Lemur4Bitwig Template now compatible with 2.1.1

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lemur4Bitwig Template 1.1
===========

This is a stripped down version of the Lemur4Bitwig Template.
Please use the OSC4Bitwig script by Moss in combination.

In this version i removed the device, pads, cliplauncher and XY pages, because they were not working correctly due to several limitations. After one year of waiting and trying they remained in an unfinished or buggy state, so we now just have mixer and keyboard page left. The mixer page has been improved with basic group actions and volume meters. I will try to get the device page back once i sorted out the browser correctly.

===========

Current features:

Mixer page, with track & master volume faders, transport, track/bank selection, mute/solo/rec, crossfades, tempo, track activation, panel modes, arranger modes, mixer modes, add tracks, metronome, save, undo/redo , toggle banks, group I/O, VU Meters
Keys page, Modwheel/Pitchbend/Breath/Expression/After Touch with friction and tension control using Lemur physics
Compatible with Bitwig 2.1.1

===========

Install instruction here: https://lucid-network.github.io/Lemur4Bitwig-Template/

Preview:

Now you should be ready to go..

=======
Last edited by llze on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 37 times in total.

Hello Mark,
i am trying so set this up on my macbook,
got your template loade on my ipad in lemur etc..
but i cant figure out, how to make the "controller" get recognised in bitwig.
does your folder with the control script must have a specific name or something?
i tried to place the folder there, where other control scripts are (like push), and also directly in the folder within the bitwig app..
would be very thankful if u have a hint..

thanks!
timo

Hi Timo,

i`m not sure about mac right now, only tested on win. Did you install loopMidi already and set up the ports?
Maybe restart Bitwig again, go to preferences/controller and add manual..does your created folder with the lemur script appear in that list?

thanks for your reply...
well i setup first my ipad as usual with the lemur app and the deamon..
your folder liine_lemur-master gets not recognized (placed it in the same directory like the push-controller script).
for whats loopMidi for? (it seems, that loopMidi is only for windows..)
i also restartet a few times...your folder name (liine_lemur-master) doesnt matter?

ahh..when i place your folder under resources > control surface scripts, then bitwig asks me while launching bitwig, if i want to allow incoming network...someting is reacting...at least :-)

ah ok, please create a folder and just call it liine. Then only include the Lemur.control.js and the datamanager.js into it.
But that is just visual aid. You can also store the Lemur Template in that folder if you want to.

The problem is actualy your Midi Ports. On Windows i use loopMidi to make a connection inbetween the Lemur and my pc. loopmidi then transmits the Midi data into Bitwig. What exactly do you use to build up the midi connection on mac? Its not just the deamon i think. You need to create two midi ports, one input and one out.

Then you need to add them to your lemur setup menu for Midi 0 as a target.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wykv5d3lxn950 ... 9.jpg?dl=0

Then please tell me the exact names of your Midi In and Out port, i will send you a new script and set it up right for you.

cheers

timohenrik wrote:ahh..when i place your folder under resources > control surface scripts, then bitwig asks me while launching bitwig, if i want to allow incoming network...someting is reacting...at least :-)

yes, thats the right place. Also i would take it out from the Bitwig folder itself now, just to not confuse bitwig.

Ok, it seems, that on Mac you really only use the deamon, cool. Then just tell me wich ports you use in the deamon please, i need the exact names of them.

cheers

uhhh..i see...u got way more a plan than me :-)...im so not the technical guy...
but ok...have done what u did..placed the folder like u said..removed everything else..
uhm..ports: i got some Lemur IP showing in the lemur app on my ipad, also in the lemur_editor on my mac..
in the deamon it says
Local Port : Deamon Input 0, Deamon Output 0

is this the way?

no worries m8..i just got a lot of help as well. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsmb59vxr0ehk ... ol.js?dl=0

please test this scriptfile.

cheers

very kind...well copied your script, replaced it (also named it again Lemur.control.js)...
its still not showing up in bitwig as a controller (no liine folder next to akai, korg etc..)..
on my ipad pad under lemur settings (like in your picture)
i see midi targets:
To: Timos-MacBook-Pro-3.local: Daemon Input 0
Under OSC Targets i see the Lemur IP showing, but no Host (0.0.0.0) and no Port (also 0)

thank u so much for looking into this..would be amazing, if this would work..
sorry, i have a long record-session in about 8 Hours..have to get some sleep...
will definitly check the forum tomorrow!

Installation on Win:

1. Make sure your pc and the lemur are in the same wifi network.
2. Download and install the Lemur Editor software from liine. https://liine.net/en/downloads/lemur
2. download + install loopMidi from here: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html
3. create two midi ports, call them loopMIDI Port IN and loopMIDI Port OUT
4. open Lemur, hit the settings dialogue and set the Midi target for Midi 0 to the Ports we just created:
see pic here: Image
Also add OSC target, select your pc and write in port number 8000. Usually this port should not be blocked by your router, but it can happen. In that case you would need to enter your router configuration and forward the port 8000. It could also be that your local firewall is blocking such a connection, so please check that as well, and maybe turn it off for this installation.

5. Now open the daemon software wich comes bundled with the Lemur Editor: Lemur Daemon.exe
6. Make sure both of your created Midi Ports do show up there. If yes, everything is good!
7. Now open up the Lemur Editor: and see this pic: Image
Step 1: open project, select Bitwig_Lemur.jzml
Step 2: Hit the little play button,
Step 3: a window appeares and shows your iPad, select it and connect.
(if it does not show up, check this video please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5iY2mHUqaQ )

8. Now navigate to your personal documents folder
usually its: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Controller Scripts
9: Create a new folder there, call it liine or whatever you want to, and place the Lemur.control.js and the Datamanager.js into this folder.
10. Finally open up Bitwig, go to preferences/controller and hit Detect for available controllers. This can take a few seconds so pls be patient.

The Lemur controller shows up correctly, and you can start using it. If any problems appear during installation, please refer to wich step ..

cheers

Installation on Mac:

tomorrow...
Last edited by llze on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timohenrik wrote:very kind...well copied your script, replaced it (also named it again Lemur.control.js)...
its still not showing up in bitwig as a controller (no liine folder next to akai, korg etc..)..
on my ipad pad under lemur settings (like in your picture)
i see midi targets:
To: Timos-MacBook-Pro-3.local: Daemon Input 0
Under OSC Targets i see the Lemur IP showing, but no Host (0.0.0.0) and no Port (also 0)

thank u so much for looking into this..would be amazing, if this would work..
sorry, i have a long record-session in about 8 Hours..have to get some sleep...
will definitly check the forum tomorrow!
Ok, i had a typo in that script, i wrote Deamon Input , like Deamon tools, but its Daemon..^^
Please check out the version 1.0.1 from Github, should work now.

cheers

Hi, got it to work finally thanks to your detailed instructions - thank you very, very much for those.

One minor bug i found on the "Macro" page: the preset, category and creator buttons are switched - to get to the next preset for example you have to press "Preset -".

Great! glad to here it was useful.

Ok, thx..will fix that in the next version.

cheers and have fun!

;)

Return to “Controller Scripting”