Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
frthib
KVRist

52 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 am Boosted Vocal AC30 in a 4x12, great results!

I'm more of a rock / metal player. The tought of going outside my security blankets amps never occured to me, I never use fender, vox or anything other than "recognized" metal amps.

Today I tried the Vocal 30 non boost amp in the Thermionik suite. Boosted. Cause, you know.

I gave me and EXCELLENT rock sound, very very inspiring, i can do so much more than the prejudice (?, not sure about that word sorry) sound everybody have in mind. And i take boost very well!

I didn't played it through the classic open back 2x12 blue speaker. I used Ownhammer marshall 4x12 greenback and h30. I hate the open back spikey sounds of blue speakers..

The bass is amped bass. Easy to use, i use 50% DI on the track

Anyway, great discovery!

I was aiming for something a little different but in the end I used the best the plugin gave me, his comfort zone! It felt great playing it, that's one i'll be using way more in different context..

It's an original "cheesy classic rock" but fun to play song BTW :D :D

https://soundcloud.com/user-530792278/vocal30
Last edited by frthib on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

341 posts since 21 Apr, 2017, from Bahia, Brazil

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 am Re: Boosted Vocal AC30 in a 4x12, great results!

My favorite amp sim of em all. I use it with all sorts of cab sims for all kinds of music. The feel is very real. I dont know if it is a great emulation and dont care.
EvilDragon
KVRAF

15784 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:53 am Re: Boosted Vocal AC30 in a 4x12, great results!

Pretty awesome! Which boost did you use?
frthib
KVRist

Postby frthib; Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:57 am Re: Boosted Vocal AC30 in a 4x12, great results!

Thanks, I used Mercuriall TSC, the free one.

I'm still figuring out Thermionik vintage driver

Now i'm curious using it (the vox one) in downtuned metal song ;)

On my do to list : the bassman. intrigued by this one!
frthib
KVRist

Postby frthib; Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:59 am Re: Boosted Vocal AC30 in a 4x12, great results!

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:My favorite amp sim of em all. I use it with all sorts of cab sims for all kinds of music. The feel is very real. I dont know if it is a great emulation and dont care.

It made it's way one my favorite list with the friedman , marshland 800 and jumpy79s :wink:

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog