Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Kazrog
KVRian

854 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:08 pm Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

Michael L wrote:In your first post, you did not describe any advantages of a subscription. Do you have any in mind?

The advantage would be getting new plugins free of any additional charge. I've got a lot of new stuff planned for 2018, and the Complete Collection will continue to grow over time.

PS - if anyone here missed it, I started a new user survey on this very topic. The results have been interesting so far - keep in mind, that no matter what happens, I will always support permanent licenses. Also, I will never use iLok or Gobbler. 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Michael L
KVRAF

1647 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 pm Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

^^^Oh, good. Perhaps one subscription for sims, and one for your other new tools?
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:05 pm Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

Michael L wrote:^^^Oh, good. Perhaps one subscription for sims, and one for your other new tools?

It's being considered. This is all still up in the air, but I do think that it's something that could be particularly cool for guitarists if done right.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
morelia
KVRAF

4185 posts since 15 May, 2002, from Brisbane , Australia

Postby morelia; Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:07 pm Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

I do have one more thing to say on this. Please don't forget your license buying customers like Slate did.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 12gb, Windows 7 (64), Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
pekbro
KVRian

982 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 pm Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

I'd like to subscribe to that Ran Crusher 7 you got there in that video... :o
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:20 pm Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

morelia wrote:I do have one more thing to say on this. Please don't forget your license buying customers like Slate did.

One of the reasons I've waited this long to make any kind of decision, and to get feedback from my user base, is to make sure I don't repeat anyone else's mistakes, or do something that fundamentally alienates anyone.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 am Re: Subscription plans for audio plugins - what do you think?

Subscriptions weren't a very popular idea in my survey. I don't anticipate anything will change going forward, and there are many aspects of the subscription model that personally make me feel a bit squeamish.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Previous

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog