Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

mac os Sierra compatibility

nixx
KVRist

30 posts since 14 Jan, 2015

Postby nixx; Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 am mac os Sierra compatibility

Hi! Has anybody tried Kazrog plug-ins with mac os Sierra? Is everything running smooth or are there any compatibility concerns? Thanks! :)
Kazrog
KVRian

781 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:18 am Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

So far I've only had time to do cursory tests. The plugins seem fine. The presets installer has been rendered useless. No worries, as I will be writing my own installer in the near future, as off-the-shelf solutions are no longer viable for me on a variety of fronts.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
nixx
KVRist

Postby nixx; Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:11 pm Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

Thanks for the info, Kazrog!
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:54 am Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

There are some issues with the AU version of Thermionik in macOS Sierra. Trying to see if I can get it sorted out for the update next month. In the mean time, use the VST version if you can, or simply don't upgrade to Sierra for a while.

As an aside, I'm really getting sick of Apple breaking things that have been working perfectly for years, for no good reason. It's really strange when every version of Windows from XP to 10 works consistently well with even very old software, yet Apple makes sure that things that were up to current spec 1.5 years ago keep breaking. It's too bad, I really loved OS X during its heyday of the 2000s, and still care about the platform, as it has many advantages over Windows.

:idiot:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
nixx
KVRist

Postby nixx; Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:32 am Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

Darn, I have just updated to Sierra last week :D Haven't tested Thermionik yet. I'm using Mainstage so there's no way around the AU. What kind of issues are there?
chroma
KVRian

766 posts since 10 Jan, 2010

Postby chroma; Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:19 am Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

What kind of AU issues are there?
I've been using them in Live for a few weeks now under sierra on a macbook air, haven't noticed any real issues yet, but haven't had that much time to play.
I had some presets on a windows machine that I copied over, so that wasn't an issue here.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:55 am Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

Depending on your buffer, you may experience audio pops any time you change presets or any other "refresh amp state" type of setting (channel switching or other toggles.) I think I'm pretty close to solving this, but in the mean time, I recommend keeping an instance of KClip with Guard enabled on your master bus, just as a safety precaution.

Also, Apple have completely broken my presets installers (and .pkg format installers in general.) I wish they would stop breaking things, it's a huge time waster for any of us who care enough to develop for their "other" platform besides iOS. ;)

Trying to get this all in order for the January update/expansion. Wish me luck!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
nixx
KVRist

Postby nixx; Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:19 am Re: mac os Sierra compatibility

Thank you for the heads up and your effort, Shane!

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog