Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Effects

Sleep
KVRer

2 posts since 29 Apr, 2017

Postby Sleep; Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:07 am Effects

Hi,

i just wanted to know how do you use effects (delay, reverb, chorus, you name it...) with Thermionik when recording? (In my case with Reaper)

I tried out creating a (or two) effect send pre Thermionik (like a "real amp" i think) but the level matching, all the automation is crazy with 2-4 guitar tracks...
And i tried it out directly before and after Thermionik (or after the cab sim) but still im not really satisfied (especially with my delay sounds).

Do you have any ideas? Maybe "reamping" the effects afterwards? Maybe i'm using the wrong Vsts (mostly by Soundtoys)?
I also thought about splitting the signal and getting a multieffect like the Line6 M5 or Zoom G3 but i doubt this will make any sense :)

Any help is much appreciated!
Kazrog
KVRian

844 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:20 am Re: Effects

I recommend running delays in post, on aux tracks, set 100% wet so that you can blend them to taste. For modulation effects, I'd run them per channel and in whatever place feels right for the tone. For example, classic Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, and Dimebag Darrell tones all featured modulation before amp, but for more typical modern sounds, you can run it between the amp and cabinet or even post-cabinet.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
scotttenorman
KVRer

3 posts since 19 Jan, 2017

Postby scotttenorman; Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 am Re: Effects

I'm curious what you guys are using for effects with thermionik. Currently using amplitube stuff but not impressed how it sounds with it.
Sleep
KVRer

2 posts since 29 Apr, 2017

Postby Sleep; Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 am Re: Effects

Thanks for the tipps! I would be curious what kind of effects and how (especially delays) you're using, too

Mostly i use effects by SoundToys (for basically everything), Valhalla Shimmer, Valhalla Vintage and iZotope ddly (which was free some time ago, but its not really working out for me)

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog