Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks so much moss! Looking forward to trying what you come up with.

Yea the pads are really bad on the SL's, and it's unfortunate that they skimped on the row select buttons. Other than that, the Zero imo feels better than the keyboard versions, and has longer and better feeling faders and a better design/layout. I've been trying to decide which one to keep, and it's not easy :)

maschinelf wrote:Thanks so much moss! Looking forward to trying what you come up with.

Yea the pads are really bad on the SL's, and it's unfortunate that they skimped on the row select buttons. Other than that, the Zero imo feels better than the keyboard versions, and has longer and better feeling faders and a better design/layout. I've been trying to decide which one to keep, and it's not easy :)
I checked in the implementation on GitHub, please give it a go.
There is now a new option in the script settings to turn on mode selection with drum pads.
I do not have my Remote at home so I could not test it. Fingers crossed :-)

Great news! I just did some quick testing and it works :wheee:

Pads 1-4 correspond to the four row selection buttons according to the lay out of the keyboard models i.e. Pad 1 for first button row, Pad 2 for the first knob row etc. Though the layout is different on the Zero, I'm just glad it works. It also switches between the different modes for each row just fine. Will test some more tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much for sorting this out!

Used it some more today, and didn't find any problems or instability during my session. Also tried with a keyboard connected to the midi in and playing notes C1 and above with the pad selection mode turned on, and it doesn't interfere in any way with the pads. Automap plugins work fine too. One basic improvement, if it could be done easily, would be to make the pads correspond to their positions on the zero i.e. Pad 1 and 2 for the two knob rows, Pad 3 and 4 for the button rows.

The only thing that I find a bit off is switching the display from side to side, but it's pretty much the same for the keyboard models too and is because of the advanced Ableton template. It works fine in automap and in the regular templates, just seems to be a problem with how the Ableton template is programmed.

EDIT: If you set midi to U2 in the global routing page, you can use an external device to replicate the pad functions.

maschinelf wrote:One basic improvement, if it could be done easily, would be to make the pads correspond to their positions on the zero i.e. Pad 1 and 2 for the two knob rows, Pad 3 and 4 for the button rows.
Ah, did not think of that. I reordered them now. Please, check it out.

Time for a new release:

#3.01
  • New: New option in the script settings to turn on mode selection with drum pads to work around a problem with the Remote Zero MkII.
  • New: Added Option: Behaviour on stop
  • Fixed: Track bank was not adjusted when track selection was changed in Bitwig.
  • Fixed: Bank range in grouped tracks behaves weird (requires Bitwig 1.3.8 RC 2+)
Get it from http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Enjoy!

moss the boss! :tu:

Cool, I will try as soon as I can.

New update #3.02

Requires Bitwig 1.3.15+

* New: Track scrolls into view when selected
* New: Replaced Browser toggling in first row with the option to open/close the VST window.

Nice and thanks, I will try when I can.

Happy new year!

Thanks for the script!

I somehow have an issue with the first knob row: It always switches back to the first/default mode with FM-4.

Is there an easy way to make the knob row change the Macros instead of the device parameters?

PS: I am using the latest version of everything(haha) with Ubuntu 16.10

noreabu wrote: I somehow have an issue with the first knob row: It always switches back to the first/default mode with FM-4.
Switch back from where / when you did what?
noreabu wrote: Is there an easy way to make the knob row change the Macros instead of the device parameters?
Press the row select button till you see "Fixed parameters" on the screen. Then use the P1 buttons to select "Macros".

BTW: I just checked in a fix on GitHub for changing e.g. the first parameter of FM-4.

The issue came up after selecting the device, then pressing the button to the left until the message "Fixed parameters" appeared. In the case of the FM-4 this allowed me to change the Mod-Parameters from 1-4 but after some random time it switched back to the device parameters.

Just tried to reproduce it and i might have a "dirty" fader sending cc in between which may cause that issue :neutral:

I will do some debugging / midi signal monitoring and then post again.

Time for a last 1.3.x release before we jump into Bitwig 2 fun:
  • Fixed: Some issues with discrete parameter changes.
As usual get it from my homepage: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Hi Moss,

thanks for the awesome script. I tried it today for the first time and I'm having some issues with track select. Specifically, track select buttons 5-8 are also sometimes triggering bank changes, always shifting 1-3 banks down in the session.

It only seems to happen with my existing projects or with the template I created for starting new tracks. I tried creating new projects from scratch specifically to test it, with all kinds of different grouping, multi-out VSTis etc. but couldn't reproduce it. I can't think what it might be in my template or tracks that is causing this. You seen anything like this?

Here's my template if you want to have a look yourself -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/189 ... bwtemplate

Am using only a 25 SL MkII with OS 1.3.12, Bitwig 1.3.15 on OSX 10.9.5, v3.03 of your script. Happy to provide any other info.

Return to “Controller Scripting”