Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Boone777
KVRist

394 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Tue May 02, 2017 9:30 am Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Especially whenI try moving the plugins around in the chainer it crashes everytime. It makes first P&M crash but It will crash Reaper or I'll have to close Reaper also because the mouse wont stop spinning...All other plugins so far ok. Have not check them all yet but Melda, Waves, Plugin Alliance, Air Windows no problem.

Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper, Steinberg MR816x
Burillo
KVRAF

2561 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Tue May 02, 2017 11:48 am Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

yep, reported this a while back.
From Russia with love
Kazrog
KVRian

815 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue May 02, 2017 11:50 am Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

If you're using Kazrog plugins with Sonar, you're going to have a bad time. There's no timeline for a fix, either.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I am perfectly happy to give a full refund to Sonar users.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Boone777
KVRist

Postby Boone777; Tue May 02, 2017 12:36 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

I'm using Reaper it's all in my signature.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14308 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue May 02, 2017 12:59 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Yeah that's a Reaper screenshot... :)
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue May 02, 2017 1:55 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

My bad, tons of stuff going on today. Looked like Sonar and I swear I read "Sonar" earlier. :dog:

Haven't tried Chainer before. Will look into it...

PS - issues like this are typically the result of the plugin not being informed by the host upon (re)instantiation about the number of input channels. I've not found a fix for that type of issue that I'm happy with.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Boone777
KVRist

Postby Boone777; Tue May 02, 2017 2:31 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Well since all other plugins are working fine is it safe to say it has something to do with Kazrog plugins ?
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Boone777 wrote:Well since all other plugins are working fine is it safe to say it has something to do with Kazrog plugins ?

Most likely, but that kind of logic can work in both directions. Ultimately, all we can do as an industry is try to ensure that our stuff is compatible with as much other stuff out there as possible. Most of the time, it's no big deal, but sometimes, it's far easier said than done.

I'm downloading Chainer as we speak. It's a surprisingly massive download, and a slow server as well...
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Boone777
KVRist

Postby Boone777; Tue May 02, 2017 2:59 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Yeah they are not optimized for speed in downloading, installing, scanning and size...to me they are little fun toys nothing too serious, but I'm having load of fun playing around with those easy-peasy plugins and some of them sound suprisingly cool. Got the pack for cheap.
Paulnz
KVRist

167 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Kazrog wrote:If you're using Kazrog plugins with Sonar, you're going to have a bad time. There's no timeline for a fix, either.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I am perfectly happy to give a full refund to Sonar users.

Damn, I thought all the Sonar issues were fixed a few months back!

I remember you fixing the problems with recabinet and I thought the fix had worked its way into Thermionik :(

Does that include ValveEQ and Kclip 2 too?
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue May 02, 2017 7:51 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

The Sonar issues seem to affect people differently. It really depends on the way your sessions are set up - for a lot of people, things have been trouble free. It proved to be way too time-consuming to diagnose (even once I could recreate it perfectly), especially since the plugins are working perfectly in all other hosts. It's been easier to simply classify Sonar as not being a host I can support, for the time being - but if you can make it work, great! The demos are permissive enough to let everyone figure this out without making a purchase, at least.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Paulnz
KVRist

167 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Tue May 02, 2017 8:13 pm Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Thanks Shane, I know you spent a lot of frustrating time working on this in the past.

I haven't tried to reproduce the issues myself. I remember there was a post some time ago on this forum detailing the steps involved that crashed Sonar.

When I have a moment I'll try and reproduce it. Hopefully the use of a third-party vst host in Sonar (like Agent CM) will get around any issues.

Is there any technical information on this that we can send to Cakewalk to request a fix? With the monthly update cycle they have fixes are more likely to happen. I see they've just fixed a vst3 crash issue this month.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 am Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

Paulnz wrote:Is there any technical information on this that we can send to Cakewalk to request a fix? With the monthly update cycle they have fixes are more likely to happen. I see they've just fixed a vst3 crash issue this month.

I've been wanting to set aside some time to work directly with their team on this. I'll get to this as soon as possible - it's been an issue for way too long.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed May 03, 2017 8:32 am Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

PS - I was able to recreate the Chainer crash (back on topic.) I'll start debugging this for the next round of updates.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
xphen0m
KVRian

714 posts since 27 Jan, 2008

Postby xphen0m; Wed May 03, 2017 11:52 am Re: Crash with Kazrog plugin in Plug and MIX chainer

On subject of Sonar, in my experience, Jbridging Kazrog plug-ins solved a lot of my crashes. I rarely use Sonar but it definitely crashed less when Jbridging.

It's worth a try.
Next

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog