Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

pentium4powerhouse wrote:My only question;
How does this script work with multiple devices, such as mutliple APCs, or a push, or perhaps an akai midimix?


You can do that but all scripts follow the cursor track. E.g. the main application would be to have one device runnning the session view and the other a sequencer or play mode.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:08 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

skysplitterink wrote:Hey Moss. They Bitwig APC40 script is amazing, I am wondering if you will have groups close on the hardware when you do it in the software. This is possible in ableton but not sure if it can happen in bitwig, but for work flow this would be amazing!

Thanks for your work.

Zach


That's currently not possible.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:49 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

pentium4powerhouse wrote:My only request;
I like where you added the ability to change mode in the "shift" menu. Could you perhaps add chromatic/in key to the shift menu as well? I often prefer chromatic, and currently have to go to "play" and change the setting there.


Checkout the latest GitHub checkin :-)
SkulRabit
KVRer
 
2 posts since 18 Jan, 2017

Postby SkulRabit; Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:44 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

i respect.
i ask some one.
sheft + Bank seletct button(left or right) = Shift+Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up or down

i do that change mode. (Play mode)

how. no change mode. i want just bank focus 8 move.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:11 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

SkulRabit wrote:i respect.
i ask some one.
sheft + Bank seletct button(left or right) = Shift+Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up or down

i do that change mode. (Play mode)

how. no change mode. i want just bank focus 8 move.


Sorry, but I do not understand a single word.
Do you want to report a bug or this is as feature request?
SkulRabit
KVRer
 
2 posts since 18 Jan, 2017

Postby SkulRabit; Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:51 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

There is a bug.
If you look at your manual

Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down

the problem is
Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up and change 'Play mode'
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down and change 'Play mode'
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:52 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

SkulRabit wrote:There is a bug.
If you look at your manual

Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down

the problem is
Shift + Cursor right - Move track bank focus 8 tracks up and change 'Play mode'
Shift + Cursor left - Move track bank focus 8 tracks down and change 'Play mode'


Ah, now I understand. Yes, this can happen. I tried to workaround this but the problem is a synchronisation issue which I cannot solve in Javascript.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:49 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Time for a last 1.3.x release for the APCmini before we jump into Bitwig 2 fun:

  • New: Toggle in-key/chromatic with pad in Shift view (below the scale selection pads).

As usual get it from my homepage: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

WARNING:
I just pushed the latest code to GitHub which now supports the new v2 API.
https://github.com/git-moss/APC4Bitwig
https://github.com/git-moss/APCmini4Bitwig

This version is NOT compatible with 1.3.x! If you are on the Beta list feel free to give it a try.

There are still some regressions in the API, which are documented here: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... regression

So please look there first before reporting bugs.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:21 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Now it's the time for an official release after we celebrated the Bitwig Studio 2.0 this week:

#4.00 - APC40 + APC40mkII
Requires Bitwig 2.0.

  • Fixed: Shift+Track had new clip lengths in wrong order
  • New: Shift+Track lights the selected clip length
  • New: SendA+Track lights the selected Send
  • New: Onscreen display of selected Send
  • New: If you press Shift, there are new functions if you press the pads of the first row:
    • Add instrument track
    • Add audio track
    • Add effect track
    • Add device before
    • Add device after
    • Undo
    • Redo
  • Performance improvements

#4.00 - APCmini
Requires Bitwig 2.0.

  • New: Press Shift+Device twice to open the preset browser.
  • Performance improvements
IAmLostForWords
KVRer
 
5 posts since 10 Mar, 2017

Postby IAmLostForWords; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Hi there,

first of all: Great WORK! I have become much more productive due to your script(s)

Some ?bug? though in both the Bitwig 1 as well as the Bitwig 2 version for APC40mkII
  • Navigating through nested instruments (i.e. via instrument layer) as shown in the video does not work. First device is accessible with shift+right arrow, other devices will never be selected using the arrow keys.

Or do I misunderstand something here?

Thanks
Last edited by IAmLostForWords on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAmLostForWords
KVRer
 
5 posts since 10 Mar, 2017

Postby IAmLostForWords; Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:26 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

moss wrote:
  • New: If you press Shift, there are new functions if you press the pads of the first row:
    • Add instrument track
    • Add audio track
    • Add effect track
    • Add device before
    • Add device after
    • Undo
    • Redo

In the WIKI it says fifth row, which does not work :-)
whizzl
KVRer
 
6 posts since 14 Jan, 2017

Postby whizzl; Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:35 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

IAmLostForWords wrote:Hi there,

first of all: Great WORK! I have become much more productive due to your script(s)

Some ?bug? though in both the Bitwig 1 as well as the Bitwig 2 version for APC40mkII
  • Navigating through nested instruments (i.e. via instrument layer) as shown in the video does not work. First device is accessible with shift+right arrow, other devices will never be selected using the arrow keys.

Or do I misunderstand something here?

Thanks


I find the same issue. Also the 'user' button now is inactive.
User avatar
moss
KVRian
 
1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:26 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!
User avatar
highsiderr
KVRer
 
19 posts since 3 Oct, 2008

Postby highsiderr; Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:18 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

With 2.1 beta 2 the script, everything works fine
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting