Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Am i the only one here that cannot get the Push2display working.
It's so weird, the version that only works with beta's that you get from GitHub worked fine but the new version from Moss site i always get a permission error. I've done as the instructions ask.
I'm totally confused.
Are you on Mac?
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... ion-on-mac
Yes, on mac. And yes, the instructions are what i followed and i'm still getting the permission error.

Can you please help? i appreciate the link but thats what i have already... I'm sorry, i'm not a data programmer, just a musician.

edit: when i enter the line in terminal i get 'permission denied'.
I guess you need to open the console as administrator. Please google how to do that, I am not a Mac user.

BTW This horrible installation nightmare will be gone in the near future when the next Bitwig update is coming up, since this will allow to integrate that tool into the Extension.
This is great news for me, thanks Moss.
Quick question.. Does the new Push2display just replace the old one or does it replace Push4Bitwig completely?

simmo75 wrote:
moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
moss wrote:
It's so weird, the version that only works with beta's that you get from GitHub worked fine but the new version from Moss site i always get a permission error. I've done as the instructions ask.
I'm totally confused.
Are you on Mac?
Yes, on mac. And yes, the instructions are what i followed and i'm still getting the permission error.

Can you please help? i appreciate the link but thats what i have already... I'm sorry, i'm not a data programmer, just a musician.

I guess you need to open the console as administrator. Please google how to do that, I am not a Mac user.

BTW This horrible installation nightmare will be gone in the near future when the next Bitwig update is coming up, since this will allow to integrate that tool into the Extension.
Quick question.. Does the new Push2display just replace the old one or does it replace Push4Bitwig completely?
This is just the application for the Push 2s display.

moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
moss wrote:
I'm totally confused.
Are you on Mac?

This is just the application for the Push 2s display.
Yes, thats what i can't get to work. Does it live inside the old Push4Bitwig folder in Bitwig controller scripts or do i no longer need the Push4Bitwig folder?

simmo75 wrote: Yes, thats what i can't get to work. Does it live inside the old Push4Bitwig folder in Bitwig controller scripts or do i no longer need the Push4Bitwig folder?
Delete the Push4Bitwig in the controller scripts folder completely. Put the push2display folder in the Extensions folder together with the bwextension file.

moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote: Yes, thats what i can't get to work. Does it live inside the old Push4Bitwig folder in Bitwig controller scripts or do i no longer need the Push4Bitwig folder?
Delete the Push4Bitwig in the controller scripts folder completely. Put the push2display folder in the Extensions folder together with the bwextension file.
Thanks Moss :)

Just wondering if there anyway to decrease the scroll rate of the knobs when the broser is in use.
I find them extremely touchy the only way i can use the broser is by using the buttons.

svervs wrote:Unfortunately with my Push1 the display
- is lagging up 30sec
- not changing at all
- and shows tracks from already closed projects (maybe it's just very long lag)
Found the cause for this: It happens when you have two Push1 connected at the same time.
As soon as the second is connected it starts lagging (just the display, all change of button lights work fine). When turned off, the lag stays.
With the old scripts it was working fine. Any chance this may be fixable?

I tried using a second copy of the script, but this doesn't create a second controller slot.

reflex58 wrote:Just wondering if there anyway to decrease the scroll rate of the knobs when the broser is in use.
I find them extremely touchy the only way i can use the broser is by using the buttons.
That is something I am also not that happy about. I tried some slow down stuff which I also did not like. Need to think about it a bit more.

moss wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
moss wrote:
I'm totally confused.
Are you on Mac?

Hi moss, 2.1.1 beta is out today, does this update allow to integrate the Push2Display tool into the extension? Thanks.

Hi Moss

Im just checking the new push script and it looks good. I have noticed some issues with navigating in and out of devices on drum machine pads.

I can navigate to any device just fine but when you navigate out of a device in order to select another drum pad every time it reverts back to C1 and I have to navigate up or down to the area I was focusing on before. So if you are working with 16 devices on all of the pads in the G sharp -1 to G sharp 0 range then any time you navigate out of a device to select another pad it will jump up to the C1 range. You can still navigate back to to where you were using the arrow buttons but its a bit frustrating. But also more importantly for me if the cells are empty in the C1 range then you cant navigate back down using the arrow buttons it just says please select drum pad. You have to deselect and reselect the drum machine and then go back into it to select another drum pad. This effects me because I use 8 drum machines with 16 pads on each instance and they span the full note range across all of the drum machines.

Navigating to a device that is nested within a chain does not work I was posting about this the other day because it didnt work on the version before either. The only way you can control device parameters of something inside a chain is by clicking on the nested device. Otherwise on the hardware it just says selected device: chain and you cant go into it. when you initially put the device inside the chain it works as the controller is already focused on it. As soon as navigate out of it you cant get back in.

Personally I would like it if the long press time for navigating back out of something was reduced by around half. I like the new structure for navigating in and out of things accept for the drum machine bug and the button press time but yeah this way of working makes a lot more sense to me.

On my system I am using Bitwig 2.1, Push 1 and Osx 10.12.4

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Moss!

Trying out the new 9.00 on Bitwig 2.1, Windows 10 with my Push 2. Noticing a few things:

Navigating in and out of devices or tracks is not done with Page Left and Page Right, I have to click on the buttons below the screen 3 times to get out of a device, and I can only return to tracks via the Mix button. Page Left and Page Right does nothing there anymore.

The sensitivity of the pads doesn't seem to change with the settings. The pads are MUCH less sensitive now compared to in Bitwig 2.0, enough so that I miss notes often.

I can't hold Record and arm several tracks. I have to release and press record again for each track I want to arm.

I can't get the display to work on OSX El Capitan. I do get the 'unidentified developer' warning but the proposed terminal command "chmod a+x" does nothing, the OS keeps on preventing the thing to run. I can overrule that via the security panel in the preferences and then it runs, but nothing happens. I'll try to attach a screenshot of the terminal window.

Any idea what's wrong here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As usual, the moment I post something the solution pops up in my eyes, it's of course the missing Push4Bitwig folder within the extensions folder and once I create that and place the Push2display folder within it, everything works. Is it meant to be this way or is this something like a legacy oversight? No big deal, it's just confusing as I was under the impression that entire folder is not needed anymore and I had thus deleted it when installing the new Java version of the script.

richielg wrote: I can navigate to any device just fine but when you navigate out of a device in order to select another drum pad every time it reverts back to C1 and I have to navigate up or down to the area I was focusing on before. So if you are working with 16 devices on all of the pads in the G sharp -1 to G sharp 0 range then any time you navigate out of a device to select another pad it will jump up to the C1 range. You can still navigate back to to where you were using the arrow buttons but its a bit frustrating. But also more importantly for me if the cells are empty in the C1 range then you cant navigate back down using the arrow buttons it just says please select drum pad. You have to deselect and reselect the drum machine and then go back into it to select another drum pad. This effects me because I use 8 drum machines with 16 pads on each instance and they span the full note range across all of the drum machines.
Yes, I also stumbled over this. But I am afraid I cant do anything about it.
richielg wrote: Navigating to a device that is nested within a chain does not work I was posting about this the other day because it didnt work on the version before either. The only way you can control device parameters of something inside a chain is by clicking on the nested device. Otherwise on the hardware it just says selected device: chain and you cant go into it. when you initially put the device inside the chain it works as the controller is already focused on it. As soon as navigate out of it you cant get back in.
Could you please provide me an example project and describe the steps what you are doing?

odz wrote: Navigating in and out of devices or tracks is not done with Page Left and Page Right, I have to click on the buttons below the screen 3 times to get out of a device, and I can only return to tracks via the Mix button. Page Left and Page Right does nothing there anymore.
Yes, that is how it works now. Please see the changes list. Page left/right now navigates through the sequencer pages.
odz wrote: The sensitivity of the pads doesn't seem to change with the settings. The pads are MUCH less sensitive now compared to in Bitwig 2.0, enough so that I miss notes often.
Could be that there is a bug. Need to check.
odz wrote: I can't hold Record and arm several tracks. I have to release and press record again for each track I want to arm.
Yes, I can reproduce that. Will fix.

Return to “Controller Scripting”