Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Kazrog
KVRian

776 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:23 pm Kazrog User Survey 2018

It's survey time again! Take the Kazrog survey to enter for a chance to win a free Kazrog plugin of your choice. Winner will be notified on May 31, 2018.

Surveys like this help me to answer important questions, such as "do I still need to ship 32 bit plugins?" I really appreciate your help! :phones:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Boone777
KVRian

627 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:18 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

I just filled the survey and there is one thing I want to point out concerning installation
I'm a Reaper user and I use a portable install when I'm on the go. It would be awsome if the installer let's us choose where all data goes.
Like U-He installer for exemple.

Right now I use Kuassa (Without presets they get installed on C by default) or some Ignite Amps stuff when I'm on the go but Kazrog would be my first choice.
Last edited by Boone777 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 5.62, Steinberg MR816x
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

By "all data", what are you referring to? It lets you select the plugin path. The presets and autorization file are stored in the OS vendor recommended paths. If I were to allow the user to change that, hard disk permissions issues could prevent you from being able to do normal things like save presets (especially on Mac, where even doing things by the book can still get you in trouble, for no good reason.) Not sure why you'd want to do that?

I don't recall seeing an option like that in U-He's installers, either, but I'll give it a look. I own several of his plugins.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Boone777
KVRian

Postby Boone777; Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

Unless I'm mistaken, there is one folder for all the data and one for VST. I recently installed the U-He stuff and did'nt get a chance to try elsewhere I check running on my pc and it works but it could possibly be using data on my PC instead of the usb key.
When I install though, there is nothing showing installing data on the C drive by default.
Last edited by Boone777 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazrog
KVRian

Postby Kazrog; Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:30 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

I'll look into this. Reaper is my primary platform as well, but I've never tried a portable install. Thanks!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16603 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:39 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

Yes, u-he installer allows you to place the data folder wherever you can (except it forbids you to put it in Program Files and other read-only locations. You get a link in the VST folder that links to that Data folder. The Data folder can also be right next to the VST file, in which case you get a 100% portable plugin! Works without issues.
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

2128 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:24 am Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, u-he installer allows you to place the data folder wherever you can (except it forbids you to put it in Program Files and other read-only locations. You get a link in the VST folder that links to that Data folder. The Data folder can also be right next to the VST file, in which case you get a 100% portable plugin! Works without issues.

I also do this with Reaper.

I have a Reaper portable install with most of my main plugins that works on macOS or Windows, plus macOS/Win Reaper executables, just plug-and-play.

There's just some plugins that don't play nice this way :(
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts every 4 days or less!
Boone777
KVRian

Postby Boone777; Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:25 am Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

The usual culprits who don't work well are those with heavy copy protections. Waves, IK and Ilok plugz for exemple are not even close to being portable. I wish NI, Melda and Plugin Alliance would do that as well.

More power to some of my favorite companies: Klanghelm, TDR, Hornet, DDMF, KV331...they will continue to get my money first.
Tappistry
KVRian

828 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:38 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

Just also chiming in that I answered "key file" on the survey for preferred authorization. Honestly, key file or serial are preferable imo. I don't really have a preference between the two. Hell, even the login system that you use now is fine, it doesn't get in the way. Just please don't do iLok!

Some other feedback: I noticed on the Thermionik product page that the upcoming version will be a combined plugin. Looking forward to that! And I'm also hoping you might introduce UI resizing/scaling in future updates as well. :)
Burillo
KVRAF

2831 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 am Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

Tappistry wrote:Some other feedback: I noticed on the Thermionik product page that the upcoming version will be a combined plugin. Looking forward to that! And I'm also hoping you might introduce UI resizing/scaling in future updates as well. :)

i know Shane talked about this before on KVR, but where on the product page did you notice it?
From Russia with love
Tappistry
KVRian

828 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:21 am Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

Burillo wrote:
Tappistry wrote:Some other feedback: I noticed on the Thermionik product page that the upcoming version will be a combined plugin. Looking forward to that! And I'm also hoping you might introduce UI resizing/scaling in future updates as well. :)

i know Shane talked about this before on KVR, but where on the product page did you notice it?

In the news/blog section:

http://kazrog.com/2018/05/04/thermionik-suite-now-50/
Stryves
KVRer

8 posts since 22 Jun, 2018, from Hamilton, ON Canada

Postby Stryves; Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm Re: Kazrog User Survey 2018

Submitted survey, just adding that the one question that's life or death for me is no iLok. Had that fail on me before too many times and have dropped all plugins using it on production systems. I'm open to all others.

EDIT: I put my email address so that you can verify this isn't a pirating issue, I paid!

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog