Open Sound Control (OSC) is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reflex58 wrote:It has been awhile since I posted (page 1), but I now have the time to tackle communicating to the Behringher via the OSC4Bitwig script.
There is some renewed interest on the KVR/Bitwig forum.
I have not been able to make sense of the X22 OSC implementation, as it relates to OSC4Bitwig,
Any additional hints would helpful.
Or could I possibly get you to participate in this project?
I am not interested in writing an adaption to the X32 since I do not own one.
Nevertheless, I had a look at the X32 OSC protocol:
* If you want to control Bitwig with the X32 hardware I think it is much easier to use the Mackie control protocol. The OSC protocol of the X32 is designed to use it for controlling it, not to control other things.
* It is quite some work to adapt the messages to OSC4Bitwig. Every message has its own parameter range which means you need to parse every message individually and map it to the Bitwig values. This is not difficult for someone who has a little bit of coding knowledge, just a lot of boring work. :wink:

Thanks for your response I will check out MCU again,
I just think it is limiting with BWS give the scripting capabilities and OSC4BItwig
I guess will look into parsing those commands.
Just one more question I see nothing in the X32 OSC docs, that would be a OSC equivalent of MIDI "local off".
This would be pointless, if it does exist (I would be controlling the level of audio/pans both in BWS and the X32 at the same time,
It would be greatly appreciated if you could look at X332 OSC docs again to see if there is anything there like that?

reflex58 wrote:Thanks for your response I will check out MCU again,
I just think it is limiting with BWS give the scripting capabilities and OSC4BItwig
Just one more question I see nothing in the X32 OSC docs, that would be a OSC equivalent of MIDI "local off".
This would be pointless, if it does exist (I would be controlling the level of audio/pans both in BWS and the X32 at the same time,
It would be greatly appreciated if you could look at X332 OSC docs again to see if there is anything there like that?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=behringer+x32+as+controller

moss wrote:
reflex58 wrote:Thanks for your response I will check out MCU again,
Mackie Control seems to be the only way to go.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=behringer+x32+as+controller

Released a little update.

* Added /type attribute to tracks.

Nevermind. I answered my own question.

Time for a new release:

#3.11
  • Fixed /browser/filter/: Index was 0-5 instead of 1-6 as described in the Wiki.
  • Fixed: Bank range in grouped tracks behaves weird (requires Bitwig 1.3.8 RC 2+)
Get it from http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Enjoy!

Hey, question.

Use touchOSC on Ipad via wifi. In Bitwig Controller Script Console, the OSC.control.js shows just unhandled osc commands.

How do I map these commands?

I have no idea howto work with js. The wiki ''how to install'' is also not enough for non-nerds. Are there more information about this?

A good explanation is needed!

But anywhere, thanks to the coder. excuse my denglish

Janic wrote:Hey, question.

Use touchOSC on Ipad via wifi. In Bitwig Controller Script Console, the OSC.control.js shows just unhandled osc commands.

How do I map these commands?

I have no idea howto work with js. The wiki ''how to install'' is also not enough for non-nerds. Are there more information about this?

A good explanation is needed!

But anywhere, thanks to the coder. excuse my denglish
Sorry, to say but if you have no idea about how OSC works and what it is you will have no chance to use TouchOSC.

moss wrote:if you have no idea about how OSC works and what it is you will have no chance to use TouchOSC
Veto! ;) The statement probably was meant to express
if you have no idea about how OSC works and what it is you will have no chance to use OSC.control.js
But since TouchOSC supports classic MIDI just as well (with TouchOSC Bridge installed & running on your PC),
the poster should simply try TouchOSC for Bitwig instead of OSC.control.js. Or build his own TouchOSC layouts with the editor and use them together with a generic controller script in Bitwig. Works perfectly fine without any OSC knowledge :D

Hi Moss ! How are you ?
i came back on the lemur for Bitwig template(mine from the orignal one) in a new configuration (new pc, fresh installation , new back (less pain)). and i worked with your script (OSC4Bitwig) ont the lemur (even if liine didn't worked at all on the lemur OSC lack of compatibility ) i tried to make a use of the "/track/{1-8}/clip/..." command (to receive from the script).
it worked almost correctly (problem for refreshing...as normal).... but when i create more than say....5 clip launcher (pads) (?) it began to work erraticaly...
i wanted to create a 8X8 pad but...i gived up.
then i tried with Touch OSC . and after one working pad (cliplauncher) (with lot of led (for showing play/rec etc... from bitwig on the ipad)) ...i duplicated....and it was weird and i was afraid ... like in halloween .
i also used " /scene/{1-8}/launch " (by creating 8 pad naturaly)
and
"/track/{1-8}/clip/{1-N}/launch
/track/{1-8}/clip/{1-N}/record
/track/{1-8}/clip/{1-N}/select
/track/{1-8}/clip/stop
"
that was halloween + chrismat time ! lot's of light blinking when it can...but not necesseraly in the appropriate moment ...
i think there is still bugs in the script... hard to say what precisely.
then i gived up (i spent 3 days but i could not afford to take more time now) ...for the moment but i will get back on it later. and i will be more clear on the way bugs takes place on the touch osc ... finally i will perhaps continue on the lemur...will see.
Have a good day Mr Moß !

Hi Zengel!
zengel wrote: it worked almost correctly (problem for refreshing...as normal).... but when i create more than say....5 clip launcher (pads) (?) it began to work erraticaly...
What was erraticaly? The starting of the clips?

Sorry, to say but if you have no idea about how OSC works and what it is you will have no chance to use TouchOSC.
It works now without any problem.
I just forget to sync the Bitwig layout with the TouchOSC editor. :ud:

Janic wrote:
It works now without any problem.
I just forget to sync the Bitwig layout with the TouchOSC editor. :ud:
Great!

Hi Moss .
have finished the clip laucher part with touchOSC. but finally yes, there are bugs . no, the starting of the clip is ok(the script receive correctly the information...will try further but it seems to work greatly).It's the refreshing part (the information sent to the ipad from Bitwig). It's buggy , how far, i don't know . one example is the "/track/x/clip/x/selected", when moving in bank ("/track/bank/" or "/scene/(-/+)"), it refresh sometimes and sometimes not...then i have 2 container clip selected... . can i send you the clip laucher template on touchOSC ? i sent you an invitation on facebook if you want to be my friend ? shure i will congratule you a lot but i'm a nice guy and i can stop ! ;)

Return to “Controller Scripting”