Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Amp models wishes

lowolf92
KVRer

8 posts since 31 Dec, 2016

Postby lowolf92; Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:37 am Amp models wishes

Hi everyone, i just bought recabinet 5 and a bunch thermionik 5 amps after i tried the demo (it's been hard to chose just a few of them :hihi: ). The quality is truly amazing, i feel to say thank you Shane for your effort and work to bring to the table something that is really made with passion and attention to detail, just thank you :) i could go on but that is not the reason why i'm writing this :lol:

That said, is there any plan to add some Orange amps like the tiny/dark terror and some other Engl like the fireball and/or the powerball ii? I'd really like to have those amps with the realism of thermionik 5 and to add those type of sounds to my sonic palette :)

What other amp would you like to see in the future of thermionik?
Admiral_Bongo
KVRer

3 posts since 17 Oct, 2016

Postby Admiral_Bongo; Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:24 am Re: Amp models wishes

A bunch of good high gain solid state heads like Ampeg VH-140C (this one I'd buy without a second thought), Crate GX-130C, GTX3500H, Sunn Beta Lead and Concert Lead, various Randalls RG and RH series, second gen Warhead. Aaaaaand Ola Englund's Randall Satan. And suddenly a pedal — Amptweaker Tightmetal Pro, real one is pretty damn expensive.
Dominus
KVRAF

1949 posts since 15 Sep, 2003, from Land of Crazies, USA

Postby Dominus; Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:55 am Re: Amp models wishes

Admiral_Bongo wrote:A bunch of good high gain solid state heads like Ampeg VH-140C (this one I'd buy without a second thought), Crate GX-130C, GTX3500H, Sunn Beta Lead and Concert Lead, various Randalls RG and RH series, second gen Warhead. Aaaaaand Ola Englund's Randall Satan. And suddenly a pedal — Amptweaker Tightmetal Pro, real one is pretty damn expensive.

Solid state amps definitely are few and far between for emulations. Softamp did the FlexTron in the previous DC which is based on three Crate Solid state amps, I still use it. It's pretty close to the GX-130C.

(That said, I can loan a GX-130C and a Randall RG75 if necessary. :D)
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!
lowolf92
KVRer

Postby lowolf92; Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 am Re: Amp models wishes

+1 for the Randall Satan :)
Admiral_Bongo
KVRer

3 posts since 17 Oct, 2016

Postby Admiral_Bongo; Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:35 am Re: Amp models wishes

Dominus wrote:
Admiral_Bongo wrote:A bunch of good high gain solid state heads like Ampeg VH-140C (this one I'd buy without a second thought), Crate GX-130C, GTX3500H, Sunn Beta Lead and Concert Lead, various Randalls RG and RH series, second gen Warhead. Aaaaaand Ola Englund's Randall Satan. And suddenly a pedal — Amptweaker Tightmetal Pro, real one is pretty damn expensive.

Solid state amps definitely are few and far between for emulations. Softamp did the FlexTron in the previous DC which is based on three Crate Solid state amps, I still use it. It's pretty close to the GX-130C.

(That said, I can loan a GX-130C and a Randall RG75 if necessary. :D)

I tried Flextron, but to me it sounded not gainy enough. Wish I could buy or loan a used GX-130C. Sadly, Crate had only started exporting amps to Russia in the early 00s and to find just any Crate amp here is nearly impossible. I actually found one leftover new unused GX-130C in an online shop sitting in their warehouse, but it costs around $600 there.
DrSense
KVRist

161 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:19 pm Re: Amp models wishes

Oh, another wishlist-thread...

I'd still love to see a Marshall 6100...and a Hughes & Kettner (preferably a Statesman EL34 Head or Tubemeister/Grandmeister). A lot of people don't like the H&K sound - I do. And a really sparkly clean clean sound.

But apart from that I'd still really like to see (hear) a Kazrog amp. Just something Shane comes up with - even if I don't like it. But it would be something unique to emphasize Thermionik's superiority.
xphen0m
KVRian

725 posts since 27 Jan, 2008

Postby xphen0m; Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 pm Re: Amp models wishes

DrSense wrote:But apart from that I'd still really like to see (hear) a Kazrog amp. Just something Shane comes up with - even if I don't like it. But it would be something unique to emphasize Thermionik's superiority.

I was thinking this very same thing. A custom Kazrog amp could be really good and I'm sure that Shane would cook up something great.

Looking forward to the new amp/pedal models in the coming month!
lowolf92
KVRer

Postby lowolf92; Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:23 am Re: Amp models wishes

DrSense wrote:...and a Hughes & Kettner (preferably a Statesman EL34 Head or Tubemeister/Grandmeister). A lot of people don't like the H&K sound - I do. And a really sparkly clean clean sound.

But apart from that I'd still really like to see (hear) a Kazrog amp. Just something Shane comes up with - even if I don't like it. But it would be something unique to emphasize Thermionik's superiority.

Some Hughes And Kettner would be definitely a nice addition, also digging the original amp idea.
DrSense
KVRist

161 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:57 am Re: Amp models wishes

While we're at it - although it'll have to wait until the release of '18 or sth. like that: the new Mesa Triple Crown. This thing is definitely something you should look at.
Kazrog
KVRian

853 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:44 am Re: Amp models wishes

Some great suggestions here. I think you guys will be really happy with the new models coming later this month, I've emulated some really sought after (and often expensive) stuff this time.

PS - I actually have started working on an original amp model, which will come out later this year. When I first started doing this, I wouldn't have had any ideas for an original amp, but after emulating tons of amps, I've developed some opinions and observations about some of the advantages of working in the digital domain, which would be near impossible (incredibly expensive and impractical at the very least) to do in the analog domain, but aren't terribly difficult as software.

Of course, I still want it to be something that is recognizable as a guitar sound - after all, the electric guitar is a "found sound," and if we change it too much, it's no longer really a guitar, it's more like using the guitar as a controller or initial tone generator (not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just a different priority.) I'm predominantly interested in finding newer, better, and faster ways of getting the types of familiar guitar tones most of us go for.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
StateOE
KVRer

25 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby StateOE; Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:13 pm Re: Amp models wishes

Kazrog wrote:I've developed some opinions and observations about some of the advantages of working in the digital domain, which would be near impossible (incredibly expensive and impractical at the very least) to do in the analog domain, but aren't terribly difficult as software.

This is really damn exciting; I'm very interested to see where your ideas lead in this area. Beyond reaping the fruits of your labor as I find myself ever more expressive on my instrument, it's just fascinating to see where you go, making ever more accessible the ideal of inspiring tone, no matter who you are as a guitarist. May your inquisitive journey bring you as much reward as it brings your users. All the Best.
lowolf92
KVRer

Postby lowolf92; Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:43 am Re: Amp models wishes

Kazrog wrote:Some great suggestions here. I think you guys will be really happy with the new models coming later this month, I've emulated some really sought after (and often expensive) stuff this time.

PS - I actually have started working on an original amp model, which will come out later this year. When I first started doing this, I wouldn't have had any ideas for an original amp, but after emulating tons of amps, I've developed some opinions and observations about some of the advantages of working in the digital domain, which would be near impossible (incredibly expensive and impractical at the very least) to do in the analog domain, but aren't terribly difficult as software.

Of course, I still want it to be something that is recognizable as a guitar sound - after all, the electric guitar is a "found sound," and if we change it too much, it's no longer really a guitar, it's more like using the guitar as a controller or initial tone generator (not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just a different priority.) I'm predominantly interested in finding newer, better, and faster ways of getting the types of familiar guitar tones most of us go for.

Awesome news :party:

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog