Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
Kazrog
KVRian
 
755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:40 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Got the "square wave" issue sorted out - it's actually a bit more like a saw wave, but really, it's zipper noise! I thought I'd smoothed those params but somehow in the migration during rewrite left out the smoothing for those. Also discovered I had the DC filter in a less than ideal place in the signal chain - between those two fixes we're good now there.

Appreciate the UI feedback. I don't really share anyone's negative feelings about any of the buttons, but I can experiment with some different looks.

Already have a bunch of things improved in the build I'm working on ATM. My goal is to get KClip 3 formally released by the end of the week, so I really appreciate the fast feedback here.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Sutnikoev
KVRer
 
7 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Postby Sutnikoev; Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Don`t get stressed by all us complaining celebrities here :-) Just take your time and make it good. One thing i would like in the future would be to actually see the affected freq areas-the bands in the Visualiser (like Dmg Limitless or Ozone multiband dynamic+Exciter ) so you can also have a visual aid-feedback as to which area a given Band setting is affecting. Helps a lot imho especially when it`s late at night and i don`t want to crank up the volume and-or most importantly when i have tired ears. Btw is the Crisp or the Smooth , the best setting or better said, the most "invisible" setting if you want to push a master? Would be nice to have something like "Invisible" clip mode for when you want to clip a master-mixdown. I like very much where Kclip 3 is going. Very nice update
Last edited by Sutnikoev on Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
frthib
KVRist
 
74 posts since 29 Nov, 2017, from Québec, Québec, Canada

Postby frthib; Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:45 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Kazrog wrote:Appreciate the UI feedback. I don't really share anyone's negative feelings about any of the buttons, but I can experiment with some different looks.

Already have a bunch of things improved in the build I'm working on ATM. My goal is to get KClip 3 formally released by the end of the week, so I really appreciate the fast feedback here.


I do find anything wrong with the UI.. It clear, big, coherant, scalable, has your "fingerprint" all over it and meters. And it's exportable to all it's sibblings products. I wouldn't change a single thing.. Meters are cool. Slap them everywhere in your VST family ;) !

I loaded up an old project with an active recording track. I added KClip3 in the guitar sub, tape saturation to add a little "grittiness" and compression.. I the first time I have the sensation of understanding what is a clipper and where to use it.

You must know that one :
Image
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:03 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

This is not about the GUI needing to be explained, but about it being consistent. Buttons that I mentioned previously aren't consistent with other buttons used in the GUI, they look tacked on rather than flattering the GUI. That's all there's to it.
Sutnikoev
KVRer
 
7 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Postby Sutnikoev; Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:55 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Hmm. I think it`s a personal taste thingy. To me personal, nothing bothers me in the GUI. I find it pretty usable and aesthetically cohesive.

There will probably be dozens of different opinions out there. Hard to please all. To me the most important would be 100% reliability. Everything else falls into place after that. First priority is Sound.

I find the GUI 100 time better than the old one to be honest

To me the only "issue" right now is the unwanted heavy Distortion that occurs when i switch to Multiband and then move the Quality setting to anything different than 12 o`clock
User avatar
Kazrog
KVRian
 
755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Sutnikoev wrote:To me the only "issue" right now is the unwanted heavy Distortion that occurs when i switch to Multiband and then move the Quality setting to anything different than 12 o`clock


Stop and restart playback. That should go away then. The multiband buffers and filters have to be reset when you go to a new rate.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Sutnikoev
KVRer
 
7 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Postby Sutnikoev; Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:08 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Kazrog wrote:
Sutnikoev wrote:To me the only "issue" right now is the unwanted heavy Distortion that occurs when i switch to Multiband and then move the Quality setting to anything different than 12 o`clock


"Stop and restart playback. That should go away then. The multiband buffers and filters have to be reset when you go to a new rate.




i did. You are right it works. Not the most elegant-fast solution but it works. In some other plugins i have similar things when i change buffer or oversampling settings but they "find their way" after a few seconds without any extra tricks.
User avatar
Kazrog
KVRian
 
755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Sutnikoev wrote:i did. You are right it works. Not the most elegant-fast solution but it works. In some other plugins i have similar things when i change buffer or oversampling settings but they "find their way" after a few seconds without any extra tricks.


I've also found that there's plugins that won't change the setting until you close and reopen the session. There's a lot of variety out there. :ud:

If I find a more elegant solution, it will happen - obviously I'm not trying to put unnecessary hurdles in front of anyone. For now, this isn't that bad - you really shouldn't need to be changing that setting very often (especially since offline render settings are coming in the preferences dialog.)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16294 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Can you perhaps just output silence while the filters and buffers are resetting?
Sutnikoev
KVRer
 
7 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Postby Sutnikoev; Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Kazrog wrote:
Sutnikoev wrote:i did. You are right it works. Not the most elegant-fast solution but it works. In some other plugins i have similar things when i change buffer or oversampling settings but they "find their way" after a few seconds without any extra tricks.


I've also found that there's plugins that won't change the setting until you close and reopen the session. There's a lot of variety out there. :ud:

If I find a more elegant solution, it will happen - obviously I'm not trying to put unnecessary hurdles in front of anyone. For now, this isn't that bad - you really shouldn't need to be changing that setting very often (especially since offline render settings are coming in the preferences dialog.)


I would never think that you put hurdles in front of anyone my friend. Don`t worry. As i said it`s not a priority issue. Just mentioned it since i reckon this thread is more like a feedback thing. Thats all.
If i didn`t trust you i wouldn`t have preordered the second you anounced Kclip 3 . (is it like a year ago? can`t remember)
User avatar
Kazrog
KVRian
 
755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:48 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Thanks everyone for your feedback! The release build addresses most of what's covered in this thread (and then some) and I'm currently preparing the formal release. Looking to go live within the next 48 hours.

UPDATE: Zapping even more bugs that no testers found, and making a few more enhancements today (including a MUCH better font.) The formal release will be version number 3.0.1 and should go live tomorrow barring unforeseen circumstances.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Sutnikoev
KVRer
 
7 posts since 24 Dec, 2016

Postby Sutnikoev; Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 am Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Our positive thoughts are with you. The force is strong with this clipper
User avatar
Kazrog
KVRian
 
755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

OK the KClip 3.0.1 release build is up! Check the original post for installer links. 8)

I'm still writing the manual, and finalizing some stuff on the website, but this will be going live officially soon. Thanks!!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
User avatar
Robert Randolph
KVRAF
 
2098 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:13 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Is there a pre-order link for complete collection owners?
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every 4 days or less!
User avatar
Kazrog
KVRian
 
755 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:27 pm Re: KClip 3 - Early Access Download

Robert Randolph wrote:Is there a pre-order link for complete collection owners?


Just follow the main pre-order link and use the appropriate coupon code. Thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
PreviousNext

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog