Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Reacabinet browser FR

Eleventh
KVRist

284 posts since 1 Dec, 2012

Postby Eleventh; Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:14 am Reacabinet browser FR

Testing Reacabinet 5 here, and while browsing through an IR library, I thought it would be handy if I could "promote" the better sounding impulses into a separate list, which I could then again browse through and compare the better ones against one another.

Then I could again promote the best sounding ones to a new list, and by this kind of process of elimination would quickly end up with the most appropriate IR for the tone.

I have way too many IRs. :)

PS. is there an upgrade path for Reacabinet 3 owners?

Cheers
Kazrog
KVRian

816 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:02 am Re: Reacabinet browser FR

Having a favorites list would be incredibly useful, agreed. Added that to the feature request list I've been keeping.

If you have Recabinet 3, you can get 25% off any Recabinet or Thermionik purchase with coupon code F424E40D.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Eleventh
KVRist

Postby Eleventh; Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:26 am Re: Reacabinet browser FR

Thanks for the consideration. Oh, one more thing. I'm not sure if it's been requested already, but would it be possible for Recabinet to run without added latency? It's kind of a deal breaker for me at least. Other IR loaders, like NadIR and ReaVerb seem to be able to do this, so it should be possible?

Thanks in advance
Kazrog
KVRian

816 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:24 am Re: Reacabinet browser FR

I'll add zero latency. In the mean time, though, it only adds 8 samples of latency.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14325 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:24 am Re: Reacabinet browser FR

Which is bummer in Reaper because it rounds latency to ASIO block size :/
nezvers
KVRer

19 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Postby nezvers; Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:13 pm Re: Reacabinet browser FR

I have no problems with reaper since thermionic expanded to own standalone plugs. I'm playing it with 64 sample buffer without problems and can't feel any latency what so ever. I'm pretty picky about latency because it easily throws me off.
If I'm suspecting latency problems I do ''reality check'' - find how to make SUPER fast decay sound on guitar (I'm deadening high E string and pluck it) and compare acoustic sound against processed. It should be an indistinguishable delay.
Eleventh
KVRist

Postby Eleventh; Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:49 pm Re: Reacabinet browser FR

The problem is that the latency stacks up, even with a 64 buffer, which I'm also using when playing. I've got Thermionik, Recabinet, SDRR, maybe some compression like MJUC. That's 256 samples (almost 6ms in 44.1kHz?), which imo can already affect the feel.
jorismak
KVRist

159 posts since 10 Mar, 2014

Postby jorismak; Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:45 am Re: Reacabinet browser FR

If it's about playing (not recording) please remember that Reaper also has an 'input FX' list on the track that affects the input signal that would be recorded on the track. There's no rounding-latency-to-block-size here. 8 samples i 8 samples.
But of course, you 'burn in' all the effects you have directly into the recording. Some people want to change amp-sim tone later in the session, some people (probably used to the 'real recording' world) have no issue with doing a take.. in the end, if you would be recording a mic'd up amp + cab you get the same kind of track :P.

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog