Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Recabinet Not Saving Presets

b15fliptop
KVRist

338 posts since 5 Jan, 2007

Postby b15fliptop; Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:02 pm Recabinet Not Saving Presets

I've been trying to save some new presets in Recabinet 5, and it goes through the dialog like it's saving it, but the new preset isn't in the list, or in the folder with the xml files. It's not a permissions issue, as I've even set the folder so anyone can read or write. At a loss here.

OSX Sierra.

EDIT: Presets were working fine a few weeks ago, when I made several bass presets. Nothing has changed with my system since.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook
DrSense
KVRist

161 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:24 am Re: Recabinet Not Saving Presets

Just try to save a new preset and check WHERE it is saved. EXACTLY. My Recabinet switched the location to the nirvana of some temp-folder so the presets weren't found and the path looked similar at first. After I put it into the correct folder everything was fine again. And it was a DAW-issue in the end...

Edit: ah well, it's a known issue...and solvable too
Last edited by DrSense on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kazrog
KVRian

854 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:55 am Re: Recabinet Not Saving Presets

The new installer has been causing permissions issues for some users of macOS. There is a fix in the works, but you can easily resolve it with the following steps:

1.) Launch the macOS Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities/ on your boot drive)

2.) Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal, and press enter:

Code: Select all
sudo chmod -R 777 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Kazrog\ LLC/

3.) You may be prompted for your macOS user password after entering the command. If the password is wrong, you'll be prompted again. If you get it right, the Terminal will simply return you to a new line.

4.) Next, launch your recording software and authorize your plugin by typing your Kazrog username/password into the About tab of the plugin window. You should be all set!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
b15fliptop
KVRist

338 posts since 5 Jan, 2007

Postby b15fliptop; Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:40 pm Re: Recabinet Not Saving Presets

Thanks, Shane. Will give it a shot!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog