Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
The-Zeronaut
KVRer

22 posts since 27 Dec, 2008

Postby The-Zeronaut; Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:18 pm Adjustable HP/LP filters on an OD pedal?

I'm not just gonna ask for just a copy of the precision drive but maybe something in that area...
seeing how famous this type of pedal sound is becoming I would imagine a lot of people would be interested on something like this.

To my understanding the PD is basically a screamer with higher gain range and adjustable HP/LP filters
apart from the precision drive there are other pedals like this:
Pro Tone Pedals Misha Mansoor Bulb Overdrive Guitar Pedal
The VFE focus (designed by Nolly) is just a clean boost pedal but still the same idea

What do you think, Shane?
Kazrog
KVRian

882 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 pm Re: Adjustable HP/LP filters on an OD pedal?

I've been watching the space and doing some thinking about what's best to do here.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
cturner
KVRist

149 posts since 7 Dec, 2009, from GWB

Postby cturner; Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 am Re: Adjustable HP/LP filters on an OD pedal?

Sound designer here, not a guitarist; think the Kazrog pedals are absolutely the best out there. My question about this suggestion is why it’s different from putting, say Stillwell’s Oligarc filter in front of or behind Stockholm or Centipede?

EDIT: I realize Oligarc is a confusing suggestion because it’s just a low pass filter. Just didn’t want to mention any of the obvious candidates for HP/LP duty. So how about Xhip’s Vocal filter?
Kazrog
KVRian

882 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am Re: Adjustable HP/LP filters on an OD pedal?

Theoretically, you could use any EQ, including the one included in your DAW, to do the job. That said, I think there is something to be said to grouping controls under one roof inside a plugin for easy preset save/recall.

The physical pedal world is different than the plugin world in that a lot of modern pedals are oriented at putting more features per square inch on a pedalboard - real estate is a big issue.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Jotunbjorn
KVRer

6 posts since 27 May, 2016

Postby Jotunbjorn; Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:42 am Re: Adjustable HP/LP filters on an OD pedal?

Have you tried the Ignite Amps TSB-1?

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog