Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
frthib
KVRist

49 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:28 am Question about Thermionik Marshland Jumpy79S

Happy new year

I love the sound of Jumpy79S, boosted.. I'm curious about this Soldano mod.. Did Mike Soldano modded the amp PCB to change/mod the whole circuit or is the amp a "classic" plexi with a hot mod plugin tube ?

Thanks

frthib
KVRist

49 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:25 am Re: Question about Thermionik Marshland Jumpy79S

Could be also this.. No idea. Probably not that one but it gives an idea of the amplitude of the mods if it's not a hotmod

https://reverb.com/item/76960-marshall-soldano-modded-jcm800-1985-black-rare

... Years ago, Bill Sundt and Mike Soldano decided to gut the amp and re-voice the preamp circuit to what would later become the Soldano SLO (super lead overdrive) specs. You can see in one of the photos below, the extra hand wired parts that Soldano fabricated. They also changed the values of most of the caps. A tube buffered effects loop was added and an extra tube gain stage was added as well. (FX loop is line level and pre phase inverter similar to the loops that are in the SLO). External bias points were added so you can plug in a multimeter and easily bias the tubes without having to take the amp apart. SLO Knobs. Tubes are Ruby EL34B STR's and a mix of GT, JJ, and old school preamp tubes. There is no back panel but easy enough to find one on Ebay. Power cord included.

The amp has a Drake Choke with sticker on top and the Power and Output transformers are Dagnalls fom what I've been told (PT+ DE T4165F and OT +DE62668) are the red stamps on top of them. The amp sounds huge and the low end is amazing. I have never had the Bass control past 3 with Greenbacks.
Kazrog
KVRian

896 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm Re: Question about Thermionik Marshland Jumpy79S

It's a one-off mod he did to a 1979 JMP. I'll post specifics here as time permits, but it's not just a tube swap.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog