Despite thorough efforts by myself and the extremely gracious people on the SONAR team, we were unable to arrive at a definitive solution. However, the following workaround for Kazrog plugins crashing SONAR has proven successful in most cases, and is recommended if you are still using Kazrog plugins in SONAR for daily work:
- 1. Open SONAR.
2. Go to the 'Utilities' menu, and select 'Cakewalk Plug-in Manager'.
3. When the Plug-in Manager opens, select 'VST Audio Effects (VST)' in the 'Plug-in Categories' list.
4. In the 'Registered Plug-ins' list, scroll down to one of the Kazrog plugins (eg. 'KClip').
5. Select it, and then click the 'Plug-in Properties' button.
6. Enable the 'Always suspend on play' option, and then click 'OK'.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 for any other Kazrog plugins that are crashing.
8. Close the Plug-in Manager, and then restart SONAR.
Very sorry for any inconvenience. I knew the writing was on the wall when Gibson acquired them, but remained hopeful their users wouldn't get left completely out of luck like this - in particular for people who paid for lifetime free updates (!!!)