APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Love this script, makes my APC 40 work better with Bitwig than Ableton!

My two questions are:

1. Is it possible to access the Common Parameters, Envelopes and Modulations in from the hardware or do I need to do new mappings with these set as general parameters?

2. How to I enter layers from the APC 40 MKI if I have no only have the 1 set of Device arrows on the MKI.
I did figure out that you switch Banks with Shift and those arrows but have yet to figure out how to enter other layers.

Thank You

skysplitterink wrote: 1. Is it possible to access the Common Parameters, Envelopes and Modulations in from the hardware or do I need to do new mappings with these set as general parameters?
You have to map them.
skysplitterink wrote: 2. How to I enter layers from the APC 40 MKI if I have no only have the 1 set of Device arrows on the MKI.
I did figure out that you switch Banks with Shift and those arrows but have yet to figure out how to enter other layers.
I did not implement the feature on the MkI due to the missing Bank button. Also see the full documentation on GitHub: https://github.com/git-moss/APC4Bitwig/wiki

Hey moss, I played around a bit with your APC Mini script and everything works great, except for one thing : when I'm in Drum Sequencer mode and my note resolution is too low for the controller to show all the notes, I have no idea how to scroll to the next page so I can setup the rest of my sequence.
Any pointers ?
Cheers and happy holidays :wink:

El_Jorgito wrote:Hey moss, I played around a bit with your APC Mini script and everything works great, except for one thing : when I'm in Drum Sequencer mode and my note resolution is too low for the controller to show all the notes, I have no idea how to scroll to the next page so I can setup the rest of my sequence.
Any pointers ?
Cheers and happy holidays :wink:
Sorry, but that is currently not possible.

Too bad !
Your script rocks anyways, thanks for the swift answer.

New update #3.08 for APC40MkI and MkII:
Requires Bitwig 1.3.15+
* New: Track scrolls into view when selected
* New: Use different colors for note starts and lengths in note and drum sequencer.
* New: Quantize is now working as expected (but only on selected notes). Use the properties window to set the quantize amount.
* Fixed: Scales did not update in sequencers.

For the mini:

* New: Quantize is now working as expected (but only on selected notes). Use the properties window to set the quantize amount.

moss wrote:New update #3.08 for APC40MkI and MkII:
Requires Bitwig 1.3.15+
* New: Use different colors for note starts and lengths in note and drum sequencer.

For the mini:

Hi Moss,
Thank you for this script it's really great.
I've noticed that in Sequencer mode I can move in groups of 8 steps with the buttons on the first row.
I can only edit the first 8 steps, when i press the second column in the first row to go to the next 8 steps, the lights in the apc mini do not update with the next notes and they still modify the first 8 steps. It would be great if it's possible to edit the following steps.

Is there a way to achieve this , perhaps modifying one of the JS files to get the APC mini to update the next notes properly?

Cheers
Who is this doing this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

ulozilla wrote: I can only edit the first 8 steps, when i press the second column in the first row to go to the next 8 steps, the lights in the apc mini do not update with the next notes and they still modify the first 8 steps. It would be great if it's possible to edit the following steps.
Since several people requested this in the last time, here we go:

Version 3.09 of the APCmini4Bitwig script is online:
  • New: Cursor left/right in Note and Drum Sequencer now change the page of the clip.
  • New: Cursor up/down in Note, Drum and Raindrop Sequencer now change the note range.
  • New: The two red buttons in the middle of the Shift view now allow to change the scale.

moss wrote:
ulozilla wrote: I can only edit the first 8 steps, when i press the second column in the first row to go to the next 8 steps, the lights in the apc mini do not update with the next notes and they still modify the first 8 steps. It would be great if it's possible to edit the following steps.
Since several people requested this in the last time, here we go:

Version 3.09 of the APCmini4Bitwig script is online:
  • New: Cursor left/right in Note and Drum Sequencer now change the page of the clip.
  • New: Cursor up/down in Note, Drum and Raindrop Sequencer now change the note range.
  • New: The two red buttons in the middle of the Shift view now allow to change the scale.
Moss,
Thank you, it's working.
The first row buttons are going to be used in the future?. On these i think the notes are still the same when i change to the following ones.

ulozilla wrote: Thank you, it's working.
The first row buttons are going to be used in the future?. On these i think the notes are still the same when i change to the following ones.
Works fine here. Can you give a step-by-step reproduction of the problem?

Sure,

1- I go to sequencer mode in an empty channel (instrument one)
2- I create a clip (double click) and put some notes on the APC mini
3- Then i click the second column on the first row to to edit the next half (next 8 steps)
4- I Still see the same notes of the first half (and on the computer screen Bitwig moves to the next half)

Note: If I press arrow/cursor right on the APC it will move to the next 8 notes, but not from the selectors on the first row

ulozilla wrote:Sure,

3- Then i click the second column on the first row to to edit the next half (next 8 steps)
4- I Still see the same notes of the first half (and on the computer screen Bitwig moves to the next half)

Note: If I press arrow/cursor right on the APC it will move to the next 8 notes, but not from the selectors on the first row
Ah, now I see. That's not a bug that's a feature :-)
You change the edit page (now) with the cursor keys! The buttons of the first row set the loop region of the clip! Keep the first pad pressed and press a second one to create a larger region. You can also create larger regions than the current clip lengh, also nice for performing!

moss wrote:
ulozilla wrote:Sure,

Ah, now I see. That's not a bug that's a feature :-)
You change the edit page (now) with the cursor keys! The buttons of the first row set the loop region of the clip! Keep the first pad pressed and press a second one to create a larger region. You can also create larger regions than the current clip lengh, also nice for performing!
Oh, i see, Thank you for letting me know

Time to have a lot of fun now!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
for creating this script and for adding the ability to view the rest of the sequence.
My only request;
I like where you added the ability to change mode in the "shift" menu. Could you perhaps add chromatic/in key to the shift menu as well? I often prefer chromatic, and currently have to go to "play" and change the setting there.

My only question;
How does this script work with multiple devices, such as mutliple APCs, or a push, or perhaps an akai midimix?

Thanks again, I love this script, it has enabled me to do so much.
I got this Akai on a whim, and had no idea that your script existed or how good it was. Now I'm tempted to upgrade to a push 1 (they're so cheap now, and I never liked how they took over Ableton's inputs; the way you do it it Bitwig is much better, in my opinion) - but I don't want to lose the desk space

Hey Moss. They Bitwig APC40 script is amazing, I am wondering if you will have groups close on the hardware when you do it in the software. This is possible in ableton but not sure if it can happen in bitwig, but for work flow this would be amazing!

Thanks for your work.

Zach

Return to “Controller Scripting”