Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Kazrog
KVRian

843 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

GrabtharsHammer wrote:However, I still would like to know where the extended range begins and where it ends... ;-

I'm reticent to say this, because of the many factors involved in digital recording, but think of this as a general guide...

On most models, the range of gain from the real amps/pedals will be from approximately 1.0 to 7.0 on any Kazrog guitar plugin's Gain control.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
GrabtharsHammer
KVRist

190 posts since 7 Apr, 2016, from Bünde, Germany

Postby GrabtharsHammer; Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Thank you! :-)
samzilla28
KVRer

13 posts since 16 Sep, 2015

Postby samzilla28; Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

would love to know when the new amp sims are available for individual purchase
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

samzilla28 wrote:would love to know when the new amp sims are available for individual purchase

Right now! :party:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
samzilla28
KVRer

13 posts since 16 Sep, 2015

Postby samzilla28; Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:04 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Kazrog wrote:
samzilla28 wrote:would love to know when the new amp sims are available for individual purchase

Right now! :party:

:hyper:
cprompt
KVRian

550 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Really liking the TS emulation a lot - it has a bite, a very aggressive attack, that other TS emulations seem to lack.
jorismak
KVRist

159 posts since 10 Mar, 2014

Postby jorismak; Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:26 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Burillo wrote:doesn't gain knob essentially act like an input volume knob? i remember someone explaining to me that amp's "gain" is basically a pot that's leaking more or less signal to the ground, so "more gain" is equivalent to hotter input signal.

They are not exactly the same, but if you want to (over)simplify things, then yes, you could say something like that.

Pushing the input level will create more gain, but that doesn't mean that exactly the same is happening.

Most simple example: An amp could be changing it's EQ slightly depending on where the gain is set. For example, if you raise the gain knob, the amp 'automatically' cuts of some bass on the input.
If you raise the input level that EQ change will not happen, because the gain knob is not touched.

It all depends what the amp is exactly doing when you turn the gain knob, how the gain stages are done, etc.. Slamming the input hotter or not can have a _similar_ effect, but that doesn't mean the same is happening.

The input level can be thought of as a perfectly clear pure boost pedal in front of an amp, making the signal you're feeding into the amp louder or not.

So you get the always-not-wanted-but-true answer: 'it depends'. But generally: Similar yes, the same? Probably not.
omlettor
KVRer

20 posts since 11 Nov, 2012

Postby omlettor; Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:56 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

not wanting to create a new thread just for this:

would love to be able to use my mouse buttons 4+5 to navigate folders in Recabinet 5, for faster IR browsing. You know like in Windows Explorer or Internet Browsers, to jump back and forth between last and next folder/page.

Also would love to see folder shortcuts inside the browser. I like to organize my IRs by Cabinet Name. Now, often IRs are distributed in packs, with different Cabs being combined into one pack. For the packs I sometimes like to keep them inside their pack folder, to have related IRs together, but still be able to link to the cabs inside using a per cab organization theme like above. Hope it'´s clear what I mean. Currently Recabinet 5 doesn't really make this usable, because folder shortcuts are hidden.
DrSense
KVRist

154 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:47 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

So I was able to render the tracks before the 14 days were over...there are 3 Plexis, 3 Diezel Silver (one almost clean on the chords, 2 Recto 2ch and the Lead is the RAM in front of an OgreTuber. Definitely going to get the Fueled Silver and the Ramfuzz...

Sooo...there's no way I can just post the link anymore? I didn't want to link drop...so: it's a full song...the first guitars you'll hear (hard L and R) are a Plexi and the Fueled Silver, then the rest joins in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5WnDsb9gZU
Christian_D
KVRist

31 posts since 5 Aug, 2015

Postby Christian_D; Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Kazrog hey man, not sure if it's intended but the complete bundle (audio units OS X 10.11.6) overwrites kclip2 standard with kclip2 pro. Also had to delete all component files as others have mentioned to get them to update. I have a back up so that's cool plus I plan on upgrading to kclip2 pro at some point anyway. Just wanted to let you know.

By the way the diesels sound gnarly as hell thanks man have a good one.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:29 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Christian_D wrote:Kazrog hey man, not sure if it's intended but the complete bundle (audio units OS X 10.11.6) overwrites kclip2 standard with kclip2 pro.

This is intended - the Complete bundle includes KClip 2 Pro. There is a separate installer for KClip 2 Standard.

Christian_D wrote:Also had to delete all component files as others have mentioned to get them to update.

I've been having a hell of a time with Apple's .pkg installer format lately. They've abandoned it since the launch of the Mac App Store (where you can't sell plugins - so basically we plugin developers don't exist in the eyes of Apple), and there's seemingly no way to give .pkg installers proper overwrite permissions in any remotely recent version of OS X, even with an admin password. I'll be implementing a workaround when the Complete Collection 1.0.1 installer goes live next month - but it's extremely tedious, and it's not something that should be necessary. Every plugin developer that gets this working correctly has to be working around the same Apple bug as well, so I need to get with the program...

:borg:

Christian_D wrote:I have a back up so that's cool plus I plan on upgrading to kclip2 pro at some point anyway. Just wanted to let you know.

I greatly appreciate that, as well as you being so understanding about this.

Christian_D wrote:By the way the diesels sound gnarly as hell thanks man have a good one.

Thanks! They're my new favorite amp models for metal. I didn't think anything would eclipse Serpent for me, but these have.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Christian_D
KVRist

31 posts since 5 Aug, 2015

Postby Christian_D; Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:20 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Thanks for the detailed response.

In my account only seeing installers for KClip 1.0.2. I've got a backed up installer for KClip2 2.0.2 standard, but no longer resides in my account for some reason.

Yes apple and their super annoying annoyingness at times for the user can't imagine the stuff you're doing entails.
I would be more than okay with just a folder of all the component files and folder for the presets, bypassing the installers altogether.
Paulnz
KVRist

171 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:42 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Hi Shane,

A little bit off topic here; we're into the final year of the 3 year VIP deal I think (I'm not sure when it actually officially began)

Do you have an idea as to how many more releases you're hoping to get out in the remaining time or a rough road map of what we might have to look forward to?

I realise the move to include effects in the scope of things has changed the original plan.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Paulnz wrote:Hi Shane,

A little bit off topic here; we're into the final year of the 3 year VIP deal I think (I'm not sure when it actually officially began)

Do you have an idea as to how many more releases you're hoping to get out in the remaining time or a rough road map of what we might have to look forward to?

I realise the move to include effects in the scope of things has changed the original plan.

Good question. The VIP plan ends this December. I'm going to try to get some more guitar focused plugins out between now and then. Some interesting stuff is in the works that I can't discuss right now. :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:55 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Good news - those of you who have been waiting for a fix to the "M" series Thermionik amp tone stack placement, you won't be waiting much longer. It's been fixed in tonight's beta, and will be going live with Kazrog Complete Collection 1.0.1 and ValvEQ, along with other fixes and enhancements across the range of plugins. :)

I've gotta say, these models sound MUCH better now. I'll be revising and expanding the presets accordingly.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
PreviousNext

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog