Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

penningt
KVRer

19 posts since 12 Mar, 2010

Postby penningt; Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:27 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

moss wrote:
penningt wrote:Once the sliders are operating the effects track, how can you switch them back so that they are operating the main tracks?

Press the row selection button for track editing multiple times to toggle between the editing of normal tracks, effect tracks and the master track.

That's how I expected it to work but it does not seem to work correctly on my system - it just stays on the effect tracks. Seems the only way to switch back to normal tracks is to reload the script.

moss wrote:
penningt wrote:I am looking for a way to select scenes - is this currently possible? If not I was wondering if drum pads 1-8 could trigger scenes 1-8?

So far I decided against such features since it is not quite in the focus of the device. Furthermore, the drum pads are pretty horrible and I would not trust them to start scenes reliably.

Fair enough - thanks for considering it.
moss
KVRian

1004 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:57 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

penningt wrote:That's how I expected it to work but it does not seem to work correctly on my system - it just stays on the effect tracks. Seems the only way to switch back to normal tracks is to reload the script.

Are you pressing the correct button? It is the fourth on the left, not the one at the volume sliders on the right.
penningt
KVRer

Postby penningt; Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:58 pm Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

moss wrote:Are you pressing the correct button? It is the fourth on the left, not the one at the volume sliders on the right.

Yes
thecrumb
KVRist

39 posts since 12 Jul, 2014

Postby thecrumb; Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:51 pm Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Newb help :)

I just purchased a used Novation and am trying to get it setup. I'm on BW 1.1.3, on Linux and have downloaded the ZIP file from Github and followed the instructions with mapping the MIDI ports.

Nothing seems to work out of the box - I'm wondering if I need to reset something on the Novation itself?

It complains about Automap is offline.

It *does* seem to be connected because if I click a track in Bitwig - the appropriate light on the fader illuminates. And if I click another track - lights flash, the fader light changes, etc :)

But I can't seem to actually control anything :)

Thanks!
Jim
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:11 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

penningt wrote:
moss wrote:Are you pressing the correct button? It is the fourth on the left, not the one at the volume sliders on the right.

Yes

Hmm, running out of ideas. Is there an error displayed in the script console? (View -> Show Control Script Console; on the left click on the MkII script).
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

thecrumb wrote:It *does* seem to be connected because if I click a track in Bitwig - the appropriate light on the fader illuminates. And if I click another track - lights flash, the fader light changes, etc :)

If the lights show up the Novation should be fine. Is the display not filled at all? What if you change modes with the row selection buttons?

thecrumb wrote:But I can't seem to actually control anything :)

I don't know about the MIDI port naming on Linux maybe try a different one.[/quote]
thecrumb
KVRist

Postby thecrumb; Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:55 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

I don't know about the MIDI port naming on Linux maybe try a different one.

Would I do this in the code somewhere? I tried all sorts of combinations in the options dialog with no changes.

aplaymidi -l gives me:
Code: Select all
Port    Client name                      Port name
 14:0    Midi Through                     Midi Through Port-0
 28:0    ZeRO MkII                        ZeRO MkII MIDI 1
 28:1    ZeRO MkII                        ZeRO MkII MIDI 2

Jim
thecrumb
KVRist

Postby thecrumb; Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:33 pm Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

I re-read installation instructions and had my MIDI ports backward...

Should be:

--> In 1: Zero MKii MIDI 2
-->In 2: Zero MKii MIDI 1

<-- Out 1: Zero MKii MIDI 2

Once I configured this correctly my faders, transport controls etc started working!!

@moss - can I provide a graphic image of how the buttons, etc? Are mapped out? I need to plugin my Akai again but I thought it had a diagram showing what was what. I could knock out something fairly quick...
lung
KVRist

337 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Postby lung; Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:16 pm Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Hi,
Will this script work with the original SL series?
Cheers.
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:08 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

thecrumb wrote:I re-read installation instructions and had my MIDI ports backward...

Great :-)

thecrumb wrote:@moss - can I provide a graphic image of how the buttons, etc? Are mapped out? I need to plugin my Akai again but I thought it had a diagram showing what was what. I could knock out something fairly quick...

Sure!
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:19 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

lung wrote:Hi,
Cheers.

One user wrote (earlier in this thread) that it works fine. But I can not test it myself.
lung
KVRist

337 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Postby lung; Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

moss wrote:
lung wrote:Hi,
Cheers.

One user wrote (earlier in this thread) that it works fine. But I can not test it myself.

Hi moss,
Sorry I missed that. Thanks for letting me know. I'll give it a shot (and report back).
Cheers.
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:44 am Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

penningt wrote:

Yes

Got it! :party: Please checkout the new version on GitHub to see if it fixes your problem.
penningt
KVRer

Postby penningt; Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:44 pm Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Whoot! Works a treat - many thanks! :)
takaii
Banned

Postby takaii; Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:17 pm Re: Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Is there a novation sl mk2 script that works with automap?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting