Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
musicalwarmth812
KVRist

93 posts since 13 May, 2011

Postby musicalwarmth812; Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:20 pm Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

EvilDragon wrote:Noise gates still don't remove the noise completely. They are just removing the noise while you're not playing anything, or get below a certain threshold. The noise is still there DURING a note, and when the note decays sufficiently, of course you're going to hear it, there's no noise gate in the world that can remedy that. I see no huge reason that this needs to be implemented in the amp itself, really. There are no real benefits to that from what I can see (ok IRL you get one pedal less to carry around, but that's not the problem here). But, as a part of a virtual rack, it can sure be a separate effect available, no question about it.

Haha - why ED, thanks for that Introduction to Noise Gates 101. Listen dude, I've been playing through real amps, noise gates/noise reduction pedals for over 20 years, so I kind of have a good handle on all things guitars, amps, etc. - including noise gates. In addition, noise reduction is NOT a gate, so get a handle on that one first.

Hey, I never said it needs to be implemented into the amplifier, but Shane's philosophy does seem to be extending the usability of the amplifiers themselves. Each amplifier is it's own plugin. So, a bright switch seems like a good idea, but not a gate or noise reduction? Don't want to use the bright switch? Bam, don't engage the switch. Don't want to use the noise gate? Bam, don't engage it. The obvious benefit to having a noise gate/reduction integrated to the amplifier? You can't be serious. Anyhow, Shane has already said he is working as a gate as it's own plugin, so it's a done deal.

andy4trance wrote:That noise is part of the tone as it should be, removing it will make the sim not so much of a sim.

No. The noise is a byproduct of the tone, if you want to look at it like that. Real guitar players use real noise reduction and real noise gates every day, and guess what, they still have awesome tone. I've never heard a guitar player say "You know, I wish this amp had more noise." Now, if you are referring to a noise gate altering your signal, and not liking what it does to your tone, that is an entirely different matter. Don't use a gate if you don't like them. I don't think Joe Satriani was sitting around thinking, "you know, if I integrate this noise gate right in my amplifier it will not be so much of an amp."

Kazrog wrote:Guys, relax, I'm working on a noise gate, as its own plugin. I've also been considering the Kazrog Rack idea more heavily now, because I find that when I'm developing my own sounds, I wish I had it. It's starting to feel like the right thing to do.

As for the expanded gain range of amp models in Thermionik - this is simply something that is inherent to working in the digital domain. The amp models are intended as 1:1 recreations, but you have a wider range of gain in front of them because of the way that digital gain control inherently works - it's like having the world's ultimate, perfectly clean volume pedal / booster in front of each amp, so you can go cleaner and more distorted than normal. That's all. To have it not be that way, I would have to impose intentional restrictions that (in many situations) may even impede people's ability to get the sounds they expect from a given amp model, because of the wide variety of interfaces and DIs out there. The best thing to do, IMO, is put the user in control of this. It certainly does open up the palette of available tones, and it's something that I personally enjoy a lot as a player.

Well, in the end, a gate as it's own plugin. Either way, it will work, and also good news about the Rack. In the meantime, Merry Christmas to all of you.
andy4trance
KVRist

118 posts since 11 Oct, 2012

Postby andy4trance; Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:54 pm Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

Funny this feature request thread seems to have a debate, but acually is just arguing with no different oponions. Itself would need a noise gate. :p

Merry Christmas!
Vasya Mishchenko
KVRist

71 posts since 1 Aug, 2014

Postby Vasya Mishchenko; Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:19 am Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

andy4trance wrote:... Itself would need a noise gate. :p

Merry Christmas!

Lol, man, this made my day. Merry Christmas!
pelaomedinaese
KVRer

2 posts since 29 Dec, 2016

Postby pelaomedinaese; Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:08 pm Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

if kazrog releases a rack, i wish that they continue with the same minimalist interface, it's very helpfull for the cpu. Don't fall in the same error as bias please. Happy new year
Kazrog
KVRian

871 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:40 pm Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

I'm continuing the minimalist direction with the UI. The only change that will come over time is better support for a multitude of screen resolutions.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
andy4trance
KVRist

118 posts since 11 Oct, 2012

Postby andy4trance; Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:30 pm Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

At least if you would use different shades of gray for the different amps. Add to that 4-5 knob designs and we 're set. ;)
pelaomedinaese
KVRer

2 posts since 29 Dec, 2016

Postby pelaomedinaese; Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:41 pm Re: Kazrog Rack and other wishes

Kazrog wrote:I'm continuing the minimalist direction with the UI. The only change that will come over time is better support for a multitude of screen resolutions.
i have to say that every day that pass, thermionik surprise me more and more, you're a genius man happy new year, best wishes for this year.
Previous

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog