Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
twumpy
KVRist

35 posts since 3 Dec, 2014

Postby twumpy; Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:11 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Hey moss,

would it be possible to implement monome style loop control behaviour in the scripts, for APCs, Push, and other grid controllers?
moss
KVRian

1050 posts since 12 May, 2004

Postby moss; Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:16 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

twumpy wrote:Hey moss,

would it be possible to implement monome style loop control behaviour in the scripts, for APCs, Push, and other grid controllers?

What is "monome style loop control behaviour"? I am not familiar with the Monome.
twumpy
KVRist

Postby twumpy; Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:55 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Hard to give a full explanation, but this video shows it pretty nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAyjcONJcaY
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:18 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

twumpy wrote:Hard to give a full explanation, but this video shows it pretty nicely.

Not sure if I understood any of them :oops:
But I think these sequencers would need to be implemented on the device itself. This is (currently) not possible since I can not get a realiable sync on a device, I always need to rely on the content of a clip.
twumpy
KVRist

Postby twumpy; Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:49 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Yeah, I guess it might require some additional coding from Bitwig side. Some of the ideas can be replicated using the follow actions on the clips. Thanks anyways. 8)
mimamalte
KVRer

1 post since 22 Apr, 2010

Postby mimamalte; Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:41 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Hi Moss,

I just got a apc keys 25 and am trying to get your control script to run on it. The apc mini and the key 25 send pretty much the same data and have the same amount of knobs and buttons. The top two rows of the apc mini send the same data as the keyboard of the apc key though on the keys it is on channel two. Apart from that its all the same. So what I tried to do is translating the data with midi ox wich worked with sending the data two bitwig. But I can't get the bidirectionality and the colours to work.
I also tried two maby edit your scripts mapping but at the moment it's still all to cryptic for my. I'm trying to learn though.
How does it work? Where do you write in the script which midi ports and values the buttons and faders have. From my understanding it would be easiest to fix here.
Anyway keep up your good work and thank you for that.

Cheers

Malte
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

mimamalte wrote:How does it work? Where do you write in the script which midi ports and values the buttons and faders have. From my understanding it would be easiest to fix here.

Hi Malte,

that takes some time to explain: All my script uses a Framework which Mike (teotigraphix) and I developed: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framework4Bitwig

In the specific scripts you find it in the subfolder "framework". The main parts of a script are in "core". The hardware abstraction (your specific controller) is in AbstractControlSurface. The APC script extends that class with the specific hardware information in apc/APC.js

The functionality is in the Mode and View classes.

Hope that gets you started.
JPTV
KVRer

7 posts since 22 Apr, 2015

Postby JPTV; Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:14 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Problem...

Hello thank you writing this wonderful script :) , when I saw the demo video I imediatly bought a APC40 MK2... BUT unfortuantly I can't get the APC40 MK2 to work with Bitwig. I have unzipped the files and put the folder containing the .js files in the Bitwigfolder in documents as was on the Wiki site.

When I open preferences in Bitwig and try to detect available controllers, I get the message NO CONTROLLERS DETECTED. When I try to add it manually the APC40 MK2 is not in the list.

When I say YES I WISH TO ADD A GENERIC CONTROLLER TO USE FOR GENERIC MIDI INPUT, I do see the APC40 MK2 in that list (for input only!) but the again APC40 MK2 does not respond to anything and all lights keep the same as it was without Bitwig.

BTW The APC40 MK2 does work normally with Ableton.

PLEASE HELP, any advise is welcome! I really LOVE the script!! :love:

Thanks!
John
moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

JPTV wrote:When I open preferences in Bitwig and try to detect available controllers, I get the message NO CONTROLLERS DETECTED. When I try to add it manually the APC40 MK2 is not in the list.

If it is not in the list Bitwig can't find them or it crashes:
- Recheck the location, the script must be in : Windows %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Bitwig Studio\ControllerScripts\Push4Bitwig
- Make sure the sub-folder structure is still intact when you unzipped it (there must be sub-folders like framework, view, mode, etc.)
- Check if there are any errors in the script console: View -> Show Control Script Console

Hope that helps.
harmoney
KVRist

93 posts since 9 Mar, 2013

Postby harmoney; Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:37 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Hallo Jürgen,

vielen, vielen Dank für dein fantastisches APC-Script.

Is there a possibility that notes (like coming from the APC-matrix) could use as trigger for buttons (or pseudo-buttons, created by makro-knobs)?

The prob is that the APC has no editor (shame for AKAI) to tweak the buttons as CC.

If possible, could u please,please,please upgrade your fantastic APC-script to 1 or 2 matrix-midilearn-mode?

BTW: use the stop-buttons as mode-selector (8 vs. 5) - these buttons are really useless contrary to the scene-start buttons;-).
And if it possible please, please implement two press-modi: A "long" (>0.2 seconds) push means gate/trigger/temporay... (releases automaticaly to zero after hold) and a short press = normal toggle/switch with LEDon/off????

Another question is: is it possible to send ordinary Midi-Program-Change (which the most VST uses), and if so, could u please implement it (wired e.g. to the nudge+- as de/increment).

And the last question is it possible to make options for the script (shift-settings)? I prefer for example that the matrix/tracks jump 5/8 positions without the need of shift (verse, bridge, chorus... at one click, without controll-view to the screen).

moss
KVRian

Postby moss; Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:33 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Hi!

Thanks for all the ideas.

harmoney wrote:Is there a possibility that notes (like coming from the APC-matrix) could use as trigger for buttons (or pseudo-buttons, created by makro-knobs)?

I am currently still very cautious about implementing things, which are too much off the standard features (or get them for free from the Push script). The reason is that Bitwig has still a lot of features in the pipeline which will be reflected in the API. To support them I need some free buttons or combinations left :-)
Furthermore, in the 1.2 there will be big changes to the midi mapping. So lets see what they are coming up with first.

harmoney wrote:BTW: use the stop-buttons as mode-selector (8 vs. 5) - these buttons are really useless contrary to the scene-start buttons;-).

Yes, good idea if I need more modes!

harmoney wrote:And if it possible please, please implement two press-modi: A "long" (>0.2 seconds) push means gate/trigger/temporay... (releases automaticaly to zero after hold) and a short press = normal toggle/switch with LEDon/off????

For which buttons does that make sense, I guess only Mute and Solo?

harmoney wrote:is it possible to send ordinary Midi-Program-Change (which the most VST uses), and if so, could u please implement it (wired e.g. to the nudge+- as de/increment).

The problem is, what would be the current value when you change tracks?

harmoney wrote:And the last question is it possible to make options for the script (shift-settings)? I prefer for example that the matrix/tracks jump 5/8 positions without the need of shift (verse, bridge, chorus... at one click, without controll-view to the screen).

This will potentially happen since I get this request from time to time from other people as well.
harmoney
KVRist

Postby harmoney; Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:19 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

thx for reply. i will re-reply with numeros, guess you will see what they awnserd.

1&2
Well, lets see what the new mapping will solve at manufacture, but free buttons/combos would you get if you use the stops as mode-changer.

3 (ProgramChange)
well of course the counting has no reply, so the play would in other tracks "start" at e.g. 54 - but who cares? If PC-incrementing is allways a play with random, if the sound dosnt fit, jump to the next. But maybe you could set a modifier "shift" + the decrement = 0 and "shift"+increment = 64 (or 127 or XY). Or a inc/decrement with shift jumps 16 steps, so u are with few push in your "categorie".

nice.

Einen wohlverdienten Kamp- und Feiertag der Arbeiterklasse!
harmoney
KVRist

Postby harmoney; Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:19 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

thx for reply. i will re-reply with numeros, guess you will see what they awnserd.

1&2
Well, lets see what the new mapping will solve at manufacture, but free buttons/combos would you get if you use the stops as mode-changer. And with new modes u got lots of new (matrix)buttons.

3 (ProgramChange)
well of course the counting has no reply, so the play would in other tracks "start" at e.g. 54 - but who cares? If PC-incrementing is allways a play with random, if the sound dosnt fit, jump to the next. But maybe you could set a modifier "shift" + the decrement = 0 and "shift"+increment = 64 (or 127 or XY). Or a inc/decrement with shift jumps 16 steps, so u are with few push in your "categorie".

nice.

Einen wohlverdienten Kamp- und Feiertag der Arbeiterklasse!
dplduffy
KVRist

290 posts since 31 Mar, 2015, from Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Postby dplduffy; Sun May 03, 2015 4:21 pm Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Moss,

Thanks so much for this script, it is awesome. Is there any way we could have access to an "InKey" option like in push? I think you could put it somewhere on the shift grid and it would only take up one button.

-Dan
dplduffy
KVRist

290 posts since 31 Mar, 2015, from Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Postby dplduffy; Mon May 04, 2015 3:01 am Re: APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

So after I posted that question last night I just went and toyed with the script and got the chromatic on/off button working in the shift grid. Pretty awesome framework you and mike have made, makes everything very easy
PreviousNext

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Controller Scripting