Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
nixx
KVRist

30 posts since 14 Jan, 2015

Postby nixx; Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Kazrog wrote:Good news - those of you who have been waiting for a fix to the "M" series Thermionik amp tone stack placement, you won't be waiting much longer.
I've gotta say, these models sound MUCH better now ...

Now that's some great news! :tu:
Burillo
KVRAF

2519 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:58 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Kazrog wrote:Good question. The VIP plan ends this December. I'm going to try to get some more guitar focused plugins out between now and then. Some interesting stuff is in the works that I can't discuss right now. :phones:

i remember you basically saying that the VIP thing is null and void in that it now has no time limit, but all VIP users will receive all plugins originally planned for release during the VIP period, no? i can't find the exact quote so maybe it was my imagination...
From Russia with love
Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Burillo wrote:
Kazrog wrote:Good question. The VIP plan ends this December. I'm going to try to get some more guitar focused plugins out between now and then. Some interesting stuff is in the works that I can't discuss right now. :phones:

i remember you basically saying that the VIP thing is null and void in that it now has no time limit, but all VIP users will receive all plugins originally planned for release during the VIP period, no? i can't find the exact quote so maybe it was my imagination...

What I said was that the VIP period was reset for everyone to start January 4, 2015, therefore it ends January 4, 2018. This makes it simple and ensures everyone gets the same rewards for backing the Thermionik 5 project.

My original plan was to release 10-15 amp models per year for 3 years. I then expanded the concept to also include some FX, but for the primary focus to stay on amps (and distortion in general.) To date, I've released 30 amp models and 5 pedal models, so we're almost at the end of what that crowdfunding campaign helped to fund. I will be releasing some more guitar plugins this year (some amps, some other things), and my hope is that everyone continues to be happy with what they're getting.

I know that personally, I've never worked harder at anything in my life than the Kazrog guitar plugin lineup. It's incredibly time consuming to build each plugin up to the standard that's been set thus far, and many of these plugins are not (on their own) very profitable whatsoever. This is a labor of love, and a tribute to all of you who believed enough in me to support me during what was a very difficult business transition. You guys helped me take this endeavor to the next level, and there's a lot of great stuff in the future.

Even after the VIP period ends, I'm not going to forget you guys. Cheers! :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Burillo
KVRAF

Postby Burillo; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:19 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

oh no, i didn't mean to imply we're not getting our money's worth or that you're lazy :) i just remembered something i read in passing in an obscure thread an unknown amount of time ago, and thought i'd clarify.
From Russia with love
Eleventh
KVRist

279 posts since 1 Dec, 2012

Postby Eleventh; Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:53 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Excited to hear the fixed Mesas! Cheers!
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:30 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Burillo wrote:oh no, i didn't mean to imply we're not getting our money's worth or that you're lazy :) i just remembered something i read in passing in an obscure thread an unknown amount of time ago, and thought i'd clarify.

I didn't think you meant that, no worries!

I appreciate the question, actually, as it gave me a chance to re-clarify what exactly the plan is, in case anyone else was wondering. Thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
StateOE
KVRer

20 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby StateOE; Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm Mesa Marks

Goddamnit. The Marks, all three are the best thing ever. Talk about 100% useable versatility. Again, I'm floored. My compliments to the chef. It's funny what a difference a tweak like that can make. For me, the IIC+ feels like a goddamn work of art. Man, this is the kind of stuff to which I wish I had access growing up around amps! I'm just grateful to have access now. Complete and total awesomenity.
manicompression
KVRer

16 posts since 10 Jan, 2015

Postby manicompression; Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:19 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Just wanted to drop in and give some kudos. I just upgraded to K Clip pro. It's really such a useful plugin and the new modes sound great. Fantastic price for the upgrade too.

I've also finally gotten back into the swing of doing some recordings and have had time to explore the long awaited update to Thermionic. Really nice work! The BE100 model responds quite similarly to my JJ-100. I think the thing that impresses me the most is how good and different the response and feel of these sims are model to model.

I do sort of miss the convenience of having the IR loader attached but I can see the advantage the way things are now.

Im sure you probably answered this elsewhere but is the Poweramp section just baked into the preamp now or is it baked into Recab 5? I guess Im curious what the chain is supposed to look like.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14171 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:02 am Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Power amp is baked into the ampsims now. You can disable it in Options tab.
Burillo
KVRAF

Postby Burillo; Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:27 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

it seems that the v1.0.1 installer doesn't have KClip 2 Standard, only Pro? Or are they the same plugin, just different modes? If so, how do i switch the "Pro" to "Standard"?
From Russia with love
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:07 pm Re: Kazrog announces new products, bundles

Burillo wrote:it seems that the v1.0.1 installer doesn't have KClip 2 Standard, only Pro? Or are they the same plugin, just different modes? If so, how do i switch the "Pro" to "Standard"?

This is a stupid situation right now - they are separate plugins. You'll need to overwrite Pro with Standard. I've also lagged on getting the Standard installer up to date with the latest fixes. I'm still trying to figure out a better path forward for my installers - I'm very unhappy with the present state of things.

Sorry about that!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Previous

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog