Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
jazztiz
KVRer

14 posts since 26 Apr, 2015

Postby jazztiz; Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 pm Roland JC Thermionik approximation?

New user here. First of all, I wish to thank Kazrog for such great product. :tu:

Does anyone here have an experience to simulate Roland Jazz Chrous (not the chorus and reverb part nor cabs). I am talking about amp section. I already have 3sigma's JC IRs.

I've just bought Thermionik while not being a high gain/metal music fan just because of Clean and Crunch sounds

And I personally dislike Bias, Guitar Rig and Amplitube and never give them a penny just because of decent JC Emulation.

So, I appreciate any suggestions on approximation using solely Thermionik

Thanks in advance
Kazrog
KVRian

754 posts since 24 Oct, 2009

Postby Kazrog; Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:07 am Re: Roland JC Thermionik approximation?

I'd try the Blackverb model - it's got a similar brightness to it as a JC. It's not going to be exactly the same, of course, but it will get you in the ballpark.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog LLC
Unfocused
KVRist

321 posts since 7 Jul, 2004

Postby Unfocused; Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:42 pm Re: Roland JC Thermionik approximation?

I have owned a Roland JC-55 since the mid-80s. It is still my main practice amp. While it is not quite the JC-120 due to its cabinet/speakers, the amp section is very similar. I actually found the Guitar Rig sim to be not too awful. Overloud TH3 also has a JC-amp model which, while it takes some tweaking, is worth checking out if you're a fan of the JC sound--I use this one the most when I want to emulate my physical amp ITB.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson
jazztiz
KVRer

Postby jazztiz; Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm Re: Roland JC Thermionik approximation?

Thanks for answers everyone! Will try out your suggestions.
I've experienced good JC implementation in Line 6 POD Farm as well.
jazztiz
KVRer

Postby jazztiz; Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:16 pm Re: Roland JC Thermionik approximation?

For those who are interested
Just got very decent results with Thermionik Marshland 75 (Normal Channel, Amp Saturation Set To 0) + 3sigma JC IRs. Recabinet IRs (Chordal 2x12) work very well too.

Moderators: Moderators (Main), Kazrog Mods

Return to Kazrog