Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Kazrog
KVRian

871 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:27 am Clarification: VIP crowdfunding rewards ending January 1, 2018

So, I've been getting more questions from the VIPs out there lately, now that the end of the VIP period draws nearer. I want to bring some clarity to this situation, as it's been long enough since the crowdfunding began that the collective memory has eroded a bit.

What was the VIP crowdfunding?

The VIP pre-order was a crowdfunding effort to help fund 3 years worth of R&D in advance, back in late 2014, which helped me grow Kazrog LLC into the entity it is today. In return for their generosity, all VIPs got 3 years worth of new products, which is all the stuff that's now under the umbrella of Complete Collection 1. A few more new plugins are still coming to the collection this year, which will be free for everyone who owns the collection (VIP or otherwise.)

What happens when the VIP period ends?

The VIP period ending marks the end of the products that were part of the crowdfunding effort itself. In actuality, everyone's VIP membership has the same official end date (which was extended due to delays in rolling out the Thermionik amp packs), even if the customer database states otherwise. What this means is that any new products released after January 1, 2018 will be considered outside the scope of the 3-year VIP period. Your existing plugin licenses for Complete Collection 1 do not expire, though - you have a permanent license for this version of the bundle.

In any case, all VIPs will be entitled to discounted upgrade pricing for major upgrades and new products down the road in 2018 and beyond. Thank you so much for helping me through what was a very difficult transitional time a few years ago - I couldn't have done this without your help!

-Shane
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Burillo
KVRAF

2736 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am Re: Clarification: VIP crowdfunding rewards ending January 1, 2018

ummm.... no they don't. the amps will keep working past January 1st 8)
From Russia with love
Kazrog
KVRian

871 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:48 am Re: Clarification: VIP crowdfunding rewards ending January 1, 2018

Burillo wrote:ummm.... no they don't. the amps will keep working past January 1st 8)

Took me a minute to figure out what you meant. :lol:

In any case, the only thing that's ending January 1 is VIPs receiving new plugins free of additional charge.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
nezvers
KVRer

20 posts since 29 Sep, 2011

Postby nezvers; Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 pm Re: Clarification: VIP crowdfunding rewards ending January 1, 2018

I'll still be fanboying and praise Thermionic as best sim.

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog