Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

askewd wrote:A preference to allow the reverse behaviour of the record and overdub functions. For example, at the moment it says press "record" to record (into the arrangement) and "shift+record" to activate OVERDUB.
+1

askewd wrote:Can i please suggest a few small features:
I will look into these but currently v2 adaptions have priority.

I will look into these but currently v2 adaptions have priority.
of course, and i appreciate you even adding them to your list. :-)

Best
DALE

Moss, some questions:
Does "Add device" work as expected in beta?
Does Push still go crazy when changing track focus?

Thanks!

stamp wrote:Does "Add device" work as expected in beta?
Yes, works great.
stamp wrote:Does Push still go crazy when changing track focus?
The track/device navigation is currently a bit broken in Beta 1 because there is a bigger overhaul going on. So fingers crossed :-)

moss wrote:
stamp wrote:Does "Add device" work as expected in beta?
Yes, works great.
:D
moss wrote:
stamp wrote:Does Push still go crazy when changing track focus?
The track/device navigation is currently a bit broken in Beta 1 because there is a bigger overhaul going on. So fingers crossed :-)
:pray:

Can anybody with a push & bw please let me know whether or not there is a mode where you can play ALL the notes of octave? Ie without it being in a 'scale' mode (which I assume hides certain notes) ?

Thanks
Dale

askewd wrote:Can anybody with a push & bw please let me know whether or not there is a mode where you can play ALL the notes of octave? Ie without it being in a 'scale' mode (which I assume hides certain notes) ?

Thanks
Dale
There is a chromatic mode, which lets you play every note.

Thanks goatgirl. That's great to know.

Best
Dale

The sampling and chopping features shown on this video look really awesome: https://youtu.be/E0jn9s0ZLd8

I realise the bitwig push doesn't have the sample waveform graphic display (yet) - but other than the image display, is the actual main functionality the same?

Ie, can u sample / chop / change start & end points / split to drum pads etc etc?

Just wondering
Cheers
Dale

Hi moss... Just curious, and not really push related. But do you have any advantages with those "new" code languages?
Can you work faster or easier? (not that it aint going fast enough, i have to blink my eyes and things are fixed)
Im not a coder what so ever and its hokus pokus for me.

I can "bug" report but you send me/us to github with the known problems, but those things i even dont understand.
So i will wait when things are in place again i guess. Im working now version 2 and new ver2 script. And well yeah it works but i guess the things that wont work you already known.

Well anyhow,.... Gluck with the version2 coding. Hope all goes well! (Wich im sure it will be)

askewd wrote: I realise the bitwig push doesn't have the sample waveform graphic display (yet) - but other than the image display, is the actual main functionality the same?
Ie, can u sample / chop / change start & end points / split to drum pads etc etc?
What you can do currently is:
Convert - Brings up the Slice to Drum Machine dialog.
Shift+Convert - Brings up the Slice to Multisample dialog.

codec17 wrote: Well anyhow,.... Gluck with the version2 coding. Hope all goes well! (Wich im sure it will be)
You can follow the GitHub repo if you want to check out the latest and greatest :-) Still some regressions in the API but they will tackle them in the next days.

Wait a freaking second!?? You can now browse samples in your drummachine?!!!!
I need myself a push-2 now....

And good to hear you guys tackle those nasty buggers... Away with them! :-)

What you can do currently is:
Convert - Brings up the Slice to Drum Machine dialog.
Shift+Convert - Brings up the Slice to Multisample dialog.
I assume if you have a sampler device loaded, you can see the parameters on the Push2 display? (ie "Sample Start" ADSR etc ?) ie so editing a sample within the sampler device is possible? (even if basic at moment)

Is it possible for the Push to be able to communicate with Bitwigs dialogue boxes? Ie to press the "Ok" button on the screen from Push , for example. ?

Going further - is it possible for the Push2 to display aspects of the dialogue box on it's screen and then let the user rotate the knobs or press buttons to select the options? For example if you press "Slice To Drum Machine" and bitwig asks "how many slices" could that be displayed on the Push and then use one of the knobs to select the number of slices and other parameters and allow press of "OK" all from the Push ?

Sorry for all the questions. A mixture of curiosity, excitement, and concern! haha Getting one in a couple of weeks all being well.

Dale

Return to “Controller Scripting”