Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

moss wrote: * New: Setting for a preferred note view to use for new tracks.
:o :love: You ask MOSS delivers!
Thank you so much for this one!

Edit:MOSS HERO! What a breeze now i dont have to switch or change the view. For me this is really a primadeluxe thing! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks so much for this amazing tool.

Just a quick q;

Is there a shortcut to simply start recording into a new clip? I know it can be done pressing an empty slot on an armed track in session view. But I want to do it from the input modes. (Drum, piano etc).

Hi Moss,

I just upgraded to the latest version of the push4bitwig script, previously I was using one from March or April. With the latest version I have noticed that Push 2 screen flickers and is tricky to use because of this.

Rolling back to the previous version (one that uses Push 2 display 1.20) everything is fine and no flickering.

Also since I am unable to change settings in any version of push 2 display as the screen is blank. All my monitors are now 4k and I dont remember this happing with 1080p. Could the resolution be causing this?

Cheers.

futuresproof wrote:Hi Moss,

I just upgraded to the latest version of the push4bitwig script, previously I was using one from March or April. With the latest version I have noticed that Push 2 screen flickers and is tricky to use because of this.

Rolling back to the previous version (one that uses Push 2 display 1.20) everything is fine and no flickering.

Also since I am unable to change settings in any version of push 2 display as the screen is blank. All my monitors are now 4k and I dont remember this happing with 1080p. Could the resolution be causing this?

Cheers.
Sorry, no idea. Push2Display had only a change in the protocol parameters between Bitwig and the app, so it is impossible that this causes flickering.
The only relation to 4k might be that your hardware is now busy with more graphics processing. You can easily test that by decreasing your monitor resolution.

Ok the flickering turned out to be because "preview" was turned on in Push 2 display. I had to turn this off in the config file as the the gui is blank (see attached) I may have had this issue before and forget all about it. I think that whatever is causing p2d not to show was also causing excessive memory and CPU usage when "preview" was enabled.

Not sure what causes p2d to not display. I'm on the latest display drivers and the latest Java. Might roll these back to see if that make a difference. Is there a preferred version of Java or is latest release fine?

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i have just ordered a push 2. i'm hoping it will be the right decision. what do you guys think?
whats it like with editing audio n stuff? will i get the wave files showing up on the push and can i edit audio via the push ?

This has gotten a bit tricky to use with Push 1.
Arming/disarming inside of grouped tracks now requires one to hold record and then press the first button under the track. It used to be more one-handed. I think the in/out buttons are actually easier to use on Push 1 than dual purposing the first row of buttons.

I also can't see the parameters of my VSTs now. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but there used to be a mode in the device view that just showed Page 1 Page 2 etc, anonymous pages of all the parameters of a VST.

Push 1 doesn't show as much information as Push 2, so I think it's better to use the device in/out buttons for navigating the devices.

I'm going to try to adapt to the rest, but I'd like to know am I doing something wrong about finding the VST parameters?

KGZM wrote: I also can't see the parameters of my VSTs now. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but there used to be a mode in the device view that just showed Page 1 Page 2 etc, anonymous pages of all the parameters of a VST.
The so called "direct poarameters" were very buggy. Therefore, there are now only remote parameters. This means simply map your favourite parameters of a VST to one or more remote control pages (you only have to do that once).

A question about drum sequencer. It's a great tool but I am having trouble moving incrementally up the notes. What I mean is if I select "Note" and then "Drum 4", I am instantly shown C1-D#1 as notes to trigger. If I press "Octave Up" I am only shown E2-G2. What if I want to edit notes on E1-G#1 for example?
I tried to find the answer in the Wiki but I wasn't successful.
Thanks!
Adrienne

KGZM wrote:This has gotten a bit tricky to use with Push 1.
Arming/disarming inside of grouped tracks now requires one to hold record and then press the first button under the track. It used to be more one-handed. I think the in/out buttons are actually easier to use on Push 1 than dual purposing the first row of buttons.
This is absolutely my experience. The In Out buttons make a lot more sense to use for this feature. The fact that the button to go up in groups is not always available and you constantly have to know which stage you are at and if you can use the button or not is a huge complication.

tusk wrote:A question about drum sequencer. It's a great tool but I am having trouble moving incrementally up the notes. What I mean is if I select "Note" and then "Drum 4", I am instantly shown C1-D#1 as notes to trigger. If I press "Octave Up" I am only shown E2-G2. What if I want to edit notes on E1-G#1 for example?
To switch between the 4 rows press the Shift button and then the lower 4 Scene buttons.

From the changelog for Bitwig 2.2:
IMPROVED Scripting API: new API to copy slots or scenes.
Does this mean we can finally add proper copy and duplicate support for scenes in the session view? Like on the Maschine, when you can hold down Duplicate, pick the source clip, and then hit a new empty pad for where you want to move or duplicate it to?

A friend of mine with a push2 tried bitwig (latest demo 2.2) for the first time and installed the extension, but the push2 display was not working for him (mac os).

I'm new to the extension - and I might be missing something obvious - but in the installation documentation, it says that there should be some supporting files in the .zip archive, notably the Push2Display application. The current archive (DrivenByMoss.zip) is only a 800kb download, and it only contains the .bwextension - I'm thinking maybe the supporting resource files accidentally weren't added?

Again, apologies if I have this wrong :)
Bitwig 2.4 | Intel i9 7940X | Win10 | RME UCX | Focal SM9

meta-redundant wrote:I'm new to the extension - and I might be missing something obvious - but in the installation documentation, it says that there should be some supporting files in the .zip archive, notably the Push2Display application. The current archive (DrivenByMoss.zip) is only a 800kb download, and it only contains the .bwextension - I'm thinking maybe the supporting resource files accidentally weren't added?

Again, apologies if I have this wrong :)
Arrrghhh. Sorry for that. Please redownload, I added the missing files.

Return to “Controller Scripting”