Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Kazrog
KVRian

882 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:48 am Announcement: End of Cakewalk SONAR Support

In light of Cakewalk's recent announcement, any further attempts to investigate and address issues affecting my plugins in Cakewalk SONAR have been cancelled.

Despite thorough efforts by myself and the extremely gracious people on the SONAR team, we were unable to arrive at a definitive solution. However, the following workaround for Kazrog plugins crashing SONAR has proven successful in most cases, and is recommended if you are still using Kazrog plugins in SONAR for daily work:

1. Open SONAR.
    2. Go to the 'Utilities' menu, and select 'Cakewalk Plug-in Manager'.
    3. When the Plug-in Manager opens, select 'VST Audio Effects (VST)' in the 'Plug-in Categories' list.
    4. In the 'Registered Plug-ins' list, scroll down to one of the Kazrog plugins (eg. 'KClip').
    5. Select it, and then click the 'Plug-in Properties' button.
    6. Enable the 'Always suspend on play' option, and then click 'OK'.
    7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 for any other Kazrog plugins that are crashing.
    8. Close the Plug-in Manager, and then restart SONAR.

Very sorry for any inconvenience. I knew the writing was on the wall when Gibson acquired them, but remained hopeful their users wouldn't get left completely out of luck like this - in particular for people who paid for lifetime free updates (!!!)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Paulnz
KVRist

177 posts since 30 Apr, 2012, from Wellington, NZ

Postby Paulnz; Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:10 pm Re: Announcement: End of Cakewalk SONAR Support

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the workaround and also all the hard work you've put in to trying to fix this issue.

Cheers

Paul

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog