Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

KClip 3 - Feature Requests

keena1978
KVRer

6 posts since 15 Jul, 2017

Postby keena1978; Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:03 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

If you could move further down the road with your tape line in K Clip 3 it would be outstanding.

Your tape emulation when I put it on the master buss is second to none.I own UAD,Waves,Nebular tried them all but your`s is warm in the right way.

I even use a Neve 5042 which is only good for tracking and the 7.5 setting is not really 7.5 it`s more like 15.

If you could have a 7.5IPS setting were by it cuts the highs a lot.

Or maybe even 3 settings 7.5/15/30

If you need funding to add this feature I`m willing to throw down some cash for your time.

Regards

Mark
Kazrog
KVRian

854 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:49 am Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

keena1978 wrote:Your tape emulation when I put it on the master buss is second to none.I own UAD,Waves,Nebular tried them all but your`s is warm in the right way.

Wow. Very interesting, as it's not supposed to be a 1:1 emulation of tape. It's my idea of what I wished tape sounded like, if that makes sense. :lol:

keena1978 wrote:I even use a Neve 5042 which is only good for tracking and the 7.5 setting is not really 7.5 it`s more like 15.

You mean the 542? Haven't tried it, but it seems interesting.

keena1978 wrote:If you could have a 7.5IPS setting were by it cuts the highs a lot.

Or maybe even 3 settings 7.5/15/30

Well, there will definitely be some new clipping modes, so I'll consider this. Thanks for the suggestion!

keena1978 wrote:If you need funding to add this feature I`m willing to throw down some cash for your time.

I'll most likely set up a pre-order as this gets further down the line development wise. Thanks!! 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 am Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Eleventh wrote:A proper visualisation of the clipping threshold in relation to the audio waveform. (see attachment)

I'd really appreciate a GUI with a peak VU on the right side displaying the real-time amplitude, and on its left side, an equally scaled, flowing waveform histogram which displays the threshold indicator and the post-clipping waveform. (or also the pre-clipping wave but dimmed in the background)

You're definitely thinking along similar lines to me. Thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:54 am Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

pekbro wrote:Another more general, and longterm FR for me would be an effect rack, or chainer type
plugin specifically for Kazrog's product line.

It's an idea I've toyed with for a few years, but there's not as much demand for it as I'd like in order to feel comfortable embarking on such a project. One solution I've recommended to users is DDMF MetaPlugin - which is virtually limitless in terms of signal flow and customization:

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst- ... x-wrapper/

While I can imagine a simpler solution perhaps being useful for certain people, this can literally do anything, it's very reasonably priced, and supported by a quality developer.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
DrSense
KVRist

161 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:27 am Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Kazrog wrote:Wow. Very interesting, as it's not supposed to be a 1:1 emulation of tape. It's my idea of what I wished tape sounded like, if that makes sense. :lol:

98% of the people who are excited about all the new tape plugins atm never heard tape and just have their own ideas of tape in their heads. Maybe you just nailed that for this guy, maybe for many more. Maybe you should use a random free to use (even for commercial)tape machine videoand base a fancy animated GUI on that. Release as Kazrog Tape, grab the money, live happily ever after and release Thermionik amps based on ultrarare stuff financed by the Tape plugin. :D
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:03 am Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

I suppose in a world where another company can charge $49 for a 3-knob overdrive pedal emulation, anything is possible...
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
keena1978
KVRer

Postby keena1978; Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Wow. Very interesting, as it's not supposed to be a 1:1 emulation of tape. It's my idea of what I wished tape sounded like, if that makes sense. :lol:

It worked out.

You mean the 542? Haven't tried it, but it seems interesting.

No this badboy. 542 has a blend feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X33-FrgdNU4

Well, there will definitely be some new clipping modes, so I'll consider this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Something were you can dial in more saturation resulting in like tape at lower IPS.The tops rolls off
the bottom fattens.It is warm and dull at a extreme setting.You can than mix into it boost highs and it becomes musical to the ear.

This is a good example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yyWKzPBCM

The color you can listen to it all day.

This is music which you can listen to for about 6 minutes than your ears pack it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNRi88lbOA

Because we are all ITB it`s hard to get the color most of the lower harmonics are missing that you
get from analog gear and tape.

The A/D tends to crunch everything up...but it`s not a musical crunch.

One cat tried to find a work around.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B2BomberADC

I don`t own one but I should give it a try.
Last edited by keena1978 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keena1978
KVRer

Postby keena1978; Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:03 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

post 3
EvilDragon
KVRAF

14664 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

If I want a proper tape emulation, I always use u-he Satin, bar none.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:02 am Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

EvilDragon wrote:If I want a proper tape emulation, I always use u-he Satin, bar none.

Fantastic plugin by one of my favorite developers. Tape emulation is such a well worn category as it is, and I don't feel like I'd be able to beat this plugin, honestly.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
3ee
KVRAF

3508 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Kazrog wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:If I want a proper tape emulation, I always use u-he Satin, bar none.

Fantastic plugin by one of my favorite developers. Tape emulation is such a well worn category as it is, and I don't feel like I'd be able to beat this plugin, honestly.

Try it! The goal is not to beat it.. rather than have a different but still quality flavor.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:29 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

So I've decided to throw in the kitchen sink, to an extent - it just doesn't make sense to go partway into a certain feature set that would be very unifying as an environment to finalize a mix - it's got to be all under one roof or it's actually less useful:

http://kazrog.com/2017/08/23/kclip-3-pre-order/

Really excited about this. There will be teasers along the way, of course! 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Paulnz
KVRist

173 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:52 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Sounds great. What is the offer for VIP users?
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:12 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Paulnz wrote:Sounds great. What is the offer for VIP users?

You guys qualify for the same coupon on this as the Complete Collection 1 users. Also, 10 new plugins on the guitar side (5 amp sims, 5 pedal sims) are coming to VIPs free of charge as soon as they're ready.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
GrabtharsHammer
KVRist

203 posts since 7 Apr, 2016, from Bünde, Germany

Postby GrabtharsHammer; Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm Re: KClip 3 - Feature Requests

Kazrog wrote:Also, 10 new plugins on the guitar side (5 amp sims, 5 pedal sims) are coming to VIPs free of charge as soon as they're ready.

Wow, that's great news! Really curious what these new models might be...
PreviousNext

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog