Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
DrSense
KVRist

163 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:51 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

As my latest work receives quite positive feedback I thought I let you know about it - and especially what happens there as I stated a few post earlier that I love all the amps: Vocal 30TB, Plexi, FB100, Solid 100, Duality 2ch&3ch, OgreTuber, Psycho C, Bassmensch are all in there. And it's not even a complex piece of music but a simple Christmas Rock ballad commemorating a 30-year old tree that burned down thanks to the laziness of my in-laws...
In case you want to check it out (yep the code is on purpose didn't want to bother you with this huge YT-preview KVR adds automatically):
Code: Select all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lpP8-NjTZ0
Dominus
KVRAF

1949 posts since 15 Sep, 2003, from Land of Crazies, USA

Postby Dominus; Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:05 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Kazrog wrote:
GrabtharsHammer wrote:BIG announcement?

:pray: HM-2 :pray:

I wasn't going to say anything just yet, but I am personally pretty excited about this one...

https://soundcloud.com/kazrog/kazrog-llc-stockholm-pedal-emulation-plugin-preview

GO!
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!
GrabtharsHammer
KVRist

216 posts since 7 Apr, 2016, from Bünde, Germany

Postby GrabtharsHammer; Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Dominus wrote:
Kazrog wrote:
GrabtharsHammer wrote:BIG announcement?

:pray: HM-2 :pray:

I wasn't going to say anything just yet, but I am personally pretty excited about this one...

https://soundcloud.com/kazrog/kazrog-llc-stockholm-pedal-emulation-plugin-preview

GO!

Thermionik spirit diseeeaaaase!!!

Sorry, I just had to... :hihi:
stimresp
KVRian

985 posts since 1 Jul, 2008

Postby stimresp; Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

I only discovered the Thermionik amps yesterday when I went to purchase Recabinet. Took a punt on the Vintage legends pack and have been impressed with the AC30 models and the Bassmench in particular. Still working on clean tones with the Fender Deluxe, and the Chimp is less my thing. But I'll be checking out the others soon no doubt. The quality is evident.
GrabtharsHammer
KVRist

216 posts since 7 Apr, 2016, from Bünde, Germany

Postby GrabtharsHammer; Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:54 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

Lately I keep coming back the good old Marshall JCM 800's sound (=> Thermionik Marshland 800). For high gain guitars it may need a little "hotter" tube screamer settings than its more modern competitors but then it sounds just great. Love, love, love it :-)

Ah, and I can't wait to put the soon to be released Stockholm pedal plugin in front of the 800 for some classic SweDeath.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8717 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:39 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

About to do a symphonic metal project. Which amps do you recommend most for them?
pekbro
KVRian

1059 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:53 pm Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

I like the serpent and psycho models for metal. Iirc.
DrSense
KVRist

163 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:01 am Re: What are Your Favorite Thermionik Amps?

wagtunes wrote:About to do a symphonic metal project. Which amps do you recommend most for them?

With 'symphonic' there are not many frequencies free for guitar and mostly you'll end up with something quite bright but nice chunky palm mutes. Anything with a TubeScreamer in front will do that or as the Thermionik amps got a 'bright' switch: all the metal amps will do.

Personally I'd +1 for the Psycho - but the 'C', the FB100, the updated M4 and the Damage 120. I guess those will sit between orchestra-elements and still be audible while darker ones might be difficult to cut through.
Previous

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog