APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

jaytwoeight wrote:Hey Moss,

Thanks so much for writing this script. It works really well and I have one question:

Do you think it's possible to create a dj-style combo filter effect and map it to the knobs at the top of an APC40 mkII (which currently control Pan)?

I tried this via a macro which controls 2 filter effects (high pass and low pass), but it appears that a knob assigned to a macro cannot control the parameters of 2 filter effects, in a way where turning the knob to the left (from the 12 o'clock position) increases the high pass filter, while turning it to the right (from the 12 o'clock) increases the low pass filter.

I have quite a bit of JavaScript experience and if it is possible to do this via a combination of API scripts and built-in macro controls, I can look into modifying your code myself. I just need:
A) to know if you think this is possible at all
B) some pointers on how to accomplish (via "forking" your template)

Thanks!
Sure, you can program that. But it would be very specific.

Moss:

Thank you for writing the APC40 script for Bitwig. It is smooth, works well and is easy to use. I would be lost in controlling Bitwig Studio without your script.

If there is a way to donate Euros to expand your development, I'd like to contribute.

Thank you again,
Matt

mixit wrote:Moss:

Thank you for writing the APC40 script for Bitwig. It is smooth, works well and is easy to use. I would be lost in controlling Bitwig Studio without your script.

If there is a way to donate Euros to expand your development, I'd like to contribute.

Thank you again,
Matt
That's very kind :hug: I am in it for the fun, so no donation necessary. However, if you feel like christmas my Amazon wishlist is public :wink:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/registry/wishlist/UUYHKXZFZVY2/

Released #3.05:

- Shift + Session: Enable automation write in clip launcher
- Fixed: Bank range in grouped tracks behaves weird (requires Bitwig 1.3.8 RC 2+)

Have fun!

Can You add a new script for one button of APCmini?

In Transport Control Column (8th column buttons) missing a key/button with 'Stop and back to start' or 'back to start loop'.

The APCMINI script refuses to shift the 8x8 grid. Just plain doesn't work like the manual says. Works okay with Ableton. It's just 'Shift+Cursor' right?

groovermonger wrote:The APCMINI script refuses to shift the 8x8 grid. Just plain doesn't work like the manual says. Works okay with Ableton. It's just 'Shift+Cursor' right?
I cannot reproduce that. Works fine here.

groovermonger wrote:The APCMINI script refuses to shift the 8x8 grid. Just plain doesn't work like the manual says. Works okay with Ableton. It's just 'Shift+Cursor' right?
You can now double click/press the "Play button" to return to zero.

Released version 3.04 for APCmini:
* Double clicking the *Play button* returns play cursor to zero.
* Changed notification text from 'Play' to 'Start/Stop'
* Fixed: Scale layout and chromatic mode could not be changed from properties dialog.
* Fixed: Bank range in grouped tracks behaves weird (requires Bitwig 1.3.8 RC 2+)

Enjoy!

GREAT!!

Hello Jürgen,

Thank you very much for your amazing scripts.
I have a general question. Do you accept pull requests in github with script improvements (e.g. APC Mini)?
Or you prefer to stick with functionality of your choice?

midiscripts wrote:Hello Jürgen,

Thank you very much for your amazing scripts.
I have a general question. Do you accept pull requests in github with script improvements (e.g. APC Mini)?
Or you prefer to stick with functionality of your choice?
If you have something interesting to add I will definitively have a look. However, there's no general guarantee for acceptance. :D

Any chance for the Akai MPK Mini MKII be supported in the future ? So far I am able to get everything working with just generic controller script and a few custom mapping inside of Bitwig. Only issue is the arpeggiator feature which isn't a huge deal, but would be nice. There is a few other scripts for this, however I have not had luck with the arpeggiator feature with those either.

Hi Jürgen,
I am almost always in 'clip launcher' mode and in 'linear' mode. If I then push the buttons on my Akai apc mini to play a clip in the 'clip launcher' the rows and columns behave not the way it should be. In other words If I press a button on the second column on the apc mini the button on the second row in Bitwig is marked and so on.
Is it possible to change the vertical/horizontal behaviour?
Thanks.

kvrtiger wrote:Hi Jürgen,
I am almost always in 'clip launcher' mode and in 'linear' mode. If I then push the buttons on my Akai apc mini to play a clip in the 'clip launcher' the rows and columns behave not the way it should be. In other words If I press a button on the second column on the apc mini the button on the second row in Bitwig is marked and so on.
Is it possible to change the vertical/horizontal behaviour?
Thanks.
I am not quite sure if I understood you: Is this a feature request for a flip mode of the clip launcher mode?
If yes: I did not implement that because already now I find it pretty hard to use, with the added features and the limited colors and no display present.

Return to “Controller Scripting”