ch / Plexi
FB100
Serpent / Bassmensch

in that order. so far. will add more amps sooner or later that might change this.
Combining Duality and Plexi is epic.

Sooo...I added amps...and there is no list anymore. Seriously...never before I've been so impressed by guitar amp models. I now got the original five + Duality 2ch, OgreTuber, Plexi, FB100, Bassmensch, Vocal 30TB, Solid 100 and the Psycho C. They're all amazing and all have their unique abilities. Ever used a Tele with the Solid 100? Can play some f*cked up chords and it keeps its sh*t together...

The only thing I am missing now is some icecold dead ultraclean sound. But I never got it out of a "real" amp anyway but with a Vetta II.
Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:28 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

DrSense wrote:
DrSense wrote:Sooo...I added amps...and there is no list anymore. Seriously...never before I've been so impressed by guitar amp models. I now got the original five + Duality 2ch, OgreTuber, Plexi, FB100, Bassmensch, Vocal 30TB, Solid 100 and the Psycho C. They're all amazing and all have their unique abilities. Ever used a Tele with the Solid 100? Can play some f*cked up chords and it keeps its sh*t together...

The only thing I am missing now is some icecold dead ultraclean sound. But I never got it out of a "real" amp anyway but with a Vetta II.

Thanks!!! 8)

For the ice cold ultra clean thing, I achieved it using the Vocal30TB model with no cabinet. Add some nice delay, and it sounds like one of those expensive rack units where all the djent kids use the same clean preset...
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Vasya Mishchenko wrote:Oh, yes, Serpent, Psychos (C especially), FB100, and one of those Marshall sims (I think it's either Jose or Soldano mod) do the job pretty well for me when it's about crunch to higain. Finally sat down to try the sims. Fantastic job, Shane. My congratulations. btw as we're heading towards the next release in December/January, isn't it time to reveal the models? Just thinking aloud. Cheers, guys.

We're not far away from the big announcement. :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
GrabtharsHammer
KVRist

202 posts since 7 Apr, 2016, from Bünde, Germany

Postby GrabtharsHammer; Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

BIG announcement?

:pray: HM-2 :pray:
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:50 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

GrabtharsHammer wrote:BIG announcement?

:pray: HM-2 :pray:

I wasn't going to say anything just yet, but I am personally pretty excited about this one...

https://soundcloud.com/kazrog/kazrog-llc-stockholm-pedal-emulation-plugin-preview
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
GrabtharsHammer
KVRist

202 posts since 7 Apr, 2016, from Bünde, Germany

Postby GrabtharsHammer; Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:07 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Can't wait to have it in my guitar channel strip. The clip sounds amazing!
DrSense
KVRist

135 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:37 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Kazrog wrote:I wasn't going to say anything just yet, but I am personally pretty excited about this one..

boy oh boy...please tell me there'se also a Fuzz up your sleeve...I know that Fuzz is different in many ways but...Fuzz...

btw: tried your approach to a cold clean sound and the character is quite right but it's difficult to keep it clean...it'll take an afternoon or two of balancing of Input, Gain, Sat, Out Volume...but then it'll be done...thanks for the suggestion...tbh this was the last amp I would have thought of when it comes to "cold"
nezvers
KVRer

18 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Postby nezvers; Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

I doubt that anytime soon will show up amp sim that's better than Thermionic. I'm using it since Recabinet4 and damn I never heard amp sim that sounds like actual Marshall before. Every Thermionic amp have each own represented amp character while other amp sims sounded the same and only difference was tonestacks.
Until recently I felt bummed that no amp sims had ''feel'' I've heard from guys using Axe-FX, but then I tried Thermionic's FB100 and my jaw hit the ground. Tight and that silky sound when do chugging with use of advanced chords (more than powerchords).
I have all of them and damn I love all of them even if I'm not using all.

I've found that Termionic ''feels'' best when using recabinet, but pity that Recabinet sounds damn too dark. I wish there were some IRš with that feel and spectrum of Catharsis IR's
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14172 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:51 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

I'm using Thermionik with 3sigma and Rosen impulses, sounds absolutely great.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:36 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

nezvers wrote:I've found that Termionic ''feels'' best when using recabinet, but pity that Recabinet sounds damn too dark. I wish there were some IRš with that feel and spectrum of Catharsis IR's

Thanks for the feedback! Recabinet (the plugin) doesn't have a sound - it will sound like whatever IRs you load into it. Recabinet (the library) is perhaps a bit on the dark side, but then, so am I. :borg:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Faydit
KVRer

2 posts since 3 Dec, 2016

Postby Faydit; Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:08 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

First of all the Vocal 30 and the Vocal 30 TB.
There are a lot of AC-30 sims on the market, but these are the first ones that also feel, behave like the real thing if you play them, apart from this the sonic differences to other Vox sims on the market are obvious enough.
Next is the Plexi, great for Gibbons or Blackmore stuff. And the Super 1690 for more special tones. For the more modern sounds Serpent and OgreTuber sound really nice. But my favorite remains the Vocal 30, also because it's overdrive sounds and behaves really different to the one from the Vocal 30 TB.

Orange Dual and Dark Terror, Hiwatt, Trainwreck and Dumble or something like this would be nice too in the future, or the original 1958 AC-4 or some other more exotic rarities.

One advantage of Thermionik for me is, that you can activate/deactivate preamps and poweramps, which can result in great combinations, which regularly are not found or possible.

I like running through a Vocal 30 preamp to a full Vocal 30 or Vocal 30 TB amp, or combinig the Vocal 30 preamp with the Plexi poweramp, or the Super 30 preamp with the Vocal 30 poweramp.

But in fact all amps really sound great and vivid!
PreviousNext

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog