Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Kazrog
KVRian

748 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 am Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Robert Randolph wrote:The controls are greatly improved, thank you.

Thanks! 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

2090 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Unfortunately...

Logic Pro X 10.4.1 crashes on load with Kclip 3.0.2 installed. macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Au works in other hosts.

auval returns:

Code: Select all
<fancy-super-nerd-prompt> auval -t aufx KCl3

blah blah blah

* * PASS
--------------------------------------------------
AU VALIDATION SUCCEEDED.
--------------------------------------------------

Here's your error report: https://pastebin.com/YpRbA8ZZ

If you need anything else, let me know.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every 4 days or less!
dna_studios
KVRer

9 posts since 2 Jun, 2004

Postby dna_studios; Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:16 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Kazrog wrote:
dna_studios wrote:Were you using OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite when you re-checked 3.0.2?

High Sierra 10.13.3 at the moment. However, I've got testers running 10.9.5 and 10.10.5 with zero issues. Your auvaltool log entry looks corrupt now that I read through it. Lots of weird metadata from random plugin vendors interspersed. You may have hard disk corruption or at least permissions issues that need sorting.

No file system problems reported by Disk Utility, permissions are okay, but I agree that auvaltool log suggests *something* has become corrupted. I'll look into it...

Thanks for the feedback, Shane.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:40 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Apple has been making it extraordinary difficult lately to keep your plugins updated and working. You may need to restart your Mac and/or clear the AU cache to resolve issues after updating an existing plugin or adding a new one. Lots of chatter on the developer lists about this, with no true long term solution in sight at this point. Yay Apple?
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:42 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Kazrog wrote:Apple has been making it extraordinary difficult lately to keep your plugins updated and working. You may need to restart your Mac and/or clear the AU cache to resolve issues after updating an existing plugin or adding a new one. Lots of chatter on the developer lists about this, with no true long term solution in sight at this point. Yay Apple?

Restarted. Killed the cache. No luck.
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every 4 days or less!
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:44 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Robert Randolph wrote:Restarted. Killed the cache. No luck.

Try deleting the plugin and reinstalling, in that case. There's absolutely no reason why the plugin should have any issues with your setup.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Kazrog wrote:

Try deleting the plugin and reinstalling, in that case. There's absolutely no reason why the plugin should have any issues with your setup.

Alright tried that. No worky.

I've also checked permissions on it, checked AU compatibility in 5 other DAWs (they all work, except Logic!) and tried on another user account.

Same result.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Robert Randolph wrote:
Kazrog wrote:

I've also checked permissions on it, checked AU compatibility in 5 other DAWs (they all work, except Logic!) and tried on another user account.

Same result.

That's strange. I'll see if anything further can be done from this end. Lots of changes on the Mac platform recently have caused some unpredictability and people with unique issues on certain machines. Logic has always been extremely fragile and finicky working with third party plugins, and sometimes issues just clear up once Apple issues a minor update as well.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Postby Robert Randolph; Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:17 am Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Kazrog wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
Kazrog wrote:

Same result.

That's strange. I'll see if anything further can be done from this end. Lots of changes on the Mac platform recently have caused some unpredictability and people with unique issues on certain machines. Logic has always been extremely fragile and finicky working with third party plugins, and sometimes issues just clear up once Apple issues a minor update as well.

After fooling with this way too much, I finally got it working in Logic by totally wiping logic itself and reinstalling it.

It's really strange that KClip 3 was the only plugin (of over 1k) that didn't scan properly. :borg:
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:20 am Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Robert Randolph wrote:After fooling with this way too much, I finally got it working in Logic by totally wiping logic itself and reinstalling it.

It's really strange that KClip 3 was the only plugin (of over 1k) that didn't scan properly. :borg:

Weird. Out of curiosity, are you on the new APFS filing system, or the older Mac OS Extended Journaled system? My build Mac is 100% APFS across all drives now, and I have noticed some strange behavior with file modification dates between friends with older Macs.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue May 01, 2018 4:47 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Kazrog wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:After fooling with this way too much, I finally got it working in Logic by totally wiping logic itself and reinstalling it.

Weird. Out of curiosity, are you on the new APFS filing system, or the older Mac OS Extended Journaled system? My build Mac is 100% APFS across all drives now, and I have noticed some strange behavior with file modification dates between friends with older Macs.

HFS+ Journaled, Case-Sensitive.

No APFS for me yet.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue May 01, 2018 6:08 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

Robert Randolph wrote:HFS+ Journaled, Case-Sensitive.

No APFS for me yet.

Cool, thanks for letting me know! Between this and the upcoming CPU platform transition they're hinting at, some rough transitions may be ahead for Mac users.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Jperkinski
KVRer

29 posts since 22 Oct, 2013, from Milwaukee, WI USA

Postby Jperkinski; Thu May 17, 2018 11:48 am Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

I'm getting instant crashes when trying to render audio in WaveLab:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al69cnghc5hva ... h.zip?dl=0

I tired VST2 and VST3

MacOS 10.13.4
WaveLab 9.5.25

KClip3 inserted as a Clip FX in a 96k montage.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 pm Re: KClip 3.0.2 download

I'll look into it, thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Previous

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog