Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

KClip 2.0.2 Released

Kazrog
KVRian

767 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:02 pm KClip 2.0.2 Released

Download KClip 2.0.2 installers:

KClip 2.0.2 is a maintenance update to resolve issues from KClip 2.0.1. UPDATE: KClip 2.0.2 has been reclassified as a stable release build. If you downloaded during the public beta period, there is no need to reinstall - the existing 2.0.2 installers have simply been pushed to the live download server.

Issues resolved:
  • No longer crashes WaveLab when changing templates.
  • Waveform display works properly in all versions of WaveLab. By default, KClip will display a two-channel waveform display. If you are working on a mono file in WaveLab, and need to show only one channel, simply click in the metering area below the waveform display to refresh to the current number of channels in the active document.
  • No longer crashes Ableton Live.
  • Offline 256x mode was not properly detecting when Cubase and BitWig Studio came back online after a bounce, resulting in extreme CPU spikes. This has been fixed.

Known issues:
  • The waveform display may cause periodic error messages in some versions of FL Studio. To avoid this, disable the waveform display from the Options tab.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
mcphable
KVRer

5 posts since 18 Oct, 2009, from Florida

Postby mcphable; Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:57 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Public Beta

I just installed from the link (Mac Standard) and loaded it in Ableton and the version name is still showing 2.0.1. Is that supposed to show 2.0.1?
MacBook Pro
Ableton Live 9 Suite & Bitwig Studio
Novation Impulse 61 & Nektar Panorama P6 & APC40
touchAble iPad & iPhone
u-he Zebra2, Satin, Presswerk
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:14 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Public Beta

mcphable wrote:I just installed from the link (Mac Standard) and loaded it in Ableton and the version name is still showing 2.0.1. Is that supposed to show 2.0.1?

It will say 2.0.2 if it's been properly installed. You may need to manually remove 2.0.1 if the installer isn't granted proper permissions by OS X. Apple has effectively broken .pkg format installers, so I am in the process of writing a custom installer from scratch. Sorry about that!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
mcphable
KVRer

5 posts since 18 Oct, 2009, from Florida

Postby mcphable; Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Public Beta

That worked. Real quick: Thank You for not only making the best Clipper currently available, but for also listening to customer feedback and constantly trying to improve on your work!
MacBook Pro
Ableton Live 9 Suite & Bitwig Studio
Novation Impulse 61 & Nektar Panorama P6 & APC40
touchAble iPad & iPhone
u-he Zebra2, Satin, Presswerk
EvilDragon
KVRAF

13843 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:46 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Public Beta

I know I'm probably boring by now, but uninstaller still places itself in 32-bit VST folder even if I'm just installing 64-bit plugin :oops:

Other than that, seems to run fine over here!
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:59 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Public Beta

EvilDragon wrote:I know I'm probably boring by now, but uninstaller still places itself in 32-bit VST folder even if I'm just installing 64-bit plugin :oops:

Other than that, seems to run fine over here!

Sorry about that! These installers will be replaced soon anyway. Really amped about the forthcoming Kazrog installer.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
EvilDragon
KVRAF

13843 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:20 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Public Beta

Eager to see them, then :)
3ee
KVRAF

3475 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:03 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

Something (still) funky with the "Quality" control VS latency!!
This is in FL Studio 12

X1 - no latency (like it should!) but reporting 1 sample latency to the DAW
X8 - 32 samples latency
X16 - 16 samples latency
X32 - 32 samples latency

isn't the latency suppose to go up with oversampling?

only x1 passes the null test, the other ones doesn't seem exactly 32 or 16 samples while trying to null them. (maybe that's from the algo but just reporting in case it's helpful)
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:59 am Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

3ee wrote:Something (still) funky with the "Quality" control VS latency!!
This is in FL Studio 12

X1 - no latency (like it should!) but reporting 1 sample latency to the DAW

Can't believe that bug survived. Well, I can, because I did exactly nothing about it, but I can't believe I forgot - I could have sworn that was on the list. :dog:

3ee wrote:X8 - 32 samples latency
X16 - 16 samples latency
X32 - 32 samples latency

isn't the latency suppose to go up with oversampling?

Not necessarily. It's very challenging to achieve as good of aliasing reduction at 8x as KClip does. This requires a longer filter. In fact, KClip at 8x reduces aliasing more than almost any other clipper at maximum settings - and KClip can obviously reduce even more at 16x and 32x (not to mention 256x offline in the pro version.)

Over time, I plan to provide more user configurability over aliasing reduction vs. latency.

3ee wrote:only x1 passes the null test, the other ones doesn't seem exactly 32 or 16 samples while trying to null them. (maybe that's from the algo but just reporting in case it's helpful)

You're not going to find any oversampling algorithm that passes the null test. That's just how it is. 8)

Thanks for the detailed feedback and bug report!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
3ee
KVRAF

3475 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:06 am Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

cool, thanks for the explanation! :)

and about the null test: I was just trying to see if it matches the reported latency that's all, didn't expect to completely cancel or whatever..
Paulnz
KVRist

149 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:29 am Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

Has the Cakewalk Sonar crash issue been fixed? if not should it be listed in the know issues?
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:27 am Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

Paulnz wrote:Has the Cakewalk Sonar crash issue been fixed? if not should it be listed in the know issues?

Sonar issues appear to have been resolved, but rigorous testing in Sonar was not part of this release. Further evaluation needs to be performed before a definitive statement either way can be made. That said, you should be fine in Sonar now. 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Paulnz
KVRist

149 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:32 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

Kazrog wrote:Sonar issues appear to have been resolved

That's brilliant news - just in time for the special offer on the upgrade too :party:

Hopefully the fix will filter through to Thermionik in the near future
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:02 pm Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

So, crash behavior was reported by a user on GearSlutz when changing presets and modes on Mac Pro Tools 12.5 and higher with KClip 2.0.2. Today, I was able to recreate the behavior on my Mac setup.

At this time, I recommend all Mac Pro Tools 12 users run KClip 2.0.1, which is completely stable on that platform, and feature-identical. Installers are located here. Very sorry about this!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kmsnp
KVRer

1 post since 26 Oct, 2016

Postby Kmsnp; Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am Re: KClip 2.0.2 Released

I try to use demo version Kclip2pro.
It's quite good! I'll buy it.

but I have an anxiety about 256 offline render mode.
I'm using Kclip in Presonus Studio One.and I try that option.
but Rendering time don't change when disable that.
Quality knob only affect rendering time.

I think offline render mode don't work.
Is it cause I use it as demo version? or DAW issue?

If there are some mistakes in English, I'd like to apologize.
Regards.
Next

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog