Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Liero
KVRian

803 posts since 6 Mar, 2004

Postby Liero; Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

There's a rampant bug in Kazrog plugins that prevents DAW's proper access to most of the guitar plugins preamp gain knob. All other knobs work ok, but automating the knob in question, or attaching macro controllers in DAW's like Ableton Live, Bitwig and others has no effect on the actual sound - meaning that the knob seems to get automated but actually the sound doesn't change at all...

When can we expect a fix? I've been a demo user for a long time and I'm sorry to say that I'm not going to buy any products until I see this patched.

I reported this bug over 6 months ago, when a fix was said to come soon - that was when the new pedal products didn't even exist yet, that still have the same bug...

Love the sound on Kazrog stuff but this is unfortunate. :(
Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:51 am Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

This is going to be a harder one to fix than originally thought. In the mean time - just automate the input trim knob - it has the exact same effect on the sound.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Liero
KVRian

Postby Liero; Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:04 am Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

Thanks for the information.

For example in the case of the pedal plugins, should I just set and forget the gain knob value to the default (5), then?
Liero
KVRian

Postby Liero; Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:11 am Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

It seems like the input trim knob on for example the Vintage Driver plugin is not automatable at all. The reason: The parameter does not appear in the VST parameter list. Mysteriously enough a lot of non-working EQ-related parameters are on the list that don't affect anything.

For people like Ableton Live and Bitwig users who routinely take a look at a plugins VST parameter list for modulation, this is kinda messy...
Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:19 pm Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

The input trim parameter is in the parameter list in all Kazrog plugins. Sorry for the extra params in the list - I'll make sure that's cleaned up in the pedals soon.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Liero
KVRian

Postby Liero; Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 pm Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

Sorry yes, it was named Amp_trim - it's there.

Another weird thing worth mentioning perhaps is, that in Bitwig at least there's a basic feature where in the lower device panel where you have your plugin VST parameter list there's a top line that changes to always show the last parameter you've touched on that specific plugins GUI. This is made so that whatever parameter you want to access in the list is easily found by just touching the corresponding thing in the plugin GUI.

So far every plugin has worked with this feature, meaning that the last touched parameter has appeared on the top row, but for some reason this does not work with Kazrog plugins - the top row remains static even if you use the GUI.

Anyway, I'm continuing to love the sound of all your guitar stuff - great work.
StateOE
KVRer

20 posts since 1 May, 2010

Postby StateOE; Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:35 pm Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

I'm having trouble understanding how they are the same in Thermionik. Using real world gain structures by way of comparison, is there not a sonic difference in adjusting input gain to adjusting the same amount of preamp gain? Am I misunderstanding how gain actually works in this regard, or perhaps is this a case in which the digital domain, freeing one from physical concerns, allows for a more pure application of amplifier design concepts?

If I think of the Input Trim knob's real world equivalent as perhaps a DI going into a console, I feel as though an adjustment of console gain would have its own sonic effect that would be different from an equivalent adjustment to any gain knob. Thanks for any clarification anyone can add to my understanding here.

All the Best.
Liero
KVRian

Postby Liero; Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 pm Re: Gain Knob automation bug repeated in new pedals?

I'm not sure either.

There is at least the difference in the plugin that setting the gain knob to zero completely mutes audio, whereas the trim knob does not...

This feels like such a weird bug too, I kinda don't understand how fixing can be so difficult, but I'm not a coder so... :D

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog