Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
DrSense
KVRist

171 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am 30min. Impulse Response Demo using Thermionik and Recabinet (and a thank you)

I've made a video demonstrating everything available by Valhallir right now using several Thermionik amps available to me (which ones+settings are shown in the video) and Recabinet. It's less showing of what Thermionik can do but most of us are always looking for IRs and I personally found my alltime favorites with the Valhallirs - so it might be interesting for some of you too. Here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCZQ5eR5so

And then I wanted to add: Thank you Shane! Without Thermionik&Recabinet I wouldn't have released what I have released over the last two years (a total of 27 original songs+some random stuff). I know this may sound super cringy and all but I am serious. Before that I was just fiddling around with sounds and got nothing done and that changed drastically because I finally was (and obviously still am) happy with the feel, responsiveness and sound (and had no excuses left for not finishing all those ideas, riffs, melodies, whatnots).
frthib
KVRer

19 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 am Re: 30min. Impulse Response Demo using Thermionik and Recabinet (and a thank you)

Great demo, most sound great and are all useable in a mixing context. I never heard of valhallir before, they are interesting.. I'm kinda compromised on ownhammer, I've used them for a long time and know them well.

About the songs : Me too I never composed anything before having Thermionik.. I played covers for years, searching to tone match my heroes. (such a weird hobby by te way). Don't know why but when I tried Thermionik I wanted to make some demoes so other people could hear it.. I didn't want to use any copyrighted stuff so had to create something new... and It wasn't that hard, the sounds where inspiring... It's fun and releiving to sound like "you"... Now when I play existing songs, I tried have "my" sound instead of trying to monkey the original songs.

I have most of actual major ampsim on the market and I was there in the infancy of ampsims (from line6 pod to nick crow 6505 to Lepou, etc...) and none of them ever did that. I feel like a I'm playing through real amps. It's a cliché, but it's true. I feel like I know now what it's like to play through a JMP 2203, my dream amp!
DrSense
KVRist

171 posts since 5 Aug, 2014

Postby DrSense; Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am Re: 30min. Impulse Response Demo using Thermionik and Recabinet (and a thank you)

I accidentally stumbled across valhallir tbh apparently they don't advertise much (or at all). I was looking for IRs of cabs that use Eminence speakers. My favorite, the EV12L, is very rarely used so even rarer to be found in IRs (but at least it's out there ;) ) so I went looking for my preferred speaker manufacturer and as my google is configured to show the first 10 pages as one I see a lot more results than most people, found the "Krank Dime"-IRs by valhallir and noticed there is a Man-O-War in the Pflug and two Eminence speakers in the TT-2x12. Tried the teaser box, was even more intrigued and yeah...they work fantastic with Thermionik and Recabinet. But I've also got a fetish for ribbon mics and the ones valhallir use (RNR1 and VR1) are amazing.

For me it's quite different: I composed tons of songs and a lot of riffs/partial songs. Played in bands but it never panned out so I only once heard a crappy recording of an entire song of mine. Which is depressing if you constantly write stuff. But you also want your ideas to sound right if you show them to the world so it was this endless circle of excusing, creating, excusing, creating...until I was happy with the sound and could move on to what is going on now...monthly new songs. And even earned almost three bucks with it by now! :D

I've also tried many...and my history goes back to the pod too although my first one was the XT Pro incl. the model packs. Then had the X3Live, a Vetta II with the Armin upgrade, HD, some tube amps, several other modeling devices (the Roland VG99...what a toy..if just the sound was better)...tried most softwares. Now it's just whatever I feel like I can get out of the Thermionik amps. Just great. And I am strict "form follows function" fan so I not only don't mind the dull GUI I love it for it's simplicity. Only the amp names could be bigger especially on the Duality amps.

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog