Open Sound Control (OSC) is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh ! when i scroll the scene...the name of scene don't move....i only have the 8 firsts...that are not the same of the other scene...but it works great for the clips name.. moving in the scenes makes the names move to.
and we know when the scene is selected....can i ask if we can have a "command" to "/select/scene/" ? ;)
i don't remember the process to ask something or say a bug on the github . but i will try to remember later.
end.

And...when you start a new session the script does not initialise the 8*8 grid.
for example after testing a bitwig set with 16*16 clips (16 scene and 16 tracks) saved it. closed bitwig and re-opened it in "clean" setup (1 audio track and 1 ins track)...and then script does not "erase" the state of the 8*8 clips (and scene name nand tracks name,etc...) to "blank" data . that would be great !

and finally...after this day of total OSC4bitwig with touch osc . whatever the way i try to put a track in solo or mute or recarm...switches, pad, faders... with values from 0 to1 or values from 1 to 1 (trying to force it)...it goes back to the 0 value immediatly. and i see on bitwig switching on and immediately off. tried a midi switches (toggle) (then not with os4bitwig) ...it work correctly with . is there a bug in the script switching it back to 0 ? i don't remember having this problem on the lemur template. but contrary to touchosc i think i "blocked" the talk back of the script (by a work on the cursor position (independant action on cursor up and down)) and didn't saw that .
perhaps i should make video of this different bug ?

zengel wrote:can i send you the clip laucher template on touchOSC ?
Yes, send it over.

sent the link in PM ;)

I sent a message to Hexlet.net . asking if he could see and do something to make the template work correctly with your script.
i would love so mutch that 2 OSC elements could work correctly together !

Hi Moss! here , me again !
Ok, i thought about the OSC bug of Touch OSC. but i find a strange behavior to with the OSC4bitwig script.
Your script, i know, could be used with almost every OSC interfaces .but i made a simple teste.
i wanted to launch a clip with a pad.
Then i used a midi pad on my mpk49 that send a midi CC that switched between 0 to 127 when i push and i release the pad.
and the pad launch the clip correclty.
Now i use the TouchOSC with a pad made on touch OSC and i use the command "/track/1/clip/1/launch" and i use OSC4bitwig. then i push the pad to launch the first clip on the track 1 . but here is the "bug" . i send for a first time the command when i push the pad and bitwig send the clip ...AND i release the pad ...and bitwig send again the clip.... that is not the correct behavior. bitwig should ignore the release of the pad... the OSC script does not disctinguish the push and the release...it's just the same command sent 2 times...that's the problem of bitwig or the script?
But may i ask you if the script could RECEIVE this kind of command "/track/{1-8}/clip/{1-N}/launch {1,-}" . that would solve definitively the problem i think . cause when i push the pad it send 1 and the OSC script could launch the clip and and when i release the pad, the OSC4bitwig script ignore the "0"... ?
but it's also true with a lot of element in your script that does not receice numerical data ...there are a lot of them...
what do you think about it ?

zengel wrote: Now i use the TouchOSC with a pad made on touch OSC and i use the command "/track/1/clip/1/launch" and i use OSC4bitwig. then i push the pad to launch the first clip on the track 1 . but here is the "bug" . i send for a first time the command when i push the pad and bitwig send the clip ...AND i release the pad ...and bitwig send again the clip.... that is not the correct behavior. bitwig should ignore the release of the pad... the OSC script does not disctinguish the push and the release...it's just the same command sent 2 times...that's the problem of bitwig or the script?
Hi Zengel,
yes you are right, I could filter to only accept positive values. To be honest, I stopped working around the limitations of TouchOSC a long time ago. Lemur looked much more promising in that regard and Suloo got really far with his Template but it has limitations too. As long as the app developers don't seem to have an interest in making their stuff useable I am out of it.
Cheers.

I'm totaly 100% agree...what to say. i'm from the "legacy" Jazzmutant Lemur. i bought it many years before and i was so sad when they left it. and was so happy when Liine took the license so happy to see all this new abilities...and sad again to see this abandonned. i don't understand why they does not sell the license to people who could work on it cause they want it to be debugged and want simply to do a really good thing. whatever i developped on it, i was at the end on a "bug" . i managed to get rid off someby some tricky solution resulting in analysing "what happen" when the bug come and trying then to "make it" differently, it work for some. but some are deeply coded in the lemur and what ever you do , you can't do...and lost soooo mutch time . so mutch more time to "debug" my template than creating it. Finally it took me 3-4 -5 times longer to develop one template because of this. and finaly and each times...i gived up. i love this modularity in lemur but really they don't give a shit now. they stop developping it. it's so unique so powerfull. and really it's sad to see they stopped . it could be so mutch more.
then yet, concerning the osc script , i want to make it work with a real template on the touch osc setup. even if it's not perfect , it's really more usable than the lemur . i can do the job of developping this template . as far as i can. i want it. as far as it could not be as tricky as the lemur. And i think it can't. touch OSC is simplier than the lemur ...less bug...and yes. you saw my "launch pad". it's usable . it's simple and i want it to be simple . are you ok to "adapt" your script to make it working on it ? as far as i see for now it's this switch behavior ... i don't know if the script have to adapt more . but for the moment it's only this.

the suloo script does not work anymore. don't know why.

yea i need to update all pages and stuff, voice has sold bitwig by now and basically nothing really works anymore. I just was super busy with exams and all that, but gonna do some work on it this weekend.

I gave up the lemur template. as long as we don't have a coder to make the OSC4lemur work . As moss i don't have to spend my time trying to understand how i can do to drive my cars without tires ...almost without wheel concerning the OSC. I will use the lemur for Midi.here it works.
but if one day someone want to continue the OSC4Bitwig project i will be sOOOO happy to make the design with you suloo.
for know i think working on the OSC one is mutch easier cause it is mutch simpler. and finally , i think it's possible to fisnish a great template on it for bitwig. and for shure, if a useable good template work , i really think it could be a first step to make things move concerning the lemur dev .cause things would be done on touch OSC usable , simple (yet there is absolutly nothing like this for bitwig . Moss did and do the bigest part. his script is so great, i'm SOOOO sad to see that for now it's useless. nothing use it . i want to use it . to exploit it fully. so mutch things could be done with his script !
i can spend a lot of time doing it on TOUCH OSC or whatever that could me the things useable (and abordable and free) . and if you want to participate as we did for the lemur! for shure! yes !

Hi Moss! i tried to adapt your script with this (it's for the clip lauch) .
case 'launch':
if (value === 1)this.model.getCurrentTrackBank ().getClipLauncherSlots (trackIndex).launch (clipNo - 1);

it seems to work, but i don't know if it's the best way to script that .

zengel wrote:Hi Moss! i tried to adapt your script with this (it's for the clip lauch) .
case 'launch':
if (value === 1)this.model.getCurrentTrackBank ().getClipLauncherSlots (trackIndex).launch (clipNo - 1);

it seems to work, but i don't know if it's the best way to script that .
You can use:
if (value == null || value > 0)

Thanks Moss!
it's template time today!
i have one more question. it's about the Lemur .
Voice303 adapted your script to make it compatible with the lemur. and it works . even if it's to slow (i think it's about the way he coded the clip launcher that flood the lemur of continuous data...but it's a guess).
i tried to understand how to transpose his code (the part that make the data compatible to the lemur) to your code...failure...but i wil try again. if you have a clue ?
But first i want to make this template for the tousch OSC now. we will see what happen next.
thanks Moss !

Return to “Controller Scripting”