Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

Kazrog
KVRian

793 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:59 pm Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

So, I'm working on a vastly improved, cross-platform modular installer that will allow you to download and install only the plugins you want. It's going to be a while before it's ready, but it should save everyone a lot of headaches. This is my front burner project at the moment.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know. :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

1773 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:40 am Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

I just bought ValvEQ and my anticipation turned to disappointment when I saw that the installer wanted to shove half a GIGABYTE of demo plugins up my harddrive's ass. I cancelled the install in digust.

I was considering requesting some kind of refund through support, but thought I would check here first.

Lo and behold I see your message about this subject! :) I don't mind large multi-installers, but you must be able to choose which of the individual plugins you want to install.

So... I don't want a refund now - I will wait...
My electronic project here
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:40 am Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

Thanks for your order, and sorry for the inconvenience!

For now, you can just remove the plugins you don't need. If you're using VST format like most people, they're all conveniently located in the Kazrog LLC subfolder of your plugins directory.

Chalk all this up to growing pains of a small company - this is a one man operation. Making a better installer has required me to invest a substantial amount of both time and money, FWIW.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

Postby MogwaiBoy; Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 am Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

So I can install everything and then just remove the DLLs of the things I don't want? Will that throw off the uninstaller if I ever use it in future? Will there be any extra stuff in the Windows registry that I'll have to clean out?

I am tempted to upgrade Kclip 2 to Pro, by the way. I see it has its own individual installer, phew!

And 1st world problems on my part... keep up the great work :)
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14172 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

Yeah you can just remove stuff, it won't throw the uninstaller off.

AFAIK Kazrog plugins aren't using registry.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:10 pm Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

EvilDragon wrote:Yeah you can just remove stuff, it won't throw the uninstaller off.

AFAIK Kazrog plugins aren't using registry.

True, the plugins themselves don't use the registry. My installer uses the registry to remember your VST path on subsequent installs of updates, but that's it.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

Postby MogwaiBoy; Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:56 pm Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

Cool - thanks. I will proceed with the install and get ValvEQ up and running. I mentioned the sale in the Buy & Sell sale thread by the way. Goodluck with everything :)
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:51 pm Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

It's coming along nicely. The initial work to create this is immense, but it will make life easier for me and for you guys in the long run.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

Postby MogwaiBoy; Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 pm Re: Kazrog Modular Installer - In Progress

No problem! I upgraded KClip 2 to Pro aswell in the meantime. There seemed to be a conflict so I uninstalled Kclip 2.. guess you don't need both installed at the same time :)

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog